Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Whats going on?
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: October 04, 2014 04:31AM

09/21/2014 - Grant Campbell's Voting Ineligibility Motion.
09/25/2014 - Arnold Kauffman steps down as Board member.
09/27/2014 - Ellen Livingston steps down as Board member.
09/27/2014 - Kristina Carrillo-Bucaram steps down as Board member.
09/27/2014 - Chris Kendall steps down as Board member.
09/27/2014 - Motion to exclude Douglas Graham from WFF events.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 04:32AM by coconutcream.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Whats going on?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 04, 2014 04:39AM

"what is going on?"

have no clue what i just read

Date: October 04, 2014 04:46AM

It's about the Woodstock Fruit Festival. You know what that is right?

Date: October 04, 2014 04:49AM

sounded like some gubernatorial debacle of the highest order

i won't lose any sleep over this ... sorry

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: October 04, 2014 05:09AM

I have no idea who any of those people are except for Doug and Kristina but my guess is that the people who are stepping down are unhappy with Doug being voted off because they have a personal relationship with him so they are doing this in response as an attempt to bring him back. An "if he goes, we go" type situation. However, I pay no attention to the Woodstock Fruit Festival.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 05:15AM by jtprindl.

Date: October 04, 2014 05:32AM

jtprindl. I think so too. Boards in business are always crazy. You are as strong as your weakest link. Its a collective. The individuals is sacrficed to the group.

I watched some youtube reactions and people are both sides. Its interesting to hear both sides and the arguments.

BAsically WFF asked Doug to come out publicly and say what happened with that Lea girl and it never happened. And he was deleting posts on vegsource asking about it when he is not the administrator.

Thats all I know, so I figure I would ask here in case anyone was there or knows more.

The argument is, well Doug inspired Mike Arnstein to be raw. He is a raw pioneer. That too.

Harley even commented while drinking a box juice. Saying its good that Leah spoke out and now everyone will speak out and not be intimidated by Doug.

This is it folks, our own private apocalypse, our raw vegan ebola.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 05:33AM by coconutcream.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 04, 2014 02:10PM

LOL @ your last post! I assume your tongue was planted firmly in cheek? winking smiley

Wow, I am totally out of the loop on this one but as usual, it's juicy gossip and I will of course now be off watching yet another installment of "The Raw and the Clueless." grinning smiley

Date: October 04, 2014 04:34PM

All we need now is Prana to be caught publicly eating chicken nuggets, and saying " raw veganism is a fad diet" and we all done here too. That's it, the end of the world as we know it.

Gubernatorial debacle, yes it is la veronique. I just want some insider info if anyone has it. What is going on with the fruity people?? Arent they supposed to be the most peaceful loving forgiving embracing almost alienly advanced?

Bananawho, its like the twilight zone.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2014 04:37PM by coconutcream.

Date: October 05, 2014 06:25PM

coconutcream

<<What is going on with the fruity people?? Arent they supposed to be the most peaceful loving forgiving embracing almost alienly advanced?>>

what does the evidence say?
there you go
you have your answer

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: October 06, 2014 01:15AM

I wouldn't worry about it. It might seem interesting if you're bored, but 10 years from now, you won't be glad you spent time watching youtube videos about raw-foodists drama. There are nice down to earth people on this forum and I'm sure you can meet some cooked food vegans near you who like to eat raw as well and can do get-togethers. Quality people are hard to find. maybe even harder on youtube

Date: October 06, 2014 09:53AM

Looks like Dr Doug's buddies have resigned because he was booted out for being very VERY naughty.

It just tells you that raw foods still can't make people behave if they are full of poor deeds. Raw fooders can still act naughty like cooked fooders and junk fooders and all that.

Eventhough Dr Doug has behaved very badly of late, he still has many fans.

"Doug Graham is still the best nutritional authority on the planet.

Doug has changed the world. He pushed us ahead about fifty
years or more".

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 06, 2014 09:55PM

According to the WFF website[www.thewoodstockfruitfestival.com], a motion to exclude Doug Graham from WFF events was passed by a vote of 77% (yes) to 23% (no) based on these two documents:

The Primary Information Document (PID) [docs.google.com]

The Secondary Information Document (SID) [docs.google.com]

The PID contains the following links (among others, with most important document IMO listed first below):

-1996-1998 Florida court documents of two incidents (from 1992-1993, including one death) that resulted in suspension and subsequent revocation of Doug Graham's chiropractor's license. Among other issues, the court found that Graham had failed to keep records of examination/treatment procedures, course of treatment justification, patient histories, examination results, test results, diagnoses, and conditions. Additionally, for 10 days, Graham failed to refer one patient whose condition (including respiratory distress) was beyond the scope of Graham's chiropractic services. That patient died.
Go to [ww2.doh.state.fl.us]
Then click on the Case #.

-A post at VegSource by founder Jeff Nelson disputing Doug Graham's claim that Nelson had been deleting posts critical of Graham's retreat. The post clarified that Doug Graham had been deleting the posts.
[www.vegsource.com]

-A video from Leah (#3) in response to the WFF Board's request for comments related to Doug Graham's written assertion that he didn't know she was bleeding until immediately prior to the Costa Rica fasting retreat and his claim that he has already reimbursed Leah a portion of her costs. Graham's claim regarding his awareness of Leah's bleeding can be found on page 15 of the SID. His claim is disputed by retreat documents and email records retained by Leah, who also denied receiving reimbursement and challenged Graham to provide bank records of that transaction.
[www.youtube.com]

The SID includes:
-Emails between Leah and Doug Graham containing Doug Graham's offer of reimbursement in exchange for Leah's signature on a "non-disclosure type of settlement agreement".

-Statements from others familiar with the retreat.

-A statement from Roger Haeske.

-A statement from Michael Arnstein detailing a Fruit Festival incident that Arnstein believed could have been avoided with safety precautions that Doug Graham rejected even after the incident.

-Questions provided by the Board to Doug Graham and Doug Graham's replies.

-The Board's response to Doug Graham.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Question for Brian Clement fans:

Clement claims to have a PhD in biochemistry. From what universities did he earn his PhD and other degrees?

A March, 2013 PrisonPlanet report includes an article by Mike Adams (NaturalNews) stating, "A story about Brian Clement published on HushLeaks.com says the co-director of the Hippocrates Health Institute acquired his PhD and graduate degrees through a 'diploma mill' and that the accreditation for the 'university' was granted by an 'accreditation mill' run out of what appears to be a 'crack house' in North Kansas City".

Then, when Mike Adams called Hippocrates Institute to find out where Clement received his degrees, Adams says he was "stonewalled".

[www.prisonplanet.com]

Curiously, the actual NaturalNews article cited does not contain (or no longer contains) the Brian Clement story.
[www.naturalnews.com]

The original HushLeak article also appears to be missing in action. Fresh posted the HushLeak link on this forum, but I couldn't access it there either.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

So.....from whom did Brian Clement receive his degrees?

I called Hippocrates Institute with this question and was referred to a recording, and I left a message with the question and my phone number.

I also emailed Mike Adams with this question, since the story was apparently dropped for some reason. Does anyone have any further information?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2014 10:02PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Diogenez ()
Date: October 07, 2014 11:06AM

tyranny of don bennet and vicky arnstein

life vs lifelessness

Date: October 07, 2014 04:39PM

Maybe fruity people are so pure and beautiful they cant tolerate anything ugly. Diogeneze, I watched a few of Vicky's videos. I kind of like her. She is a mother in a beautiful family with a beautiful husband. Beautiful house, etc

Brian Clement? He must be one of those naturopaths, right? Thats his degree. He is saying he is doctor, but not?

MIKE ADAMS went after Brian Clement!! No!! That is a riot, I have to google that. Thanks for the links.

Sincloud, What did Roger Haeske say? I am friends with his ex.

Maybe Doug has spiraled out of control.

I would rather watch raw food drama right now than my soap operas.

Doug does still have alot of fans. I respect him. He is old school for sure. Sproutarian man.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2014 04:45PM by coconutcream.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 07, 2014 04:40PM

I don't know how Brian Clements got a "free pass." We are people and make mistakes. But this mistake seens that it keeps drawing money by selling books writen by a Doctor (phd). No apology or nothing as long as the money keeps flowing his way. I wonder how is this going to end.

Date: October 07, 2014 04:47PM

So Panchito, if I lie and say I am a doctor and am not and take over a clinic and then do my live blood analysis and feed people raw food and heal them from cancer, am I still bad?

I dont even think he is a raw foodist, is he, I been to Hippocrates in Florida. The food was ghastly. It was like salad with blended garlic, avocados and a whole salad bar of sprouts. With only nothing for dressing, Sauerkraut and rejuvelac. It was not raw food gourmet. But hey some people like that. I gave it a try. Maybe my sweet tooth impeded me. Maybe I didnt give it enough of a chance. I would have made a nice tahini lemon garlic dressing. I do love sprouts And there was this lady, a big butch woman who tried talking me into staying there a few months, and she showed me a room where everyone jumps on those little trampolines.

Brian is not well known in the raw food guru community. Thats why I think he resonates on a cooked food level. I still think Hippocrates is a great place for healing.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2014 04:50PM by coconutcream.

Date: October 07, 2014 07:47PM

coconutcream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Brian Clement? He must be one of those
> naturopaths, right? Thats his degree. He is saying
> he is doctor, but not?

I don't think Brian Clement has said he is a naturopathic doctor (ND). The ND credential requires a degree and a license. Brian Clement may be a doctor of something though. He claims to have a PhD in biochemistry. PhD means "Doctor of Philosophy".

A person can have a PhD in just about any subject, and a PhD is considered an "advanced degree" in that subject.

But the question is whether Brian Clement really does have a PhD. And if he does, where did he receive his degree?

Usually, when a person posts a credential for an advanced degree after their name (like PhD), they're happy to say where it came from. Many fully accredited university programs around the country offer a PhD in biochemistry, and requirements include a substantial science background.

However, if the "degree" came from an un accredited source or a bogus accredited source, the required science may be little to nothing. Using the PhD credential would be misleading to the consumer. I always thought Brian Clement had a legitimate PhD. It comes as a complete surprise to me that maybe he doesn't.

I'm still waiting for a call back from Hippocrates Institute to confirm either way.

>
> MIKE ADAMS went after Brian Clement!! No!! That is
> a riot, I have to google that. Thanks for the
> links.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Mike Adams too. I wonder why the Brian Clement piece was removed from his article.

>
> Sincloud, What did Roger Haeske say? I am friends
> with his ex.

Roger Haeske's comments about these incidents can be found on his website. Here's a Roger Haeske post that also includes some interesting responses from previous fasters and from Harley: [rogerhaeske.com].

Another Haeske post: [rogerhaeske.com]

With all the documents and information, I got a little confused when I posted that Haeske's comments were on the SID. The SID includes "A Roger Haeske.com post by Irene Bojczuk", so it is Irene's post on the SID, not Roger Haeske's. Irene was fasting along with Leah at Graham's retreat.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: October 08, 2014 01:19AM

This is what Brain Clements says about him in this booK:

[www.amazon.com]

Brian R. Clement, PhD, NMD, LN, is director of the Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach, Florida. Dr. Clement, who has graduate degrees in both nutritional science and naturapathic medicine, has spent three decades researching and practicing nutrition.

The PhD granted institution has been questioned. All sources known indicate it is a fake degree ($50 mail order). But the other two can get him in jail if he turns out to be an impostor.

NMD title?

NMD = Naturophatic Medical Doctor [en.wikipedia.org]

Naturopathic doctors are licensed in 17 US states and 5 Canadian provinces.[38][39] In jurisdictions where Naturopathic doctor (ND or NMD) or a similar term is a protected designation, naturopathic doctors must pass the Naturopathic Physicians Licensing Examinations administered by the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners (NABNE)[40] after graduating from a college accredited by the Council on Naturopathic Medical Education (CNME).[27] Residency programs are offered at four of these colleges.[41][42][43][44] NDs are not required to engage in residency training except in the state of Utah.[2][45]

In 2005, the Massachusetts Medical Society opposed licensure based on concerns that NDs are not required to participate in residency and are trained in inappropriate or harmful treatments.[46] The Massachusetts Special Commission on Complementary and Alternative Medical Practitioners rejected their concerns and recommended licensure.[47]

Many naturopaths present themselves as primary care providers.[12][27] Doctor of Naturopathy training includes basic medical diagnostic tests and procedures such as medical imaging and blood tests, as well as vitalism and pseudoscientific modalities such as homeopathy.[1][11][12][32][48]

LN = Licensed Nutritionist/Dietitian. This is what this page says:

[www.sdbmoe.gov]

Licensed Nutritionist/Dietitian (LN)
**UNLICENSED PRACTICE AS A DIETITIAN/NUTRITIONIST IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE IN VIOLATION OF SDCL 36-10B. THE BOARD INTENDS THIS NOTIFICATION TO SERVE AS NOTICE UPON YOU THAT UNLICENSED PRACTICE IS UNPROFESSIONAL CONDUCT, A VIOLATION OF THE ABOVE CODIFIED LAWS, AND GROUNDS FOR DENIAL OF LICENSURE.**

Posted by: rawveggiemom ()
Date: October 08, 2014 02:29AM

Is this Roger Haeske the same one that was charged with hitting his kid?
I think since youtube there is more drama in the raw food world. People think their guru is right and the other person wrong.

Date: October 08, 2014 05:34PM

Rawveggiemom,

Maybe you should ask the people you heard this from where they got their information. Or maybe ask Roger Haeske?

Date: October 08, 2014 08:13PM

Raw veggie mom. Yes. Spanked his daughter on the butt so hard it was all red. Rainbow, the beautiful girl. I saw the photo shown to me privately. Made me sad. I was spanked with a belt or hanger as a child too. Vivid memory. Traumatic for me. But also how our parents were raised, they were raised with violence as the norm. It should be a private family thing, but its been made public with a court case and everything. I feel so bad, because for an entire year I did their savory green soups and all their recipes- I have made. They were a raw food power couple. I looked up to them. Its sad when wonderful people and parents break up. Also public figures. They might as well have had a reality show, I would have watched. they lived in paradise and the kids even made raw vegan videos. Its sad these days, when things on the internet can last forever. An attorney comes in handy when you want to clean up your history, they write pretty good letters. But now, its just a story that lives on publicly forever. If you ask me, I think they are good people and this was a glitch. But I do not know the whole story and we do not have mind powers where we can see the whole story. Bless all of them. They helped alot of people with their savory green stews ebook.
What did you think raw veggie mom..

Date: October 09, 2014 12:02AM

That's sad. I wish high schools would teach a course in how to discipline children without hitting them.

Time-out works! When they're little, you can sit with them and hold them firmly in a time-out spot until they calm down. Then let them go back to play when they say they are ready. Go get them again right away if they're not.

Once they've been taught to go to time-out, it's just a matter of telling them to go, then waiting for a designated time (2 - 5 minutes, depending on age), with no conversation/lecturing allowed. Timing in time-out begins with silence. Child speaks, timing starts over again. Discussion of the event may resume when time-out is over, if the child wishes. No parent yelling, threats, or smacks!

For really major transgressions, sending them to bed, early bedtime, or temporarily removing a possession (always after one fair warning, including the exact consequence) works very well.

I learned most of that from Head Start workshops (when my child was little), and so glad I did! I think parents often hit because they don't know what else to do.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables