Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what i like about americans....
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: January 08, 2014 06:30AM

i just heard this come out of someone's mouth:

" What I like about Americans is that they are very very positive."

from someone that was from England ( first time visiting)

It made me smile. and laugh and kind of feel a bit stunned... like... what?

HA HA! Its a good thing to say though about any people anywhere ... if its a good sentiment, who cares?

It made me laugh though cuz there is such a diversity but hey... if someone wants to stereotype Americans by saying they are very positive, it must mean that they are having a great time in the States smiling smiley

i think, in general, though.. that it is true

also, good sense of humor

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what i like about americans....
Posted by: littlemermaid ()
Date: January 08, 2014 03:46PM

I've lived in the U.S. for 13 years, and also traveled quite a bit. And I second that opinion - Americans are generally more positive. People in other countries smile far less and not as polite, again generalizing, of course. I also like how in this country due to immigrant diversity, people are more open-minded and respectful of differences. Probably depends on the location too, but that's been my experiences overall. smiling smiley

Date: January 08, 2014 04:48PM

i never thought about generalizing americans

its like the first time, my mind actually tried

i think its more like " whatever you look for, that's what you'll find"

so i was thinking more about what the guy said

and "looking" for evidence of it

then, it did seem like i saw more of that

but i could have just as easily gone the other way

but why ruin a good day?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 08, 2014 08:13PM

Well, it's a broadbrush but generally it's TRUE! It's all about cultures and how they are conditioned to interact with others. Some societies are rather dour. Not to say that all members are that way but I am always surprised that people get weirded out at saying things like that.

Date: January 08, 2014 08:30PM

By the way, shouldn't this be in the misc. forum, since it's not a raw foods issue?

Date: January 08, 2014 11:12PM

banana who

<< By the way, shouldn't this be in the misc. forum, since it's not a raw foods issue?>>

HAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! smiling smiley

YEs, It should, shouldn't it?

Date: January 08, 2014 11:22PM

storm

<<Well, IME I guess, I think Americans can be considered "generous".>>

in what way do you consider americans "generous"?

that's an interesting word especially when its in quotation marks LOLsmiling smiley

Date: January 09, 2014 01:22AM

i like americans cuz they laugh a lot ( always heard laughter when i'd go to a cafe or something) or anywhere for that matter...

maybe cuz there is a lot to laugh about in america

Date: January 09, 2014 01:56AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> banana who
>
> << By the way, shouldn't this be in the misc.
> forum, since it's not a raw foods issue?>>
>
> HAHAHAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! smiling smiley
>
> YEs, It should, shouldn't it?

I am a little hall monitor at heart...winking smiley

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 09, 2014 05:03AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i like americans cuz they laugh a lot ( always
> heard laughter when i'd go to a cafe or something)
> or anywhere for that matter...
>
> maybe cuz there is a lot to laugh about in
> america

Many people laugh at other people, gossip, or regurgitate what they saw on television. I live in America and can tell you that a lot of people are walking "zombies", stimulated on something, whether it's pharmaceutical drugs, cigarettes, recreational drugs, caffeine, etc. They walk around with their heads in their cell phones non-stop. Most people have absolutely no idea what's going on when it comes to politics, but they label themselves as republic or democrat and act like they do because of what they hear on the news. They're unaware that the system is corrupt, voting is irrelevant, and it's essentially "upper class people telling middle class people to blame poor people" so they don't realize they're being screwed over by the upper class. But it goes a lot deeper than that, however, sharing this information usually ends up being branded a conspiracy theorist or crazy. Many, if not most people have or will end up with some type of chronic disease or mental issue, including cancer, diabetes, obesity, depression, anxiety, heart disease, Alzheimer's, ADD/ADHD, etc.

I'm always amazed at how many people are so concerned about other individuals, whether it's being afraid of being judged or judging other people themselves. Ego is rampant. I mean it's literally like people are living in the matrix. Many people can't even realize when you're trying to help them... trying to save them.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2014 05:10AM by jtprindl.

Date: January 09, 2014 06:30AM

jtprindl

<<I'm always amazed at how many people are so concerned about other individuals, whether it's being afraid of being judged or judging other people themselves. Ego is rampant. I mean it's literally like people are living in the matrix. Many people can't even realize when you're trying to help them... trying to save them>>

that's an amazing phenomenon
indeed !

Date: January 09, 2014 07:03AM

jtprindl

<<Many people laugh at other people, gossip, or regurgitate what they saw on television. I live in America and can tell you that a lot of people are walking "zombies", stimulated on something, whether it's pharmaceutical drugs, cigarettes, recreational drugs, caffeine, etc.>>

and so many of them are into health and veganism and raw foods
they are always playing tennis, swimming and watching football too

everywhere you go in the States people are running jogging biking skiing ( if its snowing) snowboarding and
rollerblading

non stop

plus they like watching movies about extra terrestrials and extra terrestrials in metal suits and extra terrestrials that are taking over the world and flicks where the government and special forces combat the extra terrestrials and save the day
and hybrid human/extraterrestrials and the list goes on... its rampant
they love their marvel comics super heroes especially ( batman superman iron man wolverine x men)

they are very intrigued by aliens and anything alien related

as if they were preparing themselves for a wave of E.T. immigration

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables