Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Breakfast cereal.
Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: April 30, 2009 01:01PM

Hello everyone! Does anyone use breakfast cereal? I stopped at christmas when I started this diet but picked up an organic bag of museli without sugar or wheat that caught my eye today in an organic shop.I gave up dairy products when starting this so will have to use soya milk which I'm not gone on but was just wondering do Raw Fooders use breakfast cereal or is it classed as non-raw?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2009 01:02PM by ROIRRAW.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Breakfast cereal.
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 30, 2009 02:14PM

funny, I just tried something different this morning and had some 'cereal'. I had some raw oat groats that I soaked overnight, mixed them with some nuts and seeds, then for the 'milk' I blended orange juice, a banana and some of the oats. It was good! different from my usual juice or smoothie. Very energising, has filled me up for hours! Not the best food combining though smiling smiley

I guess you could try blending up some quinoa or hemp sprouts with water if you wanted a more 'milky milk', or nut milk etc...

Re: Breakfast cereal.
Posted by: RawSun ()
Date: April 30, 2009 03:21PM

I use raw oat groats... you can have them as is, or soak them with different things for flavorings and even food process to make more like porridge. I often just have the oats as is, with a little stevia for sweetening and with almond milk (super easy to make by blending water, almond butter and your sweetener of choice (agave, maple syrup, stevia, and vanilla if you like).

Sunflower
Raw Food Chef and Writer
Comfortably Raw
[www.comfortablyraw.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables