Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Leaders Need To Be Grain Free, Including Fermented & Sprouted Grains…
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 08, 2014 09:15PM

Here is an interesting Post by Dr. Flora that flies in the face with what some people will say is “old school”:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Outline of AnnWigmore's diet
drflora3rd (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: 02-06-02 05:31

Kasuo, she was 100% living food vegan. Brief? I cannot comprehend brief! Thank heavens I work with 2 men who are concise and focused! who can help me focus! Please share this or forward this to anyone who can benefit. Perhaps I read you wrong, but I am assuming that you wanted her own personal diet, not the one she taught her students who were very fragile.

Her recommendations for her AIDS and cancer students' soups were purposely missing sprouted grains and more than 2 ounces of almond cream. She would have appreciated Dr. Doug's message on no grains. Some people have found it useful, mostly men, but I have found sprouted buckwheat to be a total waste of the energy of the little seed. The starch has not been turned into the kind of sugar that is used for fast energy, and there is no usable protein until the chlorophyll turns the leaves green. The pink/magenty stems are wonderfully full of lecithin, which dissolves cholesterol, as bromelain from the stalks of really ripe pineapple do too. All useful besides fiber that we could get from fermented or sprouted grains are mainly the b-complex vitamins, but the sauerkraut takes care of that thoroughly, and is a more grounding and spiritually enlightening and masterful food than grain. Seems it's ok for followers; but leaders need to be grain free. "Healing Foods" touches on that and others I could recommend, but people will find this out themselves when they give up grain completely. My friends in India's eyesights improve also.

She ate Energy Soup with 1/4th avocado in the a.m., and almond cream in the p.m., with homemade sauerkraut and rejuvelac in it. Sometimes, if we were at a conference together, she would buy a variety of seed and nut cheeses, take a taste (literally, not a bite and wash her mouth out with rejuvelac and give me the rest. I would eat it all and promptly fall asleep. Too much protein, and some of the seeds and nuts had not been soaked the proper time to get the inhibitors out and the starch and protein predigested into simple sugars and amino acids, so my body had to shut down in order to make some sense of it. I had to learn the hard way. She would smile indulgently and say, as she woke me up to work some more, "You eat differently from me and that's why you have to sleep, Flora". She put different amounts of the basic ingredients in each am and pm and I have no idea if what she made for me was always what she made for herself, but the few times I was in her kitchen, which floor was covered with newspaper to catch the peelings she scattered all over as she quickly and efficiently prepared soups on and off all day for guests, and then rolled the paper up at night and threw it away and her floor was clear and clean for the evening, I saw she was sharing!

She taught me that if I just followed my inner guide, I would take the right amount of what I needed. Other naturopaths have suggested the same; one in Hurricane, Utah, said when he is walking and sees a brown eyed susan and focuses on it for a longer period of time, the minerals/vitamins in it will usually be just what he needs, and if it something inedible, he makes sure he gets enough that day of what his eyes had led him to, only in a different plant or fruit.

She made dehydrated protein nuggets for our guests, but did not recommend them for people who were trying to regenerate their cells with heavy health challenges. In fact, she felt that more than a couple of ounces of almond cream a day was too much fat for one's liver when it was compromised.

She mandated that in order not to have cleansing reactions, it was necessary to take enemas in the a.m. (before 2 hours of rising) and to enjoy the trampoline and dry natural bristle brushing toward the heart and wet skin stimulation with a loofa. Implants with wheatgrass juice were necessary parts of her regeneration program.

She had transcended the need to sleep and she watched the Oprah program a little to keep up on the topics that people were interested in, but spent most of her time writing, answering letters, making audiocassettes for people. She was the most spritiual person I've ever met and because she lived in present tense and had incredible love inside her, she was never worried about anything, even when people where trying to undermine some of her students' confidence in her in order to 'take' the reins from her hands.

I would love to answer specific questions, and have over 2 decades of experience with her and could really give you some stories, if I was not reined in!

She was always experimenting and some people who came into the Institute for a couple of weeks might have gone away thinking that what they saw there was what they might eat. She finally had to take the lovely jars of beans, peas and lentils down that lined the top shelf in the kitchen because so many people got the wrong impression, not understanding that they were just for decoration and that we didn't use them ourselves. After oriental doctors asked her to test things like mung beans and aduki beans, etc. she found that they were not things that were helpful (in fact some were very harmful sprouted) and she didn't want them used anymore. She wanted to use red vegetables (like sliced ref bell peppers) for color in some of the recipes for the weekend banquets, but did not use them herself and did not recommend tomatoes. She was allergic to both, as I am, and nightshades in general. If you read a book called "Healing Foods" it explains well what nightshades do to you. She wanted us only to teach what to do and why, and to stay away from saying what was wrong or why not to do certain things.

She didn't want citrus to be used and asked people not to put them in their compost piles because of the fruit flies that they hatched, and they destroyed the friendly bacteria/buggies that the compost made to grow the sprouts well. The major ingredient in natural insecticide is citrus oil. If I eat anything 'out' that has citrus oil or acid in it, I have a bad time because of the pains inside. When I was travelling with her, a bowl of Energy Soup, which I gratefully received, would appear in front of my door and she chastised me to eat it immediately, chewing silently at least 30 times before I swallowed each mouthful, thinking about peaceful things as I did.

She taught to chew each mouthful of wheat grass JUICE as if it were a solid, for a couple of minutes and not just chug-a-lug it as some do now. She kept a wheatgrass 'bundle' tied up in a rubber band in a shallow glass of water next to her wash basin and her kitchen sink. Everytime she needed to wash her hands, she would put the grass in water in the basin for about 10 minutes to neutralize the chlorine, and also in her bath. She used a lot of wheatgrass juice in her implants and the trays would disappear everytime she came back from a trip because she knew she had to detox from the cigarette smoke in the airports and the exhausts from the autos and busses. Her Energy Soup was what she ate when she was hungry. Once someone gave her a loaf of Essene Bread, which is frozen, and she threw it away so that people would not think that she supported frozen stuff. She asked me to walk along the banks of the river in Boston to collect lambsquarter and purslaine, which was difficult for me because the air up there in the 80's was so acid that if I wore sandals, my feet would burn in the air. When we went to the radio station to give a program, we would collect the incredibly long tender leaves of the dandelion leaves that had been supersized by the radio waves!

She used buckwheat lettuce (the female energy - I smile when I think of her walking along in the 'nursery' and stroking the buckwheat, calling them her little ladies at a tea party, as she taught me that they would help me when I needed to go inside and build my intuition, my sense of discrimination, deep sense of loyalty and service) and sunflower lettuce (the male energy, for giving speeches, giving people directions and telling them what to do, and being organized and consistent and just having physical strength). She was not a user of sprouts, personally and felt that plants needed soil to grow in and leaf out before they were proper to use. Since then, Dr. Clark has found that sprouts have aflatoxins in them that are very dangerous. Many people in her kitchens, and even some of her staff, were not 'on her program' and even though she wanted them to be very loving and centered when they fixed the food for the students, because she knew that the energy of their minds would go into the food, many put things in there (both physically and emotionally) that were not part of Dr. Ann's personal program.

The books (and over 99% of the recipes inside) that are on the shelves in the average bookstore today are not written by Dr. Ann, even though her name appears on them. She did not want to mix all manner of things together, because she was a stickler to follow the "Essene Gospel of Peace" and thought that 3 things were enough to be mixed together, as blended foods were easier to assimilate by the little villi, or in the mucus membranes in the mouth, than solid. If I have an apple, I will blend it instead of munch it, because I don't want to waste its energy or mine. She felt that every little plant that peeped up in her cafeteria trays was a baby, and she wanted to use every one necessary and not let it have a wasted life.

People were always trying to talk to her during the program weeks, but she understood that the first week's questions would disappear once their enemas washed the waste down the toilet and so she only 'appeared' once a day from 9 to 9:30 during a questions and answer time. There was such a difference in the questions during the second week, if there were any at all. With inner clarity, there was less need to talk. People who are not in pain don't need to talk much at all. Watermelon or apples in season and dulse mixed with rejuvelac* and 7 day old buckwheat and sunflower greens, almond cream and avocado and sprouted grain dehydrated crackers were staples for guests, but the latter was not for the students who were having serious regeneration challenges.

I am trying to finish a spiritual booklet that Dr. Ann started, but am so busy just trying to take care of people around me now, that I have not much time even though my sleeping needs are not much. I will try to write a concise, clear organized living food daily regime for you after I get some rest from all of this male energy of writing the grant! I am at home with stream of conscious female writing (as you can tell), and it is stress to be 'organized' to some externally prescribed form! But, my dear friends are trying to get a computer clubhouse going for some children, and whatever I can do to help them, I'm available. Perhaps you could help me make a BRIEF outline! I do have old outlines that I can send you but I will have to dig them up from under the pile of papers and books! Peace.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Leaders Need To Be Grain Free, Including Fermented & Sprouted Grains…
Date: July 09, 2014 08:19PM

John,

Where did Dr Flora write this? Do you have the original source?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2014 08:20PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 09, 2014 09:23PM

<<<Where did Dr Flora write this?>>>

On this Website!

<<<Do you have the original source?>>>

I have all of her original Posts, but this Website has crashed several times so the links obviously don't work anymore.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: July 09, 2014 09:31PM

I enjoyed reading that. So she made meals out of rejuvelac ( Hey I am making some as we speak) sauerkraut almond cream and energy soup? WOW. Thats discipline.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables