Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"When l am at home.... l don't put inferior vegetables into my green drinks" + "vegetables are dramatically inferior compared to a sprout" - Brian Clement.
Date: March 12, 2014 05:31AM

This is an excellent video that l have watched a few times over the last year or two. Brian says those words in the last 45 seconds of the video from 42:03 - 42:47.

[www.youtube.com]

HHI only promote veggies because they are a softcore food and easier for beginners of the raw diet to tolerate. When you get serious you ditch the party foods (veggies) and take on the real game, the strong sprout juices.

Got to agree with Brian too...vegetables are greatly inferior because the effect from the sprouted greens is much more powerful. Loaded with phyto-chemicals, phyto-hormones, minerals, vitamins, enzymes and all the top goodies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "When l am at home.... l don't put inferior vegetables into my green drinks" + "vegetables are dramatically inferior compared to a sprout" - Brian Clement.
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 12, 2014 04:03PM

"Im of a different opinion, i can't say i agree with him removing a whole food group based on another being supposedly better, especially one as healthy as vegetables, it is very similar to Doug Grahams advice except in this case its sprouts over fruit."

It's not really removing the group, it's eating them at their most nutritious and powerful state, which is when they're sprouts.

"especially when they have many proven health promoting phyto-chemicals that sprouts don't have."

Like what?

"Its not always about the nutrient density of a food either, but the unique colors and resulting anti-oxidant phyto-chemicals these foods contain, often unique to a particular food or vegetable. A diet that contains a few servings of carrots, onion, garlic, dark leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables and other vegetables may offer significantly more health protection than one that doesn't.

All of these can be eaten as sprouts smiling smiley Garlic and onions have a lot of beneficial properties but they also contain "sulphone hydroxyl ions" which are supposedly poisonous to the brain.

It's important to be balanced but I think sprouts can definitely replace veggies since most or all (I think) veggies can be eaten as sprouts. I wouldn't be too concerned about any toxins in sprouts as long as you are rotating the sprouts you're consuming.

Re: "When l am at home.... l don't put inferior vegetables into my green drinks" + "vegetables are dramatically inferior compared to a sprout" - Brian Clement.
Date: March 12, 2014 05:05PM

"We know from reliable studies that consuming carrots several times a week comes with significant reduction in cardiovascular disease and certain cancers such as those of the stomach. Just because you are getting more nutrients via sprouts doesn't mean you are getting the same level of protection as with eating a varied diet."

Eating mostly sprouts doesn't mean that the diet isn't varied because there are hundreds of different types of sprouts. So while they all may be sprouts, the diet is far from limited. Vegetables have significant health benefits but those benefits and protective effects are typically greatly enhanced when consumed as a sprout. For example, carrot sprout green leaves are highly nutritious. Personally, I wouldn't be limited to 15% MAX fruit like Brian Clement suggests, but sprout and grass juices are still going to be a major staple of my diet, beginning in the near future.

"That is just carrots, onions and garlic are some of the richest plant sources of digestive supportive prebiotic fibers such as inulin, what sprouts contain similar quantities of these prebiotic fibers?"

Not sure, maybe TSM would know. However, protection against cancers is most definitely something NOT lacking in sprouts. I found this regarding inulin, though:

[www.nutritionaction.com]

“Of all the fibers added to foods, inulin is the one that probably causes the most intestinal gas,” says fiber expert Joanne Slavin, professor of nutrition at the University of Minnesota. “Inulin contains sugars that our digestive enzymes can’t break down.”

"Same goes for other foods, spices such as turmeric, tea(white, green, rooibos), fruits such as blueberries, all of these foods offer significant protection."

I agree, turmeric, many teas, and many fruits offer unique significant health benefits.

Date: March 12, 2014 08:42PM

There were over 5,000 different discovered phytochemicals by 2003, and imo there are likely numerous different ones that play similar roles in various food groups. Many phytochemicals play various roles in cancer, so l don't think eliminating various food groups is going to matter if the diet is done well and is nutritious, + if you keep the body clean and avoid the common diseases like cancer, diabetes and heart disease and malnourishment l don't think it's a problem.

The issue of colours is an interesting one. I do buy into the colour theory, and food must be eaten raw to benefit from the colours imo. What happens if we neglect orange foods? What about pink foods? Sproutarians can get nearly all the colours, but orange is a hard one to come by, but then again, once a year l can always have some apricots.

We are all dealing with hybrid foods these days with few exceptions. Many raw vegans neglect sprouted grains and legumes because of the dubious standing of those foods, but l find those to be very beneficial in my diet. People neglect the grains and legumes and l neglect the fruit and vegetables...is it such a bad thing?...l am not so sure that it is. I think if you eat fresh, get a wide variety of colours and have good nutrient levels and have a good vibration and attitude, l think the body is capable of doing well in those conditions.

Those sprouted beans and grains are like a treasure trove of nutrients, and if you manage to unlock the good stuff and minimise any potential problems you can greatly benefit from those foods. Dr Brian says that sprouted grains are by far the highest source of phytochemicals. I certainly haven't found any evidence of that in the literature, but l have taken note of it and contionue to look. Kulvinskas raves about sprouted grains being one of the greatest things ever. I think they are fantastic too, but you need to be careful and take digestive enzymes and probiotics or heavily ferment them for 3 days to remove various rogue elements present in those foods so we can digest them safely. And if you are having sprouted beans and grains it is essential to be having the chlorella and brown algaes regularly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 08:50PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 12, 2014 08:48PM

+ when you do meditation you can harness many colours. I think that is very important too.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 12, 2014 08:51PM

But sprouted grains and beans remain still indigestible.
The options left are to cook them or ferment them but cooking and fermentation have their limits.

So the choice is between eating fruits and lettuces that are easily digestible but less nutritious and sprouted grains and beans with higher nutrients but put a burden on your digestive system.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2014 08:54PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: March 12, 2014 11:59PM

Power lifter, 80-10-10 is all about eating vegetables, it just that some vegetable are not edible raw. Also, if one is eating tons of vegetable, it never amounts to many calories, as the bulk veggies is water and fiber, which don't contribute to the calorie equation.

Date: March 13, 2014 01:25AM

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

Prana, l have been meaning to ask, what type of sprouting seeds do you have at home?

Date: March 13, 2014 09:36AM

Kulvinskas speaks about how a friend has lived on nothing but wheatgrass sprouts and wheatgrass for the last 60 years (one of his very best talks). He talks about some pretty crazy stuff here...people living on soaked legumes etc. All extreme diets. I've also heard a spiritual master talking about a man living on nothing but chickpeas and sesame seeds.

3/6.Viktoras Kulvinskas at Happy Oasis event
[www.youtube.com]

In part 2 he talks about saving the seed and the harm caused by not saving it wisely.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 13, 2014 02:49PM

>I rarely see 80/10/10ers eating or recommending root vegetables such as carrots, cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli and cauliflower, cabbage, onions, garlic, asparagus, green beans, brussel sprouts, sweet corn, aubergine, leeks, mushrooms, olives, winter squash, pumpkins and so on.

you're right. and for good reason.

>The foods which many studies are showing to offer significant health protection against various diseases.

because no protection is needed.
either one is properly nourished or not.
where is the variety in the koala diet, the fruit bat diet,
the snail diet, the squirrel diet

>What i was meaning by comparison is that the majority of intake on 80/10/10 is based around fruit, just like with the sproutarian diet the majority of the diet is based around sprouts. I feel both of these diets are restrictive to the point they miss out on the proven health protection offered by various other foods.

food is for fuel and nutrients. not protection.

>I wasn't recommending to over-consume vegetables either or to base your diet around them, everything within balance of course. Just that there are so many other vegetables with proven significant health protection, that not including or rotating these foods in the diet, you are likely missing out on the various health benefits they have to offer.

or maybe not.

when one bases one's philosophy on benefits and protection, one tends to ignore more important factors such as taste, digestibility, antinutrients, etc

not that this reality will alter your view or anything.

Date: March 13, 2014 02:58PM

"food is for fuel and nutrients. not protection."

Nutrients are protection.

Date: March 13, 2014 03:02PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> "food is for fuel and nutrients. not protection."
>
> Nutrients are protection.

FOCUSING on nutrients as "protection" is a mistake, in my view, NOT YOUR VIEW, as

"one tends to ignore more important factors such as taste, digestibility, antinutrients" caloric sufficiency, hydration, etc

of course nutrients play a role in health, we are not breatharians.

Date: March 13, 2014 03:11PM

fresh Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "food is for fuel and nutrients. not
> protection."
> >
> > Nutrients are protection.
>
>
> FOCUSING on nutrients as "protection" is a
> mistake, in my view, NOT YOUR VIEW, as
>
> "one tends to ignore more important factors such
> as taste, digestibility, antinutrients" caloric
> sufficiency, hydration, etc
>
> of course nutrients play a role in health, we are
> not breatharians.

Nutrients play many roles, protection is just one of them.

Date: March 13, 2014 08:12PM

Powerlifter:

The sproutarian diet is one of the most varied diets, it covers pretty much every food group.

- nut sprouts (nuts with tails)
- legume sprouts (beans with tails/lentils with tails)
- grain sprouts (grains with tails)
- vegetable sprouts (celery/broccoli etc)
- seed sprouts (seeds with tails)
- grasses/weeds
- seaweeds
- algaes
- fruit sprouts (buckwheat?)

They might be sprouts, but they come from all different food types. Not all sprouts turn into a green, many are just a seed with a tail, so they still have the character of the original food but are enhanced versions.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 13, 2014 08:56PM

if you want to be a sproutarian

prepare to be a full time gardener

smiling smiley

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 13, 2014 09:11PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> Im no fan of high sugar diets as you know but low
> carb diets i also found very problematic.
>

Powerlifter, what problem did you run into while on a low carb diets?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2014 11:58PM by Prana.

Date: March 13, 2014 09:58PM

>>The only other diet i have felt worried for my health on was a 100% raw fruitarian/80/10/10 style diet. I also felt terrible like i was away to die eating this way, my body did not like the large amount of potassium rich fruits and lack of sodium by comparison whilst suffering from severe adrenal fatigue, these people usually have disturbed sodium/potassium balance due to lowered levels of an adrenal hormone called aldosterone. Lots of weird palpitations, shortness of breath, plus all the sugar was messing with my blood sugar levels and crashing my adrenals.

I have already explained to you some of the issues causing your dietary troubles on that diet. but I know we don't want to examine ourselves - easier to blame the diet.

>Are you suggesting these foods are bad for health then and if so why ?

A food is something that is determined by many aspects.
The primary aspect to determine a food is not whether you think it is "protective"
Some of aspects to use are ability to acquire, chew, desirable taste (and I find many non fruits desirable), properly digested, and others. These things do not require science or studies or thinking.
They are evolutionary adaptations without which animals could not have thrived.

Certainly humanoids have eaten potatoes or meats or grains in history which were not optimal, they were for survival. But with the variety that we have, we do not need to do with less than the best that our senses determine is proper.

Are the foods BAD for health? Of course they are bad for health if they violate the aspects I mentioned, they are highly likely to be bad for health in minor or major ways, as we use our senses to determine proper food, not our Brains or Studies. Picking out individual aspects of onions for example, because it has X effect is insanity to me. it's by definition not wholistic and subject to massive errors and blindness.

Others like yourself prefer a different way.
Fine by me. I merely point out my view from time to time, because I am glad that others have done the same for me.

Date: March 13, 2014 10:09PM

powerlifter Wrote:

>
> The majority of these foods are still sprouts
> though like you say, i still feel it is
> restrictive and could benefit from the inclusion
> of other food groups to aid nutritional balance
> and variety.

I am not seeing it like that at all. Doesn't matter, we both have our view points on this.

>a sprout based diet is just too
> low in energy i feel for sprouts to be a staple
> food or to be worth removing other healthy food
> groups which provide nutritional value.

The grain sprouts, nuts, seed sprouts and lentil sprouts are our calorie boosters. We will never get over 2,000 calories (unless we eat three meals per day), but we don't need to because the matrix (structure) of the seeds is broken down saving the body spending calories in complex digestion. When we break down the matrix we "increase the bioavailability of the bioactive compounds". Fahey et al 1997

Basically, when we sprout, add increased bacteria into the body via ferments/probiotics and use exogenous enzymes we break open the matrix of highly nutritious foods, we are able to utilise those high nutrient levels easily, and using oxogenous enzymes also helps break down the plant fibers (cellulase etc) and increased bacteria levels does this also....massive advantage over mature plant foods. Much less digestive effort and a saving of energy. We don't need to eat a lot to put on muscle and sustain ourselves because all the key nutrients are there in high bioavailable quantities.

> What do you think about Dr Wilsons and other
> health educators view that high consumption of raw
> sprouts is toxic out of interest ?.

They are correct, but we can take precautions. We use ferments and probiotics to break things like cyanide and various anti nutrients down. We use chlorella and brown seaweeds to either break down various toxic components or carry them out of the body. We also fast and use distilled water. We also rotate foods to minimise harm.

> The sproutarian diet does contain a much wider
> variety of foods than many other typical raw diets
> i do agree there. But it is restrictive in other
> ways by eliminating food groups such as fruit,
> vegetables, nuts, seeds, herbs,

I am not seeing it as eliminating those food groups.

> I could imagine it would be quite difficult to get
> enough calories on an all sproutarian diet
> considering most of the staple foods are fairly
> low calorie and low carbohydrate if im correct ?.

Calories is not a mathmatical equation, many things can change calorie needs. Large amounts of calories are used in digestion, so the use of ferments, probiotics and enzymes can help reduce calories needs (see comment a few above). A slower heart beat and internal bodt working frees up calories. A raw sproutarian diet doesn't need the high calorie diet of SAD...we have lots of nutrition, increased bioavailability of nutrients, breaking down of the matrix structure etc.

It's high carbs when sprouted grains are included. My evening meals are always high carb meals and provide very high constant energy.

> Im no fan of high sugar diets as you know but low
> carb diets i also found very problematic.

I have been experimenting lately and have found that increasing my carbs is even better. I've been using more sprouted grains than ever now and can get my calories up 1,700 per day. It's a big meal in the evening, but l am not stuffing myself.

I am always experimenting and l am finding that increasing carbs does seem to work best. I've always felt good on the sprouted diet, but increased grains have given me a unique energy that is even better. The sprouted seeds give me a good energy, but the grains give me a strong energy where l feel like l could run a marathon (don't know if that makes any sense).

We can make this diet work well. The energy is there and you are not going to starve and turn into skin and bones.

Date: March 13, 2014 10:21PM

powerlifter Wrote:
> SueZ Wrote:
> -----
> > powerlifter Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Im no fan of high sugar diets as you know
> but
> > low
> > > carb diets i also found very problematic.
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Powerlifter, what problem did you run into
> while
> > on a low carb diets?
>
> The worst problem was the complete lack of energy
> and in particular lack of muscular energy on a low
> carb diet was the most disturbing symptom for me.
> I already had severe adrenal fatigue so to be even
> more bed bound was my bodies way of saying this
> way of eating wasn't a good idea for me. That
> being said i also suffered the wrath of a high
> sugar diet my whole life also and its devasting
> metabolic effects.
>
> Intense depression was another symptom whilst low
> carb, none of these two issues ever passed in the
> time i tried the diet, i did low carbohydrate for
> about a month or two then eventually gave up due
> to the lack of energy. I could grind out the
> depression no problem but i could barely walk due
> to the lack of energy and it didn't seem to be
> improving enough to give me any indication it was
> worth the effort.

Wow, that sounds horrible. I guess I'm lucky I was pretty well "cleaned up" when I started this low carb diet. I haven't had any of those symptoms yet. The only scary thing I've had so far was a few mornings I woke up and got bad muscle cramps when I stretched. Luckily I just sprayed on some magnesium oil and that took care of that. I did have endless problems when I was put on that wretched "Zone" diet of the sort you speak of - even though I was doing it vegetarian style. The thing about that diet that got me was the high protein which I doubt my kidneys have yet to recover from. Did you consume a high percentage of proteins when you were on the low carb diet? Maybe that contributed to the problem.

> The only other diet i have felt worried for my
> health on was a 100% raw fruitarian/80/10/10 style
> diet. I also felt terrible like i was away to die
> eating this way, my body did not like the large
> amount of potassium rich fruits and lack of sodium
> by comparison whilst suffering from severe adrenal
> fatigue, these people usually have disturbed
> sodium/potassium balance due to lowered levels of
> an adrenal hormone called aldosterone. Lots of
> weird palpitations, shortness of breath, plus all
> the sugar was messing with my blood sugar levels
> and crashing my adrenals.

I really liked that bouncing of the walls type energy diet until it made me pre diabetic and aged my skin 20 years. It's taken over a year to finally turn my blood sugar around after that fiasco. I don't know if I'll ever overcome the aging effect.

>
> This is why i feel there is no one diet fits all.
>
>

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2014 12:03AM by Prana.

Date: March 13, 2014 10:24PM

la_veronique Wrote:
> if you want to be a sproutarian
>
> prepare to be a full time gardener
>
> smiling smiley

Yeah, it can be abit like that. It means getting up extra early before sunrise to prepare things. In time you learn to work efficiently so time spent is minimised. Winter is always very full on because the rotations are huge. No spare time during winter, all spare time is spent gardening....every winter is like that so we must suck it up and deal with it. When it is winter l buckle down the hatches and become a social recluse for 3 months. If people want to ring me and talk, they must make an appointment during winter. winking smiley You get used to it.

Summer is minimal time spent. Autumn and Spring are o.k too. Winter = slave to the garden.

Having the right attitude to it is everything. I compare myself to our ancestors and the hunza being gardners/farmers and being in nature. You don't can't compare yourself with SAD people or others with convenient lifestyles. You have to know why you are doing this and embrace it and love it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2014 10:28PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 13, 2014 10:41PM

Powerlifter: if l fail in the long term, l will come out and let everyone know. If l lose energy and fall in a heap, l will let you know. If l become FULL of nasty toxins, l will let you know. If l turn to skin and bones, l will let you know. If it means l need to eat increased fruits one day, l will. If it means l need to cook some veggies one day, l will.

Truely...l am really starting to think that the copper RDA might be too low. Imo we are plant eaters, and it doesn't make sense that all plants are nearly all too high in copper. It doesn't add up.

Same goes with the theory that we must get 2.5 parts calcium - 1 part phos. Only a handful of foods in nature have that ratio. These RDA are sooo iffy.

It's also interesting, when grains are sprouted they no longer have the bone deteriorating properties that grains normally have according to a study done. Various reasons for this.

I reckon Dr Clement has got it right with the vegan diet.

Storm sent me something very very interesting about calcium the other day.
[www.supremefulvic.com]

The public will be interested to learn that major calcium benefits are best derived from vegetal silica and not from calcium. As more and more information is discovered about the profound importance of silica in the human diet, noted researchers are suggesting that silica should be listed as an “essential” element. Among those researchers is Professor Louis C. Kervran, a former Minister of Health in France. Aided by the official laboratories of France, Kervran and associates concluded that the calcium needed by animal cells seldom is derived from mineral calcium, rather, it is the product of “biological transmutations” from silica and other elements.

Vegetal Silica Vs. Mineral Silica

Professor Kervran also found that vegetal silica transforms to mineral silica as plants age or over mature. Experiments showed that the mineral silica became more harmful because it decalcifies the body

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2014 10:49PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 14, 2014 01:20AM

And when you ferment the nuts in rye sprout rejuvalic you get this extra enzyme rich concoction that is very high in lipase, proteinase, amylase and probably many other enzymes like cellulase and it breaks down the foods so effectively that it is almost like a drink and minimises the time needed to swish and chew the paste, especially when fermented for three days. If you don't ferment nuts you need to chew and swish that paste around in the mouth for ages.

Same with the fermented sprouted grains...very high cellulase, proteinase and amylase which almost makes them almost melt in your mouth.

The science literature on fermented grains is scarey, but when we sprout them, crush them and ferment them in an advanced mixture (rejuvalic) we tame so many nasties. And when you combine those high acid ferments with algaes and sprouted legumes and/or seaweeds and/or pre-meal green juices we can reduce affects of over acidity.

The issue is, can we reduce aldehydes using other foods? Looks like we can, but we need a high amino acid diet with good levels of cysteine and methionine, but many vegan diets are low in these amino acids. And yes, high ripe fruit consumption seems to have aldehyde issues too, as do bananas. And when fruit suffers post harvest handling the potential for aldehydes increases due to brushing. The N.H diet has issues after issues that are hard to fix.

My high amino acid diet could explain why Kulvinsaks and a top doctor was amazed l weren't suffering any symptoms from aldehyde poisoning. It was the opposite, l had high energy and was as sharp as a tack, but l should have been low energy and in a mental brain fog and highly acid.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 01:26AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 14, 2014 01:39AM

No symptoms of zinc or copper issues here..

strange

Date: March 14, 2014 01:50AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> What you ferment the nuts how do you break them
> up? Do you crush them with something or just break
> with up with your hands?

Some with my hands and others are quickly broken with a nut cracker and placed immediately in rejuvalic.

>
> Also, I fermented rye doesn't taste very good IMO,
> do you eat different grains fermented?

I would never try rye. I ate rye sprouts once and they tasted aweful. I do lots of millet, wheat, barley. I am going to also try going back onto amaranth and quinoa sprouts again. Sprouted amaranth makes me vomit everytime (I get green gilled), but l am hoping fermented amaranth might be more tolerable when it is fermented.

Date: March 14, 2014 01:58AM

"And when you ferment the nuts in rye sprout rejuvalic you get..."

GLUTEN. It's important people remember this.

Date: March 14, 2014 03:42AM

It is fascinating to read the massive amount of unfounded statements that you make about NH diets and vegan diets sproutarianman.

simply stunning.

Date: March 14, 2014 04:03AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> When it comes to 'breaking through the cellular
> matrix' of the foods I think
> "mechanical breaking" is quite essential.
>
> The only possibilities I could think of with the
> chia seed sprouts and sesame seeds would be to dry
> them and either grind them for use or eat as a
> bread or cracker. Chia seeds are gelatinous so
> they can make a bread, and maybe don't need
> pregrinding (though I think it would help). In
> this state they're easier to chew and grind with
> the teeth. Otherwise one would have to use some
> special grinder for the foods to dehull them or
> break up the seeds. Blending even below 30 seconds
> still ends up making the food lose nutrients,
> perhaps even interfering with digestion by adding
> lots of water to it.
>
> On top of that, to eat the greens you would need a
> juicer. To eat them would be a task esp. if you're
> blending the seeds/grains because one would have
> to intake so much water.
>
> Perhaps only the seeds could be dried, ground, and
> the rest eaten as is or juiced (if no juicer then
> chew lol).

This is what I use for grinding dried seeds and nuts...

[www.amazon.com]

It's very efficient and doesn't heat up.

Date: March 14, 2014 04:31AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
> Well, grinding dried seeds are no problem. It's
> wet seeds that are... especially chia seeds.
>
> Liek I said before, I could perhaps make a cracker
> or bread out of them, then grind them with a
> grinder like you suggested but I'm not sure if
> that's the best way, ie to save nutrients.

First dehydrate them at 105F then grind them. That works very well. If you want to grind wet seeds and nuts, etc. get yourself an Indian Mixi which work very well and are very easy to clean. They are not UL listed though and are built like @#$%& so I always keep mine unplugged.

This is the one I have...

[www.innoconcepts.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2014 04:32AM by SueZ.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 14, 2014 02:50PM

It looks like a lot of work for little gain.
Sprout for days, dehydrate, and grind...

Why not just eat the fresh sprouts.

Date: March 14, 2014 03:10PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> It looks like a lot of work for little gain.
> Sprout for days, dehydrate, and grind...

(1) It takes about five minutes to dehydrate them, (hands on time), including clean up.

(2) You can dehydrate 3 months worth at a time and have a convenient stash always available to grind at a moment's notice that you don't even have to refrigerate or freeze.

(3) They taste better prepared this way than raw.

(4) Prepared this way they are far more versatile to use than raw and are easier to mask from kid's, etc., palates while delivering better nutrition than they would have otherwise.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables