Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

About flax oil
Posted by: Alberto ()
Date: December 23, 2013 02:59PM

Hy everyone,
I read some discussion about the salad dressing...ok, I agree on the fact to limit the use of olive oil, but the flax oil??it is rich in omega 3, why don't use it? Or limit it, I usually use two spoons a day for my salad..it is wrong?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: About flax oil
Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: December 24, 2013 12:46AM

No, it is good-especially if it is cold pressed and refrigerated. Some will criticize oil but you need it and it is difficult to eat 100% purist. We need to survive in a un-pure world the best we can you could be doing worse things to your body and probably are LOL.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: December 24, 2013 02:24AM

Flax oil can easily go rancid, some even say flax oil can go rancid in your body from the heat of your body before it is digested. A better option would be to grind a teaspoon of flax seed in a seed grinder/coffee grinder and put in in your salad dressing or sprinkle it onto your salad.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: December 24, 2013 07:21PM

Yes, much better to use flax seed and process in a coffee grinder. I don't believe that it will go bad after ingestion though. As soon as it hits your stomach it has started to digest, but this is just my opinion. Common sense tells you that it is much better to use the whole food first and not the oil. Hopefully we are always evolving but if you are in begging of your raw food evolution do what you can to stay on a positive path even if it is eating SOME healthy oils.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables