Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Please help me, I want to begin the raw vegan life today
Posted by: arkitech ()
Date: June 11, 2014 01:49PM

I'm currently dealing with one of the most stressful times of my life right now. My work and my commute typically keep me away from home anywhere from 13-14 hours a day. In addition to that I'm fighting to keep my home from being taken away. Despite these issues I have learned some valuable lessons in time management and I've even been able to exercise 5 days a week .

I really want to begin life as a raw vegan, mainly to lose weight and gain confidence. I also want the satisfaction of accomplishing something truly worthwhile. At the moment I have so many factors I'm dealing with that I have no control over, I at least want control of my health and appearance.

Can anyone give me a few beginner recipes to start with as a raw vegan? I'm going to the grocery store this evening and I want to begin preparing meals for tomorrow.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Please help me, I want to begin the raw vegan life today
Posted by: arkitech ()
Date: June 11, 2014 01:53PM

Just one more thing to add. I'm a guy, and I weigh about 245 at 6'. How much would I need to eat to stay healthy and still lose weight (my goal is to lose 30-40 pounds)? Also are there any suggested raw foods for a person who lifts weights?

Thank you for any help and information.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: June 11, 2014 04:20PM

For weight lifting, you just need to make up the calories you lost from lifting to gain healthy weight because you will be adding on muscle. If you go on a raw vegan diet, you will undoubtedly lose weight. Maybe start your days with some fresh fruit or a smoothie, snack on raw, sprouted nuts/seeds, and make salads with a bunch of fresh veggies (lettuce, sprouts, spinach, red bell peppers, olives, cucumber, etc.). There are some pretty creative raw dishes and if you search online you'll likely find some good zucchini spaghetti recipes. Algae's such as chlorella and spirulina will provide you with high-quality, easily absorbable protein along with chlorophyll, nucleic acids, phytochemicals, minerals, etc. If you don't get a lot of sunlight, you should supplement with D3 (Rejuvenation sciences has a vegan D3, another solid brand is Vitamin Code RAW D3). Green juices as well (cucumber, wheatgrass, sprout, etc). You can grow your own wheatgrass but you may be able to find an organic juice bar that grows it/sells the juice.

Here are a few websites to get you started:

therawfoodworld.com
rawpower.com
longevitywarehouse.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2014 04:21PM by jtprindl.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 11, 2014 05:58PM

I'm a raw lifter and I eat plenty of greens. smiling smiley And of course fruit! Some nuts and seeds. Love tomatoes, zucchini, and other non sweet fruits.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 12, 2014 11:46PM

naza is a bodybuilder raw vegan

she is somewhere on this site

maybe you could ask her for some tips

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables