Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

q about menstruation and raw veganism
Posted by: intrstelr ()
Date: June 21, 2014 04:40AM

Maybe this is okay to post here. Wondering about raw veganism and menstruation. So from what I've read, vegans still have typical, monthly menstruation, but raw vegans often have theirs stop or lessen from eating healthier. Any raw vegans have this happen? I have been vegan for a while over 2 yrs, period about the same as before. I am rarely late but after being raw vegan for nearly 2 months, suddenly I'm like a few days to a wk late. N before I have it like clockwork, usually. Of course the occasional early or whatever, the typical stuff... but usually the same n predictable. Some people say though that women's period annoyances lessen when raw vegan, so, definitely wondering.that would be great, because for many yrs I've had too heavy of periods. I'm told its normal when Iask, but Ithink its too much n am always totally drained. Sometimes its like, umm, not supposed to feel like thatt from bleeding every month, like it takes all the nutrition outta me. Has been like that for yrs, and before I went vegan. I do have health issues though and they have greatly improved since going vegan. I have gotten even better from recently going raw vegan. This page has some interesting stuff on it about raw veganism n menstruation being less than before: [debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Of course I do.not agree with this all, but has interesting thoughts

Also, something else I wonder about, civilizations that eat better have less of a period? Never knew. Like, those with that type of diet.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: q about menstruation and raw veganism
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 21, 2014 02:20PM

My period hasn't stopped or lessened after almost 7 years raw.

smiling smiley
HTH

However, days of cycle could change from a change in diet or exercise.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 22, 2014 01:26AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My period hasn't stopped or lessened after almost
> 7 years raw.
>
> smiling smiley
> HTH
>
> However, days of cycle could change from a change
> in diet or exercise.

LOL--I always thought you were a guy. grinning smiley

Are you low-fat or do you eat at least 15-25% of calories in raw fat? If so, it would make it easier to continue getting periods, I would imagine. Anorexics tend to stop their periods, too, due to low body fat.

Posted by: Ela2013 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:10PM

My period came back strong and naturally after I stopped taking the hormone replacing therapy pills. I have PMS for 1-2 weeks before having my period. And it's nasty PMS: cramps, bloating, breast pain, restless night sleep.
The period itself lasts 4-5 days, it's mild at first, then heavy, then light in the end. And with lot of cramps the whole time.
So I stay in bed until it ends (unless I really have to go somewhere important). But I'm ok with it, as I see these days as relaxing time watching Youtube vegan and raw vegan videos while enjoying my sweet fruits smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raw vegan for life. Vegan for the animals. Raw for my health.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables