Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

calories q, n wondering about those who eat less nuts
Posted by: intrstelr ()
Date: August 12, 2014 11:27PM

To anyone who checks to make sure they get about 2000 calories a day, how important of a role do you think calories have in your health. N does anyone know if the calorie system was established based on what meateaters eat... since that's the so-called healthy thing to do, n basic food guides often include meat? Anywayz, I have been kinda watching my calories since going raw in may (vegan since april 2012 already). I feel more full thru the day on a coconut, n it has 1000 plus calories. I was thinking of replacing other nuts with this, n it does make me feel better, but also is not completely fresh, n that's what I'm trying to eat. Trying to avoid all mold n old food. It may be off of the tree for too long. So, wondering what opinions people have about this. I have seen info around about replacing nuts with larger meals.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: calories q, n wondering about those who eat less nuts
Posted by: Dolledout ()
Date: August 13, 2014 09:29AM

I was wondering about calorie intake as well. I don't eat much of nuts. I do eat meat; not much though. Anyone know the answer? I figure you don't need as many calories when your food is denser with nutrients.

Re: calories q, n wondering about those who eat less nuts
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: August 13, 2014 04:28PM

caloric intake depends on your metabolism and cellular (mitochondria) condition. Both are stimulated by exercise (higher number of mitochondria). Basal metabolism declines with age but if you work at it, it gets higher. People that eat a lot of calories on a high carb diet (like 801010) and don't get fat is because they eat lots of potasium rich foods. K is what makes the difference between storing the carbs as glycogen or as fat (carbs metabolism cycle). So what the calories don't mean much by themselves. But it is better to not binge to prove theories. Intermittent fasting is very good by itself as it activates repair mechanisms. Once a week is good. Nuts are good to keep a small waist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2014 04:29PM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables