Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

quack theories about fructose
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 05, 2014 02:57PM

from the high fat diets experts winking smiley

[articles.mercola.com]

"fruit is not healthy"

"it would be prudent for you to restrict your fructose consumption to about 15 to 25 grams of fructose per day from all sources"

"His hypothesis is that, rather than being driven by eating too many calories and lack of exercise, obesity is primarily driven by eating too much refined sugar, particularly fructose."

ouch! they admit in the video they do intermitent fasting ja ja what a joke

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 03:06PM by Panchito.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: quack theories about fructose
Date: January 05, 2014 03:20PM

their study: They feed mice HFCS (high fructose corn syrup) which is a transparent liquid 90 times sweeter than sugar. Then they claim sugar and fruits are bad (they call that a scientific study)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 03:22PM by Panchito.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 05, 2014 03:35PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9ipBOwRP8

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 05, 2014 03:40PM

This should be an interesting thread, except I just wish this discussion could be done in person so some people wouldn’t act so disrespectful.

Another one of the “Fruit Bashers” would be Brian Clement, I have 2 Main Issues or 2 Main Points with a few things that he has said about Fruit.

Point #1) I heard Brian Clement say on air back on 1-30-03 that “Today’s fruit has 28-32 times as much sugar as its ancestors when fruit was our original diet.”

If today’s fruit has, for example, 100 calories per 100 grams and 90% is sugar, does that mean that the fruit our ancestors ate only had ~3 calories per 100 grams using an average of 30 times as much sugar?

Point #2) In a YouTube Video [ [www.youtube.com] ] at the 5:25 MM, Brian says, “So pet scans that we use for diagnostic work for cancer. They inject sugar into the body. I have a colleague in California that took apple and took the sugar out of it – injected that into 3 of his patients – the same exact results came from the apple juice extract, the sugar fructose, as did the glucose.”

So Brian’s colleague in California used Isolated Fructose (apple juice extract) and Not the Whole Fruit in this Cancer Experiment and there’s a big difference! For some reason, Brian claims that the body does not differentiate Sugar from Fruit, Candy and Honey and once again, there’s a big difference! We all know that Fruit has Fiber and the Sugar in Fruit is NOT the same as Processed Sugar, so why does Brian think that Isolated Fructose (apple juice extract) is the same thing as eating Fruit with Fiber? To even use this as a comparison makes me very suspect!

Peace and Love..........John

Date: January 05, 2014 03:42PM

jtprindl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9ipBOwRP8

Clements is anti fruit and he defends his theories. Listen to who you want to but keep an open mind for the other experts. Check out this thread about the fraud of DR deegre of Clements [www.rawfoodsupport.com]
(he got his degree in the adress of an empty parking lot)

[en.wikipedia.org]

"In the context of deductive arguments, the appeal to authority is a logical fallacy, though it can be properly used in the context of inductive reasoning. It is deductively fallacious because, while sound deductive arguments are necessarily true, authorities are not necessarily correct about judgments related to their field of expertise. Though reliable authorities are correct in judgments related to their area of expertise more often than laypersons, they can still come to the wrong judgments through error, bias or dishonesty. Thus, the appeal to authority is at best a probabilistic rather than an absolute argument for establishing facts."

about intermitent fasting fallacy: If everery sixth day of the McDonalds diet you don't eat, you remain skinny. Therefore, The high fat Mcdonalds diet is the healthiest.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 03:46PM by Panchito.

Date: January 05, 2014 03:46PM

Panchito Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY9ipBOwRP8
>
> Clements is anti fruit and he defends his
> theories. Listen to who you want to but keep an
> open mind for the other experts
>
> [en.wikipedia.org]
> ty
>
> "In the context of deductive arguments, the appeal
> to authority is a logical fallacy, though it can
> be properly used in the context of inductive
> reasoning. It is deductively fallacious because,
> while sound deductive arguments are necessarily
> true, authorities are not necessarily correct
> about judgments related to their field of
> expertise. Though reliable authorities are correct
> in judgments related to their area of expertise
> more often than laypersons, they can still come to
> the wrong judgments through error, bias or
> dishonesty. Thus, the appeal to authority is at
> best a probabilistic rather than an absolute
> argument for establishing facts."
>
> about intermitent fasting fallacy: If everery
> sixth day of the McDonalds diet you don't eat, you
> remain skinny. Therefore, The high fat Mcdonalds
> diet is the healthiest.

Not really an appeal to authority but more like scientifically proven over and over and over again. There's a reason the HHI has such a great reputation and has cured tens of thousands of people from disease. They know what they're doing and know what they're talking about.

Date: January 05, 2014 03:51PM

I edited and added extra info about DR Clements (the DR degree he got in a parking lot) with a source link. If you read it, you wan't see anymore DR Clement as a scientist and his apeal to authority as director of the hippocrates institute is based on fraud.

Date: January 05, 2014 03:56PM

Link doesn't exist and based on the comments there was no evidence of many if not all of the claims against Clement and HHI.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: January 05, 2014 04:00PM

Where is the control study that "injects" the juice of greens that contains SUGAR to see whether the same effect occurs?

Date: January 05, 2014 04:08PM

Date: January 05, 2014 04:12PM

Quote from a caretaker at a primate sanctuary

"the chimps would eat up to 30 bananas a day if we let them"

I guess the chimps are ADDICTED to sugar too, just as brian claims humans are addicted to the sugar in fruit?

Date: January 05, 2014 04:12PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Link doesn't exist and based on the comments there
> was no evidence of many if not all of the claims
> against Clement and HHI.

[www.prisonplanet.com]

Posted by: powerlifter ()
Date: January 05, 2014 04:47PM

Like all sugar i suspect there is a point when a negative effect comes into play.

Do people really believe they can stuff themselves with endless amounts of sugar/fructose whether from fruits or not and believe it wouldn't have some detrimental effect ?

Im not in the anti-fruit camp myself, i like fruit within balance. Eating fruit is healthy for the majority of individuals i believe, eating nothing but fruit or excessive amounts of fruit, i can't ever see being healthy however.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 04:48PM by powerlifter.

Posted by: janetc ()
Date: January 05, 2014 04:51PM

Here's information about where he got his PhD from if you wish to look up the school yourself: [www.aliveraw.com]

Date: January 05, 2014 05:00PM

>Do people really believe they can stuff themselves with endless amounts of sugar/fructose whether from fruits or not and believe it wouldn't have some detrimental effect ?

endless? of course not.

>Im not in the anti-fruit camp myself, i like fruit within balance. Eating fruit is healthy for the majority of individuals i believe, eating nothing but fruit or excessive amounts of fruit, i can't ever see being healthy however.

WE AGREE!

and yet nobody knows how to accurately define excessive.

note the healthy blood test of DR, eating "excessive" amounts of fruit and sugar for over 10 years.

Can you provide the results of the study that you referenced a while back regarding 30000 vegans and their health status? I don't see it. you stated "are all 30000 vegans doing the diet wrong? first of all i didn't see the results anywhere. i saw less than 3000 vegans in a study. secondly , YES MOST vegans do not eat even close to healthy. you can eat potato chips and soda and be a vegan.

Date: January 05, 2014 05:08PM

fresh wrote:

Quote from a caretaker at a primate sanctuary

"the chimps would eat up to 30 bananas a day if we let them"

On page 30 in “Eat to Live,” Dr. Joel Fuhrman writes:

"Even though we have many unique human traits, we are genetically closely related to the great apes and other primates. Primates are the only animals on the face of the earth that can taste sweet and see color. We were designed by nature to see, grasp, eat and enjoy the flavor of colorful, sweet fruits."

So what’s a Primate to do?

Should they Cook their Food so they can turn this Paradise into Hell?

“God sends meat and the devil sends cooks.” -Thomas Deloney

“God sends meat, and the Devil sends cooks.” -John Taylor, Works, vol. ii. p. 85 (1630).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2014 05:12PM by John Rose.

Date: January 05, 2014 05:16PM

don't be silly JR, we use computers. we can't be eating fruit. the two don't mix, doncha know? bad food combining.

Date: January 05, 2014 05:19PM

<<<don't be silly JR, we use computers. we can't be eating fruit. the two don't mix, doncha know? bad food combining.>>>

Silly me, what was I thinking?

Oh yea, I remember…

Fruit is the only Food on this Planet that actually WANTS us to Eat IT!!!

There ain’t NO Animal alive that WANTS us to Eat IT and if you have to COOK IT to Eat IT, IT ain’t FOOD!!!

Date: January 06, 2014 12:25AM

Panchito Wrote:
> their study: They feed mice HFCS (high fructose
> corn syrup) which is a transparent liquid 90 times
> sweeter than sugar. Then they claim sugar and
> fruits are bad (they call that a scientific study)

Yes, Mercola does alot of low grade research, does low grade analysis and has little credibility imo. l avoid him like the plague.

John Rose Wrote:

> Point #1) I heard Brian Clement say on air back on
> 1-30-03 that “Today’s fruit has 28-32 times as
> much sugar as its ancestors when fruit was our
> original diet.”

Yes. I have asked Brian about showing some proof of this, but no reply. I have searched and searched for this info and there are no records to be found. What l did find was that beets now have 8 - 18% more sugar than 300 years ago due to hybridisation.

But the big question is...could the reported sugar increase be the disaccharide sugars from hybridisation???

> So Brian’s colleague in California used Isolated
> Fructose (apple juice extract) and Not the Whole
> Fruit in this Cancer Experiment and there’s a
> big difference! For some reason, Brian claims
> that the body does not differentiate Sugar from
> Fruit, Candy and Honey and once again, there’s a
> big difference! We all know that Fruit has Fiber
> and the Sugar in Fruit is NOT the same as
> Processed Sugar, so why does Brian think that
> Isolated Fructose (apple juice extract) is the
> same thing as eating Fruit with Fiber? To even
> use this as a comparison makes me very suspect!

Exactly John, and Dr Brian has apparently been caught out on this before where he couldn't answer the question.

Brian would be better off to open his eyes and look around him. Look at Dr Norse and others and use common sense, it's in his best interests to be taken seriously.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 12:28AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: January 06, 2014 12:47AM

janetc Wrote:
> Here's information about where he got his PhD from
> if you wish to look up the school yourself:
> [www.aliveraw.com]

Excellent find.

Here is a company check for the college where he got his Ph D.
[companycheck.co.uk]

No email address.
No phone number.
No contact person.

Looks like Dr Brian did get his Ph D from a dimploma mill University with no proper accreditation. (see [81}) about third of page down.
[www.thefreelibrary.com]

[susanwestrom.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2014 12:54AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables