Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how much coconut okay if avoiding other nuts
Posted by: intrstelr ()
Date: August 11, 2014 01:35AM

So I've recently decided to eat coconut, try to everyday, instead of other types of nuts. One reason being freshness n because other nuts are avoided on a mold free diet. So would 1 a day be okay for a 29 yr old female. Is one n half sometimes too much? Is there a maximum? I have to ask, since so many foods can harm a person. Is that a good idea for a food to replace nuts with? That's usually included with the secondary shell on. Not the outer, but the middle piece. I've read that's edible, so maybe it is?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how much coconut okay if avoiding other nuts
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 11, 2014 02:33AM

Just eat the white part. If the coconut is hard, you can eat the very thin paper-like brown layer that's stuck to it when removing it from the hard shell.

Something to keep in mind: Foods are much more than just food groups and macronutrients (protein, carbs, fats). Sufficient vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, essential fatty acids, and possibly undiscovered nutrients are important. In my view, eat the amount of coconut that feels good to you. But you might also look for more variation in your raw food diet, especially if you find you are overeating (like stuffing yourself) or losing too much weight. You might consider trying some mineral-rich raw seeds, sprouted or not (as you like).

Something else to consider: Coconuts are not a very great source for Omega 3, which is an essential fatty acid. They have a good medium-length fatty acid chain; but on the other hand, the fat is mostly saturated fat, whereas fats from seeds are much less saturated. Such considerations are why it's good to include a variety.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 11, 2014 05:30PM

I'd say eat however much you want but also include tons of fruits and veggies (fresh/raw/organic).

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: August 11, 2014 10:19PM

Agree with Utopian Life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables