Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

nutrient myths - part 2
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 17, 2014 04:33PM

This message from the people who brought you "sprout hype" which blew apart the hype about sprout nutritive claims like 3000% increase in nutrients, etc.

(nothing BAD a about sprouts if you like them - that's not the point)

We now bring you mineral myths !

ZINC

I don't know if jtprindl is capable of understanding this link, or will twist his undies into knots trying to rationalize his/her beliefs, so perhaps this will be of use to others.

I am quite aware (as clearly some people are not) that nutrition is not a hard
science and depends on so many factors such as average nutrient reports, assimilation, etc, we can draw some conclusions from tests and symptoms and REAL SCIENCE like from the world health organization, as opposed to the RDA's, which, as any fool knows are influenced by the animal products industry as well as mindless safety factors.

I will summarize from the article:

zinc requirements are 1 to 2 mg per day, and up depending on circumstances.

Note:

I just put together a nutrient analysis on cron using the LOWLY, INADEQUATE fruits and veggies - a simple diet for anyone without nuts/seeds/seaweed/supplements.

And the results for iron and zinc were well over the real requirements as determined by the W.H.O. and the F.A.O.

[www.fao.org]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: nutrient myths - part 2
Date: June 17, 2014 05:21PM

Second sample diet of fruits and veggies.

Based on Cronometer

Which is based on standard USDA nutrient profiles and RDA requirements

100% zinc
300% iron

but wait, I thought it was IMPOSSIBLE to get enough nutrients on fruits and veggies?

and of course it's clearly impossible to get enough iodine, even though no symptoms.
or signs of deficiency on tests.

sprouts and seaweed and urine forever, hurrah!
sprouts and seaweed and urine !

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: June 17, 2014 07:12PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
we
> can draw some conclusions from tests and symptoms
> and REAL SCIENCE like from the world health
> organization

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Funniest thing I've read all day.

Date: June 17, 2014 10:05PM

I am not sure about funny Suez, more tragic if anything. l nearly spurted wheatgrass juice out of my nose when l read that. Next we will be using wiki or going to Monsanto for advice on GM foods, and ask governments if smart meter EMF's are safe. winking smiley

I will certainly not be reading such links from the likes of WHO etc and base my nutrient intake from this advice. I would rather get more than find out one day they were wrong. We live in a toxic and stressful world and l am going to get all the nutrition l can on a plant diet to be on the safe side.

Personally l feel some N.H people may do o.k on lower nutrient diets etc because their nutrition absorb these nutrients far more efficiently because they are in such shorter supply on the N.H diets...the uniqueness of various people's body allows them to exist that way, but most people don't seem to be able to make the adjustment. Regardless, l don't think it is going to end well if we neglect to pay attention to getting a broad spectrum of nutrients like iodine etc (can effect brain functioning etc).

And the above paragraph takes me to my next point. It's not just about body functioning on a raw food diet, it is about elevating far beyond that level. People may function and just get by on a raw vegan diet, but that is not near what we can be doing. We can make our lives extroadinary when we eat FRESH foods high in broad spectrum nutrition, so lets not diddle around doing the scraps...lets take it to a level 10, and when you get up there you will know about it...no more need to argue, no need to get defensive, everything becomes easy when you focus, and no more dealing with nonsense, and living in bliss most of the time.

We just don't want to exist (it seems like most do), we want to elevate ourselves and make our lives extroadinary. And that only happens when you start to devote your time to serving mankind. It doesn't become about you anymore, it becomes about other people. When you reach a certain level you don't have to think about you anymore.

Average levels of nutrition simply will not do. These WHO people can argue low level nutrition all they like, but l scoff at such talk. Why do you think l do the sprout diet?...because the benefits are worth it!!!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2014 10:09PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: June 17, 2014 10:14PM

TSM, what level are you..and the shadowy Mr Kearns? Are your lives extraordinary? In what way?

Date: June 17, 2014 10:18PM

TSM--"And that only happens when you start to devote your time to serving mankind. It doesn't become about you anymore, it becomes about other people. When you reach a certain level you don't have to think about you anymore."

What are you doing to serve mankind? You remind me of a guy I know. He is full of this idealistic talk and he know everything and has the solution for all problems... yet his life is in the dumps.

Date: June 17, 2014 10:21PM

SueZ Wrote:
> fresh Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> we
> > can draw some conclusions from tests and
> symptoms
> > and REAL SCIENCE like from the world health
> > organization
>
>
> hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
> ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>
> Funniest thing I've read all day.

Suez, funny you should say this but you, Prindl and TSM are the funniest things I've been reading every day. I'm not lying.

Date: June 17, 2014 10:49PM

Those things mean nothing to me. Material wealth is what I try to draw in my life.

Date: June 17, 2014 10:49PM

Anon 102 Wrote:
> TSM--"And that only happens when you start to
> devote your time to serving mankind. It doesn't
> become about you anymore, it becomes about other
> people. When you reach a certain level you don't
> have to think about you anymore."
>
>
> What are you doing to serve mankind? You remind me
> of a guy I know. He is full of this idealistic
> talk and he know everything and has the solution
> for all problems... yet his life is in the dumps.

This is not idealistic talk, this is real talk via the cosmic connection. This is certainly no fancy theory, this is living the real life.

Many people may make fancy theories up, but this type of talk started from somewhere, it started because people actually experienced this because we are made to have the potential to experience this.

The solution to everything is to be at one with the light and harness the sound.

I don't read these fancy theory books or listen to new age talkers, all this talk comes directly through myself from the cosmos. When you have the connection you can always call out the fakes, and l have always called out the fakes. Certain people will never be called out because they are living it for they are the real light.

Date: June 17, 2014 11:14PM

Anon 102 Wrote:
> Those things mean nothing to me.

It will mean nothing to most people until they connect with the light. It is like trying to explain what the astral worlds are to a non believer, or someone trying to explain what heaven is to all of us, or someone trying to explain complex alien worlds and technology to the average man on the street.

>Material wealth
> is what I try to draw in my life.

Many people are like that. I used to be like that...used to want nothing more than to make LOTS of money, but then l got the enlightenment and those desires melted away because the light is so much more satisfying.

Anon...think about this. All these wealthy folks...they buy a big boat, and a few years later they buy a bigger boat and 10 more cars and a bigger mansion. Later they want even more stuff. Why? Because those material things only bring short term satisfaction...they will never satisfy wants because we always want more, it is an endless cycle. When you connect with the light that cycle of searching ends because you have found the ultimate source of satisfaction...no desire for wanting anything else because you have everything.

This stuff l talk about might sound all corny, and that is o.k. If the material wealth is important, l say, enjoy it. Most people love man created systems.

The thing is though...when you are on your death bed, are you going to say "l am happy l bought those 10 houses and have 10 million in the bank", or are you going to say " l wish l had served people better, treated people better, spent more time with family etc instead of spending that extra time focussing on material wealth"? Maybe you can achieve both, but it would be sad if this material wealth was focussed on at the expense of helping and focussing love on other people.

And please note - there are no judgements to be made here, for all the desire for materialism is, is part of a cycle. You are in a cycle, l am in a cycle, we are all in a cycle...a cycle is an experience and opportunity to develop memories for future learning, so it is not a bad thing.

Anon, be well, for l love you as my brother, for you are my brother, and one day you will remember you are. I say to everyone, you will all be at one with the light, and then you will remember.

With lots of love,

The Sproutarian.

Date: June 17, 2014 11:37PM

People who make a lot of mistakes in their lives and lose everything usually become philosophers. You in that category, TSM?

Date: June 17, 2014 11:48PM

" We just don't want to exist (it seems like most do), we want to elevate ourselves and make our lives extroadinary. And that only happens when you start to devote your time to serving mankind. It doesn't become about you anymore, it becomes about other people. When you reach a certain level you don't have to think about you anymore."

Ah, yes, to serve mankind...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 17, 2014 11:57PM

Anon 102 Wrote:
> People who make a lot of mistakes in their lives
> and lose everything usually become philosophers.
> You in that category, TSM?

I have made many many mistakes in my life, but l certainly haven't lost everything. All that has changed is that l have physically seen the light through my third eye.

You hear of some wealthy people who suddently turn their back on all of that to live a simple life, they also speak of the light. You don't have to lose all material wealth to say the things which l talk about, you just need to be at a certain point in the cycle of existance where you are ready. I was hungry and searching for the meaning of life for a very long time, a lot of people are, but most people aren't.

The people who are ready will find the way to the light. I don't try and talk people into this stuff because it doesn't work that way...they will come when they are ready, and they will then become light workers.

Anon, one day you will most likly become a light worker too, you are already on your way. The fact that you do a plant based diet is a very significant thing...you are well on your way in the cycle, and it's only a matter of time/incarnations before you discover the light. You have been around the traps for quite a while and the seizing of your true birthright is right at your finger tips, you are so close but your fingers are still alittle greasy and you can't quite catch the ball yet, but l am sure you will soon.

The creator makes good stuff sir, that's why l love everyone unconditionally and believe in them, and that's why l help people....that's what light workers do.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 18, 2014 12:08AM

why would anybody want to serve the human kind when they destroy everything? We already go 7+ billion people and there is only one apple.

there could be an aspiring goal for serving the "tribe" (rising the tribe status image and recognition), but not the human kind.

Date: June 18, 2014 12:37AM

Panchito Wrote:
> why would anybody want to serve the human kind
> when they destroy everything?
>

because man knows not what he does because he is under the spell of worshipping manmade ideas and systems. The greatness is within man, for we all have the pineal gland which accesses the light, wisdom and greatness. Unfortunately we are making bad choices, but we will eventually wake up. Some people are waking up now, others will wake up much later, but the point is, we will all discover the light when we arrive at a certain point in the cycle.

I don't say these things lightly or to sound all fancy. I pass on the messages l am meant to give. It is not me creating these messages here, l just pass them on. It's never about me nor is it my information, for l am only a messenger and vessel of cosmic consciousness.

See...people see things as `their' information, so ego comes into it and they become gurus. This is not my information, this is our information, this is information of the light. No-one owns this stuff, and if they think they do they are fools of the highest order. Fools buy into illusions because they are fooled by illusion.

Please don't try to be heros, for we are only vessels in the cosmic sea.

Date: June 18, 2014 01:02AM

All this thread needs a theme song for a soundtrack. I got it...

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 18, 2014 01:14AM

Not one person submitted anything of substance
To refute the facts presented.

or maybe you didn't understand it?

Only the brainless or the blind think that saying that something is the "funniest thing ever"
Amounts to a rebuttal.

Bottom line....proves what I have been saying.

Zinc req as low as 2g, not 11

Same for iron and calcium, etc

Date: June 18, 2014 01:36AM

I like `fresh', he always makes me smile. smiling smiley Many characters on this forum. It's good that vegans have strong beliefs (better than being the walking dead), and hopefully these `beliefs' work for them to keep them safe and sound from the nasty fangs of poor nutrition.

It's amazing what highly nutritious plant foods can do to allow the body to produce various enzymes to be able to break down certain undesirables in plant foods that can menace many vegans, this tells me that full sprectrum nutrition is very very important....not just fulfilling rda for vitamin and minerals, but tapping into the less talked about gold nuggets contained in seaweeds, ferments and all those golden boy foods.

Nutrition is so much more than most think it is. It's not all about vitamins and minerals anymore...they are a whole host of goodies we can use in foods to induce powerful enzymatic activity in the body which serves human bodies very very well.

Calcium, hm hm...maybe it's time for studies to be posted, but that can be for another day because there is a big story to tell where many issues need to be brought up.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: June 18, 2014 02:01AM

SueZ Wrote:
> All this thread needs a theme song for a
> soundtrack. I got it...
>
> [www.youtube.com]

This whole forum is heading for needing this as it's soundtrack. Of course fresh thinks it's all about him and his WHO "facts". Which is fine I guess.

Date: June 18, 2014 02:01PM

once again tsm and suez respond, without actually responding to anything.

want to make it a trifecta? post another response saying nothing?

would i need to be snarky if you had any intellectual honesty?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables