Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

non vegan status quo dominance
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 02, 2014 05:10PM

[www.sparkpeople.com]

"In society, according to Doug, there is a dominance hierarchy. The higher in the hierarchy one goes the greater the mating opportunities. You can see that Doug truly is a psychologist. But his discussion of this actually made sense. So the problem about status is really about where someone feels they are on the hierarchy ladder. If I start doing something different that changes their perception of where they might fall on the hierarchy ladder, this is disturbing to them and they react in ways that present a challenge to our eating plan. If I start doing things "better, especially if it is not as "tasty" as I used to eat or as "tasty as societal norms, then I must be doing it for a superior reason, so I must think I am superior and the other person down a notch on the ladder. This upsets their "status."

Doug taught that there are 2 types of people that we will have to deal with:
1. People that don't know (anything about what you are doing and why), and
2. People who know why we are doing what we are doing. "

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables