Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The madness and greed of Australian sprouting companies
Date: April 03, 2014 10:49PM

I have offered one company everything on a silver platter for free. I have offered them the following:

* free lectures from myself promoting sprouting and their company
* customers who are prepared to buy in bulk
* doing a film with a film producer and big name new age guru to get promotion and audience
* free advertising
* look into getting sponsorship for a tour of international speakers including Brian Clement and Sproutman.

All l ask is that they sell sprouting seeds in bulk, give people good prices and service.

I've asked them to make it easy for the customer to deal with. But what have l got? Resistance on every level. Instead of taking 2 minutes to fill a big bag with seeds, they want to spend an hour filling little bags with seeds. And they are bad with email response and need to be contacted numerous times.

But it gets worse. I get a wholesale business quote for 10 kg of broccoli seeds for $1,000. Red Clover seeds are much more. That is supposed to be an excellent price LOL.

Other sprouting comnpanies are even worse. There is one company l have emailed/ phoned 6 times for equipment and seeds, and NOT ONCE have they ever responded back.

No Australian sprouting companies sell in bulk amounts that l know of (I have searched and phoned all over the country), and all prices are sky high. I have studied the market, and these greedy people have the market locked out so no-one can make inroads into getting fair prices. The market is full of resellers (useless middlemen) who bump up prices...all seem to get their supplies from the one source because none have the ability to sell in bulk because only one supplier has ever had that ability. A little over 12 months ago l could get 5kg of broccoli seed for $310 at retail discount, and yet my wholesale business discount is far higher. So l know these people are sucking the customers dry, and l know it is because of various supplies insisting on their suppliers increasing their prices to reduce competition and protect their businesses (I know this for a fact, but won't reveal details).

You want to see the madness at full blown scale? Well, check out this online company. They sell 1 gram packets of watercress seeds for $3.90 and bulk amounts of 100 gram packets at $129.90. So if l was going to buy 5 kg for juicing l would need to find $6,495.00. Anyway...who buys 1 gram packets of seeds??? This is what we are up against....greedy suppliers insisting their suppliers increase prices so protect their businesses from competition so they can take the cream off the top for not doing very much (useless industry feeders).

[www.australianwheatgrass.com.au]

I am trying to make inroads to put all these greedy people out of business and start up my own company, but it is difficult (I am locked out of the market) and comes with financial risk. But l want customers to get a fair deal and good service.

Unfortunately it looks like l will have to rely on health food shops for my seeds. At least l can get good bulk prices at retail that are far better than at those sprouting companies. However, my seed varieties are greatly limited.

I can get various excellent organic seeds from health food shops at 1/3 of the price than you get from sprouting companies in Australia, and l have told them this. Yet they still don't make the prices more fair.

I will not promote greedy unethical people until they change their tune and act in the interests of their customers. I want to help grow their businesses, but they are not interested. It's complete and utter madness.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2014 10:56PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables