Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Energy Soup - Whats up with it?
Posted by: ShineON ()
Date: July 24, 2006 02:57AM

Have been hearing alot of great things about Energy Soup.

What gives it the energy? I haven't drank it yet, but hear about a nice vibration that you get from it.. (not high or anything, but a good feeling of sustained energy)

Does anyone drink it often?

Is it the rejuvelac that gives the kick?

Peace

Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Energy Soup - Whats up with it?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 24, 2006 05:35AM

Before green smoothies, there was Energy Soup. It was introduced by Dr. Ann Wigmore. Now we have green smoothies so if you are already green smoothies you know what energy soup is.

Posted by: amanda1382903 ()
Date: August 01, 2006 05:57AM

okay what EXACTLY is a green smoothie? is it any smoothie containing anything green in any ammount?

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 01, 2006 06:23AM

A green smoothie is really a fruit smoothie, with a bunch of greens in it.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 01, 2006 08:48AM

Below is an excerpt from my eBook, The Health Evolution.

Dr. Flora contributed to part of my eBook. This is her recipe for Energy Soup.

Dr. Flora was Dr. Ann Wigmore's personal assistant for 2 decades.

Quoted from [www.therawdiet.com]

Dr. Ann Wigmore's All Electric Energy Soup (for 1 to 4 people)

Section 1/4th of a 1 1/2" slice of organic or local watermelon, barely peeled with the green left on. Separate the pink from the green, dice the pink and put it in a blender with a palm full of well-rinsed dulse and 1 tbsp. of soaked for 15 minutes flax seeds. Blend until you can't see the dulse anymore. Add the green rind and blend again

You may use in season peeled and cored organic apples (her favorites were gala or something sweet and crunchy but ripe), sometimes peeled mangos and sometimes peeled papaya,

In the other half of the blender, sprinkle organic greens (dandelion, purslane and lambsquarter were her favorites, but sunflower and buckwheat baby greens are easily grown in just 7 days). Many markets sell microgreens now. The last 2 years, she used 4" of aloe, freshly cut, and atun cactus, scraped clean of the stickers. Both of those, along with seeded cucumber, are like inexpensive Retin-A for the skin.

If you are extremely acid, add 10 raw or reconstituted figs, which will change your ph quickly and you will become alkaline. Stop the use when the soup tastes too sweet. Your tastes will change quickly as you move from acid (ill) to alkaline (healthy).

If you have been eating a lot of starch, add 6 reconstituted organic prunes the first day; the second day, add 5; third, 4; fourth, 3; fifth, 2 and 6th day, 1. This acts like a roto-rooter and cleans out the starchy mucus that lines the small intestine and gunks up the colon.

Add 2 dollops of homemade Veggikraut* (see sauerkraut recipe on following page).

In the a.m., dice 1/4th (about 2 ounces) of avocado and sprinkle it on top of the soup after you pour it in a bowl. That amount of fat is all your liver can handle at one time before storing it as fat.

In the p.m., separately blend 12 organic almonds that you have soaked overnight and rinsed. I got a tiny blender that does about a pint at a time and then I will use a cup of almonds and make a big batch of 'almond cream' and keep the rest in the fridge in a glass jar with no cap. This is a living food, like the Veggikraut, and it cannot be capped, or it will die (and sometimes burst the jar!)

Eat with a wooden or hard ceramic/plastic spoon. Chew each mouthful at least 30 times before you swallow it, in a peaceful place with no TV on, no disturbing conversation or bad feelings. Put some lovely music on and sit outside, put your feet on the sand, wood, concrete, somewhere where no animals have gone to the bathroom, and feel what is happening to your body, from the feet up.

It may take a few days before you begin to feel the electrical current that comes shooting up your legs from the inside of your ankles, but it a great feeling of complete circulation. Some people have told me later that they hadn't felt circulation in their feet for months or years! This is electrical food! You must eat this within 30 minutes or it dies. Cells regenerate with this electric food and die with cooked foods.

Dr. Ann Wigmore's Veggikraut: (women worldwide have been making this for centuries!)

For 4 (or 2 very nervous) hungry people:

Wash 2 purple and 1 green organic cabbages well and choose 4 outside leaves and reserve them for later

cut in convenient pieces and juice with the blank insert on so that the juice and pulp come out of the end in a Champion, or in an Acme, just mix the juice with the pulp.

Pack the pulpy juice into a ceramic crock and pack down, placing one layer
of leaves on top to keep the air out. She put the curly edges of the leaves curling up the sides of the crock, making a little bowl for a flat plate to sit on and be a base to push down and put a sun tea jar on top full of water or a huge rock (I use a ‘mano’ that early Virginia native Americans used for grinding corn).

Place the container on top of a hot water heater or touching it at the base, and cover with a cloth and leave it for 3 days. You will smell it as it makes.

When you take the plate off, you will find a purple/gray mold on top. You may discard this. Some people eat it too. Spoon down to a place where there is nothing but purplish kraut. Decant the kraut by spoonfuls into glass jars and cover the jars with little pieces of the torn cabbage leaves that were on top of the mash during the making.

This has all of the b-complex vitamins and sufficient B-12 for all you vegans so that you don't have to worry about adding supplements. You will find that it tastes salty. This is the developments of all of the wonderful natural chlorides: magnesium, potassium, as well as the normal sodium. If you wish to add more salt, and every mineral and trace mineral known to humans, add a little bit of rinsed dulse.

You may 'jazz' it up with soaked-for-4 hours-and-drained-for-4-hours sesame or dill seeds, etc. Do not put any spoon that has been in your mouth into the kraut as it will spoil it. This is the best natural anti-stress food that I know of.

Energy Soup has been instrumental in keeping me going for all hours of the day and night. Dr. Ann Wigmore taught it to me and fed me to keep me typing!

This easiest-to-digest totally-nourishing meal was perfect for Dr. Ann and I and for people who needed to regenerate their cells. Dr. Wigmore seemed to thrive on it and it put her in a space where she didn't need sleep anymore. I've watched people for nearly half a century now do amazing things with it as they healed themselves from many diseases, some chronic, others acute; some so-called terminal. I'll use it every day for the rest of my life.

Dr. Lerman, who used to be Chief of Medical Nutrition at Boston University Medical Center, took my blood and Dr. Ann’s, and told me that my blood was perfect. One doesn't have to worry about not having what you need when you eat this blessed stuff....

Read more in The Health Evolution:

==> [www.therawdiet.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables