Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Garden of Life
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 04, 2014 02:12AM

[www.naturalnews.com]

Natural News has confirmed, via three different laboratories, the presence of significant levels of the heavy metals tungsten, lead and cadmium in Garden of Life "better than organic" raw protein products. This has been confirmed across multiple lots of Garden of Life Original, Vanilla and Chocolate Cacao and Vanilla Spiced Chai. Tungsten has also been found and confirmed in Garden of Life "Raw Fit" products.

Of all the products we have tested at the Consumer Wellness Center laboratories, I have never seen any product with higher levels of tungsten, lead and cadmium. Garden of Life products we tested showed the highest levels of heavy metals that we've ever seen across all foods including junk foods, dairy products and fast food.

Learn more: [www.naturalnews.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Garden of Life
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 04, 2014 02:35AM

Sounds like it was the brown rice protein possibly from asia

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 04, 2014 04:50AM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sounds like it was the brown rice protein possibly
> from asia

Wouldn't it be nice if that were the only problem. It's not.

For those who still might be wondering why we might need supplements and super foods get a load of this...

[www.nal.usda.gov]

Date: February 04, 2014 03:17PM

SueZ Wrote:
> fresh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Sounds like it was the brown rice protein
> possibly
> > from asia
>
> Wouldn't it be nice if that were the only
> problem. It's not.
>
> For those who still might be wondering why we
> might need supplements and super foods get a load
> of this...
>
>
> [www.nal.usda.gov]
> rial-byproducts.html

No one interested in even reading this document on the use of industrial byproducts in agriculture I found?!

Well I'll continue reporting my findings just for the record because I think people should become aware of the incidentals of how our food is being grown in soils which have been turned into toxic industrial waste dumping grounds.

So... the toxin metal in the Garden of Life products that Mike Adams found which actually surprised me was the tungsten. So I tracked it down and found a very likely culprit, IMO.

My theory is that the tungsten cladding is being blasted off the fan blades by the fly ash in the thermal power stations where they produce this horrendous soil amendment we are probably legally being poisoned with.

[www.power-eng.com]

You've read it here first.

Date: February 04, 2014 04:39PM

SueZ Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > fresh Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Sounds like it was the brown rice protein
> > possibly
> > > from asia
> >
> > Wouldn't it be nice if that were the only
> > problem. It's not.
> >
> > For those who still might be wondering why
> we
> > might need supplements and super foods get a
> load
> > of this...
> >
> >
> >
> [www.nal.usda.gov]
>
> > rial-byproducts.html
>
> No one interested in even reading this document
> on the use of industrial byproducts in agriculture
> I found?!
>
>
> Well I'll continue reporting my findings just
> for the record because I think people should
> become aware of the incidentals of how our food is
> being grown in soils which have been turned into
> toxic industrial waste dumping grounds.
>
>
> So... the toxin metal in the Garden of Life
> products that Mike Adams found which actually
> surprised me was the tungsten. So I tracked it
> down and found a very likely culprit, IMO.
>
> My theory is that the tungsten cladding is
> being blasted off the fan blades by the fly ash in
> the thermal power stations where they produce this
> horrendous soil amendment we are probably legally
> being poisoned with.
>
>
>
> [www.power-eng.com]
> /issue-11/features/tungsten-carbide-extends-life-o
> f-id-fan-blades.html
>
>
> You've read it here first.

I just submitted my theory to Mike Adams at his lab.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 04, 2014 05:48PM

SueZ Wrote:

> No one interested in even reading this document
> on the use of industrial byproducts in agriculture
> I found?!

Yes, I found the document interesting - although I didn't read the whole thing, of course. Thanks for posting it.

> Well I'll continue reporting my findings just
> for the record because I think people should
> become aware of the incidentals of how our food is
> being grown in soils which have been turned into
> toxic industrial waste dumping grounds.
>
> So... the toxin metal in the Garden of Life
> products that Mike Adams found which actually
> surprised me was the tungsten. So I tracked it
> down and found a very likely culprit, IMO.
>
> My theory is that the tungsten cladding is
> being blasted off the fan blades by the fly ash in
> the thermal power stations where they produce this
> horrendous soil amendment we are probably legally
> being poisoned with.

Good job with the research and detective work and thanks for posting the article on fan blade tungsten. Sounds like a good theory to me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 05:51PM by KidRaw.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 04, 2014 05:57PM

There was a sale on this at Whole Foods and with their coupon it was only $15 for the big container. I was tempted but didn't get it. I am a bit skeptical about its value. I think I'd be better off adding some hemp hearts instead. All that crap combined in a powder probably isn't really all that nutritious.

Date: February 04, 2014 09:09PM

Thanks, Kidraw!

I'm still working on finding out if the coal fly ash from power plants is currently being used on the soil used to produce organic food in the US. I have found that is allowable in Canada and a company which manufactures it but their website seems just some kind of placemarker because it has no info at all there yet.

Here's what the link has to say on fly ash's use on rice and peanut crops...

(I hope Mike Adams tests peanuts for heavy metals. Maybe there is more to the story of the huge rise in people with peanut allergies in resent years than meets the eye.)

11. Alkaline coal fly ash amendments are recommended for improving rice-peanut crops.
Swain, D. K.; Rautaray, S. K.; and Ghosh, B. C.
Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica Section B, Plant Soil Science 57(3): 201-211. (2007)
NAL Call #: 11 Ac82 ; ISSN: 0906-4710
Descriptors: coal/ crop residues/ crop yield/ farmyard manure/ fly ash/ groundnut oil/ groundnuts/ kernels/ lateritic soils/ lime/ nitrogen fertilizers/ NPK fertilizers/ nutrient availability/ nutrient uptake/ organic amendments/ phosphorus/ phosphorus fertilizers/ plant nutrition/ potassium/ potassium fertilizers/ residual effects/ rice/ sandy loam soils/ sludges/ soil types genetic/ arachis oil/ FYM/ paddy/ peanut oil/ peanuts/ phosphate fertilizers/ potash fertilizers
Abstract: A field experiment investigating amendments of organic material including farmyard manure, paper factory sludge and crop residues combined with fly ash, lime and chemical fertilizer in a rice-peanut cropping system was conducted during 1997-98 and 1998-99 at the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, country-regionIndia. The soil was an acid lateritic (Halustaf) sandy loam. For rice, an Ntongue sticking out smiley:K level of 90:26.2:33.3 kg ha-1 was supplied through the organic materials and chemical fertilizer to all the treatments except control and fly ash alone. The required quantities of organic materials were added to supply 30 kg N ha-1 and the balance amount of N, P and K was supplied through chemical fertilizer. Amendment materials as per fertilization treatments were incorporated to individual plots 15 days before planting of rice during the rainy season. The residual effects were studied on the following peanut crop with application of Ntongue sticking out smiley:K at 30:26.2:33.3 kg ha-1 through chemical fertilizer alone in all treatments, apart from the control. An application of fly ash at 10 t ha-1 in combination with chemical fertilizer and organic materials increased the grain yield of rice by 11% compared to chemical fertilizer alone. The residual effect of both lime and fly ash applications combined with direct application of chemical fertilizer increased peanut yields by 30% and 24%, respectively, compared to chemical fertilizer alone. Treatments with fly ash or lime increased P and K uptake in both the crops and oil content in peanut kernel compared to those without the amendments. Alkaline coal fly ash proved to be a better amendment than lime for improving productivity of an acid lateritic soil and enriching the soil with P and K.
Reproduced with permission from the CAB Abstracts database.

Date: February 04, 2014 09:17PM

I have never used similes but sometimes they show up in my posts anyway - like in the one above this one in an entirely cut and pasted segment. I have no idea how or why the green heads sticking out their tongues got in there, lol, just to say here that I had nothing to do with it.

*** I just went back in that post and the missing stuff that the similes replaced are :p:. (That's colon small p colon just in case it replaces the :p again with a smiley, lol.)

*** Ha, now I get it. I'm pretty computer illiterate and so just noticed those symbols are an earlier version of a smiley sticking out it's tongue and the computer program must have decided to translate the past language to the new one for me without my permission.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 09:28PM by SueZ.

Date: February 04, 2014 10:48PM

Here's another study regarding using coal fly ash on rice paddies...

52. Characteristics of boron accumulation by fly ash application in paddy soil.
Lee SeulBi; Lee YongBok; Lee ChangHoon; Hong ChangOh; Kim PilJoo; and Yu Chan
Bioresource Technology 99(13): 5928-5932. (2008)
NAL Call #: TD930.A32 ; ISSN: 0960-8524
Descriptors: boron/ fly ash/ leaves/ paddy soils/ phytotoxicity/ rice / rice soils/ silicates/ soil amendments/ soil types/ paddy/ South Korea
Abstract: Fly ash has a high content of plant available silicate which is strongly needed for rice cultivation in Korea. One concern for plants grown on soils amended with fly ash is boron (cool smiley toxicity because most of the fresh fly ash contains considerable B. This study was conducted in paddy soil to determine B uptake by rice and characteristics of B accumulation in soil after fly ash application (0, 40, 80, and 120 Mg fly ash ha-1). In all fly ash treatments, B content in rice leaves and available B in soil at all growing stage were higher than those of control, but were not exceeded a toxicity levels. Boron occluded in amorphous Fe and Al oxides comprised ca. 20-39% of total B and was not affected by fly ash application. Most of the B was accumulated by fly ash application as a residual B which is plant-unavailable form, comprised >60% of the total B in soil. Thus, fly ash can be a good soil amendment for rice production without B toxicity.
Reproduced with permission from the CAB Abstracts database.

Incredible, isn't it, that the following conclusion can be drawn from such scanty evidence and myopic and tunnel vision exhibited in the above study?

". Thus, fly ash can be a good soil amendment for rice production without B toxicity."

OK, the smiley that showed up this time replaced the text's B.

This auto smiley insertion business is getting old real fast. Does anyone know how to turn off that function? Thanks/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2014 10:54PM by SueZ.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 05, 2014 02:25AM

I like the little guys sticking out their tongues - they're cute!

Date: February 05, 2014 02:33AM

tongue sticking out smiley: Ha! Now that we know how to make them they may come in handy around here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2014 02:34AM by SueZ.

Date: February 05, 2014 02:58AM

Interesting that there is no mention at Wikipedia about fly ash being used on farmland soils isn't it?

[en.wikipedia.org]

But look where else it's ugly self shows up - cosmetics, toothpaste, kitchen counter tops why sure what an effing good idea!...

"Other applications include cosmetics, toothpaste, kitchen counter tops, floor and ceiling tiles, bowling balls, flotation devices, stucco, utensils, tool handles, picture frames, auto bodies and boat hulls, cellular concrete, geopolymers, roofing tiles, roofing granules, decking, fireplace mantles, cinder block, PVC pipe, Structural Insulated Panels, house siding and trim, running tracks, blasting grit, recycled plastic lumber, utility poles and crossarms, railway sleepers, highway sound barriers, marine pilings, doors, window frames, scaffolding, sign posts, crypts, columns, railroad ties, vinyl flooring, paving stones, shower stalls, garage doors, park benches, landscape timbers, planters, pallet blocks, molding, mail boxes, artificial reef, binding agent, paints and undercoatings, metal castings, and filler in wood and plastic products"

Oh, these little things?...

"Toxic constituents depend upon the specific coal bed makeup, but may include one or more of the following elements or substances in quantities from trace amounts to several percent: arsenic, beryllium, boron, cadmium, chromium, hexavalent chromium, cobalt, lead, manganese, mercury, molybdenum, selenium, strontium, thallium, and vanadium, along with dioxins and PAH compounds.[1][2]"

Don't worry about that big Ag/gov because who will ever know? And besides of course you've covered your shameless self with this to complete the circle jerk...

"In 2000, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) said that coal fly ash did not need to be regulated as a hazardous waste.[42] Studies by the U.S. Geological Survey and others of radioactive elements in coal ash have concluded that fly ash compares with common soils or rocks and should not be the source of alarm.[41]"

Date: February 05, 2014 05:41AM

I should probably start a new thread as there is much info to come out on this troubling situation and who's going to read a thread with such a lame title? Needs a better one, that's for sure, but I don't think anyone is going to bother to change it since the original poster just did a talking head fly by with it and vanished.

Date: February 06, 2014 04:48PM

For me there have been a lot of question marks hanging over Mike Adams' head but I'm a patient person and have been giving him the benefit of the doubt for quite some time.

Now this new article, which he replaced the original one on the story with, has raised quite a few red flags. It really has a stink to it...

[www.naturalnews.com]

Posted by: ramanan ()
Date: February 07, 2014 04:49PM

Was any test performed on Sun Warrior Protein powder?

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 07, 2014 09:04PM

curious

the original article was taken down

completely gone

hmmm...

makes you wonder

Date: February 07, 2014 09:24PM

Here is the original article that a poster , "Antonio", captured and reposted in the naturalnews comment section...

[labs.naturalnews.com]

Date: February 07, 2014 11:25PM

It seems there are a lot of posters on Mike Adams' site who record his info before he has a chance to remove it.

The test results shot...

[a.disquscdn.com]

Date: February 07, 2014 11:53PM

SueZ Wrote:
> Here is the original article that a poster ,
> "Antonio", captured and reposted in the
> naturalnews comment section...
>
> [labs.naturalnews.com]

I don't know I missed this little detail the first time I read this document but it's horrifying in the implications.
"Organic certification does not test products for heavy metals, and there are no heavy metal limits established by the USDA"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 12:04AM by SueZ.

Date: February 07, 2014 11:53PM

edit double posted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2014 12:03AM by SueZ.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables