Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw community and cannabis
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 11, 2014 03:40AM

Has anyone ever thought about growing organic cannabis and juicing the leaves? From my knowledge, they are one of the most nutritious and healing foods on the planet. Probably even moreso than sprouts, fruit, and grass. Of course this is one of the many reasons it's illegal, the "powers that be" didn't want people knowing they can cure and prevent chronic disease with a herb, big pharma would take a huge hit to the wallet. Even when it's smoked and therefore the medicinal qualities are significantly reduced, it still has therapeutic effects. On a side note, raw food leaders Brian Clement and Viktoras Kulvinskas both used to smoke cannabis everyday and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if David Wolfe used too, either.

[www.naturalnews.com]
[www.medicaljane.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2014 03:42AM by jtprindl.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw community and cannabis
Date: March 11, 2014 06:38PM

And eventhough cannabis may stimulate cognitive functioning at the time, it also causes loss of cognitive functioning the next day through some form of burnout that can last a few days.

From a spiritual point of view cannabis and certain mushrooms can bring on short term enlightenment, but this is not so good because we must learn how to achieve this enlightenment under our own power and not rely on plants to do it for us.

For jtprindl's interest, I do believe that DW still likes an occasional smoke of cannabis. He comes across as that type of fun loving guy who likes to let his hair down occasionally. And a friend tells me that Dr Jubb said on a radio show that he likes to smoke some occasionally too. In Fred P's book he talks about the raw food chef Juliano enjoying LSD use, and sleeping on the kitchen table while intensely loud death metal is playing. winking smiley Certainly not the best things to be doing, but human beings are prone to not always doing optimal things for their health.

I think hemp seed sprouts would be the ideal way to consume the food. Also, 6 tablespoons of dried poppy seeds can have a funny old effect on the brain too, but soaking the poppy greatly reduces those effects, and sprouting them would be very good too.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2014 06:45PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 11, 2014 06:46PM

"I wouldn't mind juicing raw cannabis to see what it was like, i have heard there is no high from juicing it, but i don't believe that. Even eating raw weed produces a high, especially if mixed with fat, being that THC is a fat soluble compound."

That's because the buds contain THC whereas the leaves, from my knowledge, do not. Smoking marijuana definitely has many drawbacks but juicing the leaves is very therapeutic. The natural high you get from the juice is probably better than the high you'd get from smoking it.

"From a spiritual point of view cannabis and certain mushrooms can bring on short term enlightenment, but this is not so good because we must learn how to achieve this enlightenment under our own power and not rely on plants to do it for us."

I've heard that smoking marijuana can enlighten you to a certain stage but after you reach that stage it hinders you from advancing any further. For example, on a scale of 1-10 of spiritual awareness, it could take you from 1 to 4 but once you get to 4, if you keep smoking, you can't go any further.

"For jtprindl's interest, I do believe that DW still likes an occasional smoke of cannabis."

I don't think I would ever want to smoke it again, but I really don't see the problem in vaporizing organically grown cannabis once in a great while.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 11, 2014 07:13PM

"For jtprindl's interest, I do believe that DW still likes an occasional smoke of cannabis."

LOL--Does that explain his penchant for serapes and naming himself Avocado? winking smiley

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:51PM

Marijuana has caused severe debilitating anxiety for me in the past. I abstain!

Date: March 11, 2014 11:54PM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marijuana has caused severe debilitating anxiety
> for me in the past. I abstain!

It has the exact opposite effect on many people but I don't have much interest in the medicinal effects of marijuana when smoked, I'm interested in the therapeutic effects of juicing raw cannabis leaves, which would actually be very good for your nervous system.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 12, 2014 12:22AM

I agree, people are shocked when I tell them the effects it has.

Date: March 12, 2014 01:04AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> I agree, people are shocked when I tell them the
> effects it has.

When smoking it would also depend on the strain. I would think high CBD and low THC strains would help most with anxiety but high THC strains could make some people have anxiety attacks and paranoia. Your surroundings could also have an impact.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: March 12, 2014 03:05AM

Its the industry I am in, but I can't talk about it. I made my promises. Its amazing. Its incredible.

Date: March 13, 2014 02:53AM

coconutcream Wrote:
> Its the industry I am in, but I can't talk about
> it. I made my promises. Its amazing. Its
> incredible.

Let me get some organic cannabis seeds smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables