Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Calcium has capacity to reduce copper toxicity, study shows
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 08, 2014 06:21AM

[www.naturalnews.com]

With all the attention on these forums that has been addressed towards copper toxicity and its relation to zinc, I thought some people might find this interesting. I think it's good news because it can potentially mean that eating something like sesame seeds (which have significantly more copper than zinc) might not be as 'copper toxic' due to very high levels of calcium.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Calcium has capacity to reduce copper toxicity, study shows
Date: January 08, 2014 06:45AM

That is interesting, but it is not going to solve the diet problems l have. Not being able to get any sesame has left a big hole and now my diet must be redone to fill the calcium and methionine gaps.

Only got one high calcium food, and that is sprouted chia (sesame and poppy are unavailable), but the phosphoprous is much higher so absorption will be limited. Then l am going to have to have the occasional brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds to keep methione levels up, but the phosphorous is high in those too.

This is a major problem that is going to take some deep thinking to be able to work out so l can balance the diet properly. As crazy as it sounds l have been investigating the effects of fermentation on gamma irradiated food to see if the various lactic acids and bacteria can be re-produced to bring some vibracy to the food, because there might not be much choice. Using almonds/nuts to get a proper balance is not going to work. Using greens is going to be a problem too because too much green would be needed to get the calcium balance up and that will open up othger problems with diet balance, and even if l got the levels up l would need to watch the excessive phosphorous levels which will limit calcium bioavailability from the food.

Big problems...don't know what to do. Fermented irradiated poppy/sesame may be the only way. Need to check it out much more.

Could be the end of a raw food career. May go down hill and eventually crash and burn. Had the diet very close to a perfect balance, but now it's a potential disaster without the sesame or poppy.

Will be calling customs and try to get sesame/poppy through customs by applying for various licences and paying hefty fees for special testing etc.

Date: January 08, 2014 07:37AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What about this new algae called hydrilla that I
> heard about... has a lot of calcium. I think close
> to 100% of daily requirements per serving.
>
> I tried it... made me feel really different after
> taking it.. and yes in a good way. Like it
> nourished me on a deep level.
>
> Though hopefully there are clean sources of it.
>
> Edit: actually its only over 60% calcium per
> serving but that's still really good.
>
> [www.thehealersstore.com]
> rticillata-green-superfood/
> [www.lotussuperfoods.com]
> ta-green-superfood-powder/

Wow Storm, that's a great find. Thankyou very much, l will check it out in great detail. I wonder how balanced the food is, and how much phosphorous.

You want to try some other algaes?...well check out these little nuggets. One of these algaes (Dunaliella or Haematococcus) is reported to be the most nutritious food ever discovered, more so than E3 live.

Evaluation of Microalgae for use as Nutraceuticals and Nutritional Supplements

West M. Bishop and Heidi M. Zubeck

[www.omicsonline.org]

A hundred years of Dunaliella research: 1905–2005

Aharon Oren

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

What is Dunaliella Salina ? + a source to buy it.
[blog.recoverye21.com]

Need to do some science research on quality control, + ask Kulvinskas for his opinion. Brian Clement takes 5 different forms of algae, so hopefully l can get his opinion too.

The potential problem is see with this high calcium algae is that all algaes l know of have a far higher phosphorous balance, but we'll check it out.

Thanks Storm.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 08, 2014 08:34AM

sproutman

<<Will be calling customs and try to get sesame/poppy through customs by applying for various licences and paying hefty fees for special testing etc>>

don't understand

since when do u need a license to eat a few sesame seeds?

Date: January 08, 2014 08:44AM

la_veronique Wrote:
> sproutman
>
> <>
>
> don't understand
>
> since when do u need a license to eat a few
> sesame seeds?

My country is very very strict with food. Sproutable sesame is IMPOSSIBLE to get (l am the only person in my country to have had sproutable sesame in years...never again). Sproutable poppy is impossible to get. Thse seeds are irradiated, and l started a thread a month ago to explain exactly why.

------------

Storm: that algae is looking really good. It seems to have almost 1,500 mg of calcium per 10 grams (said to be highest known source of any food discovered)_ and also has hyper-zinc levels to bring the copper/zinc balance easily into balance. Some conflicting reports out there with the nutritional profile and some reports of the plant accumulating toxic heavy metals, but not going to worry yet until more research has been done. The big question...how absorbable is it, and is it properly processed and clean?

Get back to this topic later, it's shaping up to be a beauty. smiling smiley Got many studies to read first.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: January 08, 2014 09:42AM

storm

<<What about this new algae called hydrilla that I heard about... has a lot of calcium. I think close to 100% of daily requirements per serving.

I tried it... made me feel really different after taking it.. and yes in a good way. Like it nourished me on a deep level.

Though hopefully there are clean sources of it.

Edit: actually its only over 60% calcium per serving but that's still really good.>>

i was wondering if u called the company or did research on its metal profile ( like... no toxic metals etc. ... purification/filter process?)

nutrient profile looks good
how long have u taken it
any other good health benefits u been noticing?

does it taste just like algae?

saw their other products
they look intriguingly exotic

i posted a thread on one of their other products (Ashitaba) to see if anyone else took it
it said it has high b-12 but not say how much DV so do u know anything about that as well?

thanks for the link to hydrilla/plus company

Date: January 08, 2014 10:15AM

i love my adrenals

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 08, 2014 12:11PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> > Will be calling customs and try to get
> sesame/poppy through customs by applying for
> various licences and paying hefty fees for special
> testing etc.

Vitacost to the rescue!
[www.vitacost.com]

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 08, 2014 03:56PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> What about this new algae called hydrilla that I
> heard about... has a lot of calcium. I think close
> to 100% of daily requirements per serving.
>
> I tried it... made me feel really different after
> taking it.. and yes in a good way. Like it
> nourished me on a deep level.
>
> Though hopefully there are clean sources of it.
>
> Edit: actually its only over 60% calcium per
> serving but that's still really good.
>
> [www.thehealersstore.com]
> rticillata-green-superfood/
> [www.lotussuperfoods.com]
> ta-green-superfood-powder/

This stuff looks amazing, might look into purchasing some. It's loaded with B12 too but I wonder if it's absorbable B12. Like Sproutarian said though, you have to wonder about the accumulation of toxic metals and if those toxic metals can be absorbed into your body. Some products have a certain PPM or PPB (parts per million/billion) in them but they aren't getting absorbed and get flushed out, so they wouldn't pose a risk. Fiber is key in this.

Date: January 08, 2014 04:33PM

so, what does the "purification" process in most lakes that harvest algae and whatnot

really entail?

like what is this purification process, really?

osmotic, UV? what?

oftentimes wondered about that

what were the before/after readings of this or that metal?

can't these things be grown artificially ( though not GE) just in artificial reservoirs etc.

Date: January 08, 2014 04:39PM

storm

<<Well I only bought one bag of it. I didn't get any bad feelings except maybe for calmness.. which isn't bad but who knows if it has anything to do with toxins or antinutrients.

It actually tasted more grassy than the other algaes... well like spirulina that has a sort of lake water taste.

Ive never heard of ashitaba... sounds too good to be true lol..>>

interesting notion yeah.. of calmness having to do with toxins ... well, enjoy the effects regardless as long as you are still able to make good decisions

the ashitaba is from this same company that u posted about hydrilla but i don't know if the b-12 is "good" so i posted a thread inquiring about it... people are lining up to answer that thread (sigh)

grassy taste... like spirulina? that's handleable

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables