Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw diet and insomnia
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2006 04:19AM

Hello,

Does anyone know how raw diet can help somebody with sleeping problems?

Your ideas and suggestions are really appreciated!!!

emb

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw diet and insomnia
Date: July 25, 2006 08:40AM

In my experience it can't.

Diet may be one aspect of a larger whole though.

Personally, I have become fascinated by insomnia and thank allah everyday that none of my "quick fix" ideas to solve it helped. I've come up with over two dozen reasons why I tend to gravitate towards insomnia. My solutions are there to but it will take time to impliment them. That's ok though, time I have.

Anyway, we're all different but maybe there's a personal issue you are thinking about at it. If so, maybe if you found a solution to it your insomnia would naturally disipate

Anyway, good luck and don't drink coffee. smiling smiley

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 25, 2006 10:44AM

Listen to Narz! smiling smiley He knows what he's talking about!

-The common steps are good ones:

1) Eat simpler
2) Get good exercise during the day sometime
3) Think positive thoughts
4) Get in bed earlier and just 'rest' if not sleep.
5) Avoid stimulating caffeine, nicotine, or other medications
6) Avoid processed and stimulating sugars, salt, foods and irritating chemicals.
7) Pursue your dreams and passions with small goals every day
8) Understand how YOU want to be loved - and tell other people. Don't keep it a secret.
9) Don't eat after nightfall - so that you are sleeping on a clean system.

-Is there something in you you do not think is ok? Is it wrong not to feel like sleeping? Is there something you are obsessing about? Don't you think you'll sleep eventually? Why pressure yourself?

-Certainly the raw food diet would be the least stimulating and the most condusive to good sleep.

-Just some thoughts.

-What do you think?

-David Mason

Date: July 25, 2006 12:32PM

Thank you guys, very helpful thoughts indeed!

I asked about a friend of mine who hasn't been able to sleep much for years...I don't want him to start taking sleeping pills, even those "natural" medications that supposedly help with sleeping problems. He's not into caffeine, smoking or other bad habits, so I'm sure it's mainly stress related and a lot more psychologically grounded than we both think. Anyway, I will do my best to help him with his diet and see what happens. He is a wonderful man and a very special friend to me and I wish he could just rest at night and be at peace about things (don't we all?).

Elaine (emb)

p.s. I just joined yesterday and am impressed with the great information and helpful people on this forum!!! Keep up the wonderful work!!! :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables