Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

RAW FOOD -FOOD STORAGE
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: February 12, 2014 05:29PM

Alot of people are storing food, just in case, a three months supply.

as a raw vegan you can hoard dried fruits, like prunes, buckets of grain to sprout, fruit leathers, and I would go as far to say canned greens for emergencies or for your family. Kale chips wont last one hour. You wont be able to live on grass more than a few weeks, and a water fast one month. Healthy foods like vegan drink mixes. Dried carrots. Maybe make a vat of kombucha and rejuvelac for pennies. You may cringe at that, but when there is nothing else you will be grateful. You have to be smart, just in case we have issues with weather, politics etc. They are fighting over food in Georgia right now. Supermarkets all empty. Best is NUTS!!!

What do you think we as raw vegans need to prepare for, and if we dont what are options if all food markets are empty. What would you do. Besides fast.

WE CAN HAVE A ROAD WARRIOR TYPE GANG if we stick together. I want to be Tina Turner.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 05:42PM by coconutcream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: RAW FOOD -FOOD STORAGE
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 12, 2014 06:55PM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Alot of people are storing food, just in case, a
> three months supply.
>
> as a raw vegan you can hoard dried fruits, like
> prunes, buckets of grain to sprout, fruit
> leathers, and I would go as far to say canned
> greens for emergencies or for your family. Kale
> chips wont last one hour. You wont be able to live
> on grass more than a few weeks, and a water fast
> one month. Healthy foods like vegan drink mixes.
> Dried carrots. Maybe make a vat of kombucha and
> rejuvelac for pennies. You may cringe at that, but
> when there is nothing else you will be grateful.
> You have to be smart, just in case we have issues
> with weather, politics etc. They are fighting over
> food in Georgia right now. Supermarkets all empty.
> Best is NUTS!!!
>
> What do you think we as raw vegans need to prepare
> for, and if we dont what are options if all food
> markets are empty. What would you do. Besides
> fast.
>
> WE CAN HAVE A ROAD WARRIOR TYPE GANG if we stick
> together. I want to be Tina Turner.

Homegrown sprouts. Why are supermarkets empty in Georgia? People should stop being lazy and learn to grow their own food. Kind of sad how the majority of the population would starve to death if grocery stores weren't available.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 13, 2014 02:50AM

coconutcream Wrote:

> What do you think we as raw vegans need to prepare
> for,

Like everybody else, leaving to the southern hemisphere. So we need passports and cash.

and if we dont what are options if all food
> markets are empty. What would you do. Besides
> fast.

Aren't you a little late with this question? You need pre Fukushima crops stashed for long term use.

> WE CAN HAVE A ROAD WARRIOR TYPE GANG if we stick
> together.

The raw vegan community will never stick together.

I want to be Tina Turner.

I want to be Mrs. Smith. Get thee self to the range and practice, practice, practice.

Date: February 18, 2014 07:03PM

VICTORIA BOUTENKO TELLING PEOPLE TO STOCK UP- HER COUNTRY COLLAPSED

In 1986-1997 my family survived the collapse of the Soviet economy. I recall how my mother told me to stock up on food, which I never did. I replied to her that the Soviet economy was strong and didn’t have any crisis for 70 years. One time when my mother visited us, she bought a large box of yellow split peas and hid it in my apartment.

Then in January 1987 food began to disappear. First, it became very expensive and there were long lines at each store, and then the food vanished completely.

All the stores were closed and they each had a note on the door that read: “Closed indefinitely.” I recall how scared people were. I had to feed my three children. My oldest son Stephan, was thirteen. Sergei was two, and Valya was one. The morning came when we had no food. Igor ran around our entire town and didn’t find any stores that were open.

At that time my mother called and told me about the split peas. For one whole month my family of five survived on those split peas, which I boiled until they became soft and fed my family. We ate them without any salt or oil, as we didn’t have any. Though we quickly grew tired of the same food that we consumed day after day, it saved us during that long month of scarcity. Shortly thereafter, some stores were re-opened and we were able to buy food again.

Based on these memories, I try to keep a small stock of food on hand in case anything were to happen that would prevent me from being able to purchase food from the grocery store. Here is an example of what I currently store.

Both lentils and buckwheat can be consumed in two forms – as sprouts and as a cooked dish. We packaged all of these foods into half-gallon glass jars, and I expect them to last at least two years in our well-isolated storage.

Date: February 18, 2014 07:04PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 07:06PM by coconutcream.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 18, 2014 11:10PM

so everything is going to collapse?

the only thing that is going to collapse is security

then the only thing that needs to collapse after that
is

fear

then,

nothing can ever collapse

ever again

Date: February 18, 2014 11:16PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2014 11:17PM by la_veronique.

Date: February 18, 2014 11:19PM

which one?

did you get it?

where did u hear it

i heard it

it came from a field

not too far

don't look

don' tturn around

just close yoru eyes

and it will brush your shoulders

then u will come to

know

by

feel

Date: February 21, 2014 07:23PM

I read 12 million Americans died from starvation during the depression. 7 mill in the cities themselves.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 21, 2014 07:29PM

This is another great thing about sprouting. Yeah, the phytochemicals, enzymes, oxygen, hormones, and vast amounts of nutrients are awesome and all, but if and when there's a world food shortage and the masses are panicking because they have no idea what to do, people who sprout won't really be affected. Everyone will be fighting for the low-quality remains of what's left in stores while sprouters will be sitting peacefully at home like nothing's even happening.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 21, 2014 08:16PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> This is another great thing about sprouting. Yeah,
> the phytochemicals, enzymes, oxygen, hormones, and
> vast amounts of nutrients are awesome and all, but
> if and when there's a world food shortage and the
> masses are panicking because they have no idea
> what to do, people who sprout won't really be
> affected. Everyone will be fighting for the
> low-quality remains of what's left in stores while
> sprouters will be sitting peacefully at home like
> nothing's even happening.

If/when most of the millions of people who are being kept "sane" are cut off from their meds and the millions of people on public aide are cut off from that, it's true they probably are not going to be interested in your sprouts but they will want your seed stash to cook and eat - and probably their "long pig" which is you.

Date: March 07, 2014 11:34AM

Russia is threatening to not take american dollars and now I hear China is saying they will stop too. Just threats. All this money is fake anyways. The people who founded bitcoin, this woman wound up dead, millions stolen, so we have to rely on this fake paper money now. How long can this last? This freaky healthcare thing coming, the government will be in charge of your health yeah right, they will steal the money.

I think goji berries in bulk good investment. For three months supply. Just in case, when the stores are all closed, where you going to get food?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables