Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Making the case for eating fruit
Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 04, 2015 04:15AM

CLICK HERE TO READ

What do you guys think of this article!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making the case for eating fruit
Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 04, 2015 04:34AM

True. No limits on fruit.

Also true: Whole fruit > dried fruit > juice.

But it's nice to include fruit in your juice if your juice incorporates greens! More vitamins and minerals, yay! To my mind, the entire purpose of juice is to get more nutrition from greens.

I totally believe we need to eat as many greens as we can.

Wild howler monkeys prefer fruit, for sure, and they gorge on it when it is in season. But their fallback position is young tender leaves.

I wish I could grow those edible young tender leaves.

Also: the fruit that the wild howler monkeys eat (mostly figs) is different from our modern cultivars, which have less protein, less EFAs, less vitamins and minerals than wild fruit. We can make up for these differences by incorporating greens.

So: Do not limit fruit. But also eat your greens, as much as you can!

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 04, 2015 05:23AM

The article was okay.

Through trial and error, I have learned that each different kind of fruit is unique and has different functions in the body, so I personally do not believe anyone that stereotypes fruit into one sugar category. Avocados, lemons and limes are all fruit, so people shouldn't make sweeping anti-fruit statements.

When I learned about the power of fruit, I started to detox with a lot of organic melons and aloe vera. I never knew I had deeply buried phlegm until they brought it out (plus other ripe organic fruit and herbs). My pulse teacher used to tell me that I had dirty lungs and I did not understand (because I was not a smoker) until the melons brought it out. I thought that after hundreds and hundreds of pounds of citrus juice, I had got rid of all my phlegm, but that was just throat and sinuses. THe melons cleaned my lungs. Then my teacher stopped saying that I had dirty lungs.

I mix sweet fruit with bitter and sour herbs. I can't imagine taking those very bitter herbs without sweet fruit.

At the same time, I wish Mike Arnstein would put warnings on his videos about how he got 26 cavities eating a lot of dates. It's not good that he and Victoria have so many videos praising dates and then a later video of him explaining how he doesn't eat dates anymore. Dried fruit seems to be very bad for the teeth if chewed. That is Mike's conclusion. I toss in dried fruit sometimes into my salad dressing when I blend it. It seems okay that way.

I once read about someone that ate a ton of unripe mangoes over weeks and perhaps months and lost some teeth.

It just seems that people need to understand the pros and cons of everything and strike a balance.

Date: January 04, 2015 06:49AM

Tai Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> When I learned about the power of fruit, I started
> to detox with a lot of organic melons and aloe
> vera. I never knew I had deeply buried phlegm
> until they brought it out (plus other ripe organic
> fruit and herbs). My pulse teacher used to tell
> me that I had dirty lungs and I did not understand
> (because I was not a smoker) until the melons
> brought it out. I thought that after hundreds and
> hundreds of pounds of citrus juice, I had got rid
> of all my phlegm, but that was just throat and
> sinuses. THe melons cleaned my lungs. Then my
> teacher stopped saying that I had dirty lungs.

Now THAT is very interesting, and l have woken up to a few things lately too. I never understood Robert Morse's ideas on cleansing with fruit, and l never understood the special cleansing power of non fresh fruit until recently. When l eat fruit my guns and teeth start to hurt, and someone here said that was a cleansing effect, but l was highly skeptical at the time. Now l realise many things...I realise that my gums are toxic and full bacteria or puss, and fruit brings it to the surface. I know this because when l don't eat fruit those symptoms go away and my teeth and gums feel strong again. It is not the fruit rotting my teeth like l once thought. I also notice my skin is even better with some fruit, especially watermelon.

I still prefer not to eat fruit, but l can see the benefits in doing so, and will make an effort to consume some more often. In fact, l bought 150 pounds of water melon yesterday because summer is here and l always do some fruit. I might even pick blue berries and do some apricots. Now l don't do so well on apricots but l like how they taste.

Dr Morse is right, fruit cleansing does go deep, more deep than other foods on certain parts of the body in my experience. It seems like various fruits effect various parts of the body in terms of cleansing, and it seem Dr Morse knows a thing or two about this subject. I need to study more into this, but the problem is that l don't like non fresh fruit, and in my country the fruit is often not ripe enough and way overpriced.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 06:55AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 04, 2015 07:26AM

If I had land to grow all of my own food, the majority of my diet would be fruit and coconut water. Imagine how great it would be to have most of your food in your backyard just waiting to be picked. Of course, I would still consume the algae's, bee products, sprout/grass juices, etc, but a never-ending access to high-quality, pristine truly fresh fruit would be amazing.

Date: January 04, 2015 07:43AM

TSM:
bought 150 pounds of water melon yesterday

Tai:
Hi TSM. Here is how I personally use watermelon. I peel the green skin off and I cut it up and save the center. I will eat the center with no seeds. The rest I juice. I almost never drink straight watermelon juice. I juice lemon and have it so that the juice is just a little sweet but still sour with lemon. Or I juice 2/3 watermelon and 1/3 orange, especially if the oranges are not perfectly ripe. I also like to juice a bunch of mint and add it to the watermelon so that the juice is green. Intense but pleasant.
THe watermelon is a diluter for your stomach, but you still need something medicinal to add to it.
I personally can imagine sugar problems, if you just had it straight. Sproutarian, you have no shortage of greens to add to it. Please don't just eat too much plain and then be disappointed.
When I say I cleaned my lungs with melons, it was more the green melons (there is so many exotic ones where I live, besides honeydew). Watermelon is good for the kidneys and colon.

TSM, to be very simple, Morse recommends lemons above all. TRy that first with the watermelon and see what you think. The greens are nice with it, but they are more builders.

Date: January 04, 2015 08:15AM

Hi Tai,

I have always had poor results when mixing greens with fruit or seaweeds with nuts/seeds in a blender, but l have never tried a mixture of greens and fruits as juice. I will stay open minded and see how l go.

The issue l have with lemon juice is that my teeth get very gritty and they start to squeek really bad. I gave up lemons because l felt l would soon have no teeth left if l continued drinking the juice. MAYBE l could drink the lemon juice and wash my teeth straight after. My teeth would actually jam/jar and squeek after lemon consumption, no jokes.

---

The mystery of fruit

I still wonder why non fresh fruit agressively cleanses parts of the body to a level that distilled water and fresh green juices don't. It is a mystery.

When you go 100% raw the sour taste of lemons is no longer detectable. I wonder why that is.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 08:18AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 04, 2015 08:29AM

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: January 04, 2015 11:42AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

> The issue l have with lemon juice is that my teeth
> get very gritty and they start to squeek really
> bad. I gave up lemons because l felt l would soon
> have no teeth left if l continued drinking the
> juice. MAYBE l could drink the lemon juice and
> wash my teeth straight after. My teeth would
> actually jam/jar and squeek after lemon
> consumption, no jokes.

I always now drink low pH juice through a straw. It works.

Brushing teeth right after they have been exposed to low pH fruit juice is not a good idea as the acid soften them. Wait to brush until the pH in your mouth has neutralized.

Date: January 04, 2015 11:53AM

I mainly credit following "Dr." Morse's cleansing with fruit advise with my having become pre diabetic. It has taken over a year to get my blood sugar and lipid panel tests back under control and I still have to be very strict with myself not to have repercussions with even low glycemic fruit. Needless to say I am FAR over being a fan of "Dr." Morse.

I wonder what ever happened to that poor woman "Babe" he kept cheering on in her something like over 300 days of just eating grapes. Bet she's not happy either - if she's even still alive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 11:58AM by SueZ.

Date: January 04, 2015 08:23PM

SueZ wrote:
Needless to say I am FAR over being a fan of "Dr." Morse.

Tai:
far over or far from?
I did the detox course work from Dr. Morse and became a distributor/wholesaler of his products. Since I am already a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist, I just tried them for my own understanding, rather than giving them to people yet. I do like his lymphatic formulas. I can see his wisdom in his critique of some of Schulze's ingredients. I fully respect him for some amazing successes with musculo skeletal and nerve conditions. I carefully listened to what his strengths and weaknesses are in comparison to the diet he recommends.

SueZ, your post here prompted me to read your introductory posts and I am sorry about your pre-diabetes and aging (skin issues and liver spots) from the HCLF diet. (By the way, raw fresh aloe vera can help with that, used both as a smoothie internally and external application. Lastly, I only think his diet works if you take his or similar herbs. Not taking herbs on that diet is too imbalanced in fruit.).

For me, since I already have a foundation in understanding the five elements, when I learn from someone like Dr. MOrse, Lou COrona, Brian Clement, Ann Wigmore, DR. CHristopher etc, I already see where the imbalances lie and I just zero in on the brilliant stuff. Each of those teachers has priceless gems to share.

For me, I have personally witnessed healings with animal glandulars, but I would never touch the stuff or give it to someone, because of several important reasons, one of which is possibility of infection, such as mad cow disease. Luckily in Chinese medicine, we have vegan herbs to tonify the glands. We have this one really tasty vegan formula for the adrenals. One day, if I ever get to see Dr. Morse, I will bring him some and I am sure he is going to be happy about all the alternative vegan formuals I can share with him. He is a really sweet guy, and he has done all he can do. He had a family early in life and if you hear his stories, he has been working really hard, so he doesn't have a lot of time to study, so he has a lot of holes in his knowledge. (The fact that he uses glandulars shows that he is not truly masterful in the herbal kingdom, which shows that he is not exact in his food recommendations. This is perhaps why even he cannot follow his own ideal diet.)

We have a saying in Chinese medicine that the more bitter you can take, the better person you are. Really delicious fruit is nice, but I honestly think it is there to balance out the bitter and sour herbs that can actually heal you. (The salty and pungent herbs don't really need sweet to balance them.) I use fruit as a tool, just like anything else. And I learned how to use fruit more specifically from Morse. But I do feel bad that due to ignorance, some people lost their teeth, etc, from not understanding balance, when enough is enough and when other food is needed.

The last thing I will say about him is that he is a great man for sharing his detoxification understanding on youtube. Yes, he is not perfect, but he had enough success to merit the sharing. And fullyraw Kristina, even though her diet is not perfect, is a living example of what Morse is trying to teach, just on the topic of food (not herbs). Fullyraw Kristina, again while not perfect, shows how common sense, sufficient fresh greens, and being in frequent contact with doctors can avoid the pitfalls of a high fruit diet.

Date: January 04, 2015 08:50PM

SueZ Wrote:

> I always now drink low pH juice through a straw.
> It works.
>
> Brushing teeth right after they have been exposed
> to low pH fruit juice is not a good idea as the
> acid soften them. Wait to brush until the pH in
> your mouth has neutralized.

Yes,l have heard that mentioned before a few years ago on another raw forum and never really understood it, but you stated it in a way l do understand. Thankyou for that.

SueZ Wrote:

> Needless to say I am FAR over being a fan of "Dr."
> Morse.
>
> I wonder what ever happened to that poor woman
> "Babe" he kept cheering on in her something like
> over 300 days of just eating grapes. Bet she's not
> happy either - if she's even still alive.

Yes, he has many crazy ideas on nutrition, and his credibility is highly questioned by many people for many different reasons. Some people report really good things under Dr Morse, but l wonder if his questionable advice has hurt some people. He even said that "raw people don't get deficient". He doesn't seem to live in reality nor practise what he teaches in the long term.

Doing some short term high fruit cleansing may be good, but we don't want to deprive ourselves of good nutrition over the long term by doing long term agressive cleansing. There has to be a balance.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: January 04, 2015 08:55PM

Tai Wrote:
> SueZ wrote:
> Needless to say I am FAR over being a fan of "Dr."
> Morse.
>
> Tai:
> far over or far from?
> I did the detox course work from Dr. Morse and
> became a distributor/wholesaler of his products.
> Since I am already a licensed acupuncturist and
> herbalist, I just tried them for my own
> understanding, rather than giving them to people
> yet. I do like his lymphatic formulas. I can see
> his wisdom in his critique of some of Schulze's
> ingredients. I fully respect him for some amazing
> successes with musculo skeletal and nerve
> conditions. I carefully listened to what his
> strengths and weaknesses are in comparison to the
> diet he recommends.
>
> SueZ, your post here prompted me to read your
> introductory posts and I am sorry about your
> pre-diabetes and aging (skin issues and liver
> spots) from the HCLF diet. (By the way, raw fresh
> aloe vera can help with that, used both as a
> smoothie internally and external application.
> Lastly, I only think his diet works if you take
> his or similar herbs. Not taking herbs on that
> diet is too imbalanced in fruit.).
>
> For me, since I already have a foundation in
> understanding the five elements, when I learn from
> someone like Dr. MOrse, Lou COrona, Brian Clement,
> Ann Wigmore, DR. CHristopher etc, I already see
> where the imbalances lie and I just zero in on the
> brilliant stuff. Each of those teachers has
> priceless gems to share.
>
> For me, I have personally witnessed healings with
> animal glandulars, but I would never touch the
> stuff or give it to someone, because of several
> important reasons, one of which is possibility of
> infection, such as mad cow disease. Luckily in
> Chinese medicine, we have vegan herbs to tonify
> the glands. We have this one really tasty vegan
> formula for the adrenals. One day, if I ever get
> to see Dr. Morse, I will bring him some and I am
> sure he is going to be happy about all the
> alternative vegan formuals I can share with him.
> He is a really sweet guy, and he has done all he
> can do. He had a family early in life and if you
> hear his stories, he has been working really hard,
> so he doesn't have a lot of time to study, so he
> has a lot of holes in his knowledge. (The fact
> that he uses glandulars shows that he is not truly
> masterful in the herbal kingdom, which shows that
> he is not exact in his food recommendations. This
> is perhaps why even he cannot follow his own ideal
> diet.)
>
> We have a saying in Chinese medicine that the more
> bitter you can take, the better person you are.
> Really delicious fruit is nice, but I honestly
> think it is there to balance out the bitter and
> sour herbs that can actually heal you. (The salty
> and pungent herbs don't really need sweet to
> balance them.) I use fruit as a tool, just like
> anything else. And I learned how to use fruit
> more specifically from Morse. But I do feel bad
> that due to ignorance, some people lost their
> teeth, etc, from not understanding balance, when
> enough is enough and when other food is needed.
>
> The last thing I will say about him is that he is
> a great man for sharing his detoxification
> understanding on youtube. Yes, he is not perfect,
> but he had enough success to merit the sharing.
> And fullyraw Kristina, even though her diet is not
> perfect, is a living example of what Morse is
> trying to teach, just on the topic of food (not
> herbs).

BRILLIANT POST!!!Dr.

Tai Wrote:
> Fullyraw Kristina, again while not
> perfect, shows how common sense, sufficient fresh
> greens, and being in frequent contact with doctors
> can avoid the pitfalls of a high fruit diet.

That is highly debatable. If you check various aspects of her blood results with the medical literature you will see that there are a few big question marks. The LDL - Trig ratio is one main concern where she reaches a ratio of 1:5, which speaks very poorly for her tests, but there are other issues. Regardless of the diet, the ratio and other blood results raise major concern for the long term. I beleive she used to be pre diabetic, and maybe this diet isn't as suited to her as it is with some other high fruit eaters. She may look healthy now, but l done done a lot of examination into her blood work and there are many serious things going on according to the literature....it basically reads like a nightmare ready to happen. I just wish she would read this and seek a few other opinions from various doctors. I don't want to scare her, l want her to be safe.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 09:03PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: January 04, 2015 09:03PM

Tai, I strongly disagree with you about most of these people you have mentioned. I was a fan and now I am not of Dr. Morse, to answer your question, and I was taking a huge amount of herbals at the time when I hit the wall. I had done my homework and had spared no expense to do it right.

I don't know how many of my early posts you read, and I'm tired of rehashing it over and over but I'll just say that I am doing a lot, including aloe, for my skin and that a vegetarian dermatologist with fabulous skin told me he thought my skin problem was reversible. When I told him I had been on a hclf diet and that I was getting the majority of my calories from fruit he said "Oh no, that's too much fruit, don't do that." But ultimately the proof was in the blood tests for me .

Too bad Kristinafully... has a doctor that said her bad bloodwork results were ok. She will suffer, over time, from who she's listening to and the way she's eating, IMO. Insulin resistance from too much sugar can, and does, cause many formally thin people to get fat. She seems to be heading in that direction to me. I wish her well but I am certainly not a fan of her teachings.

Date: January 04, 2015 09:05PM

SueZ Wrote:

>
> Too bad Kristinafully... has a doctor that said
> her bad bloodwork results were ok. She will
> suffer, over time, from who she's listening to and
> the way she's eating, IMO. Insulin resistance from
> too much sugar can, and does, cause many formally
> thin people to get fat. She seems to be heading in
> that direction to me. I wish her well but I am
> certainly not a fan of her teachings.

Yes, l have done hours of research on her blood work and it is NOT good on many levels. She has also put on more weight recently.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: January 04, 2015 09:26PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:

> hm, I think... Old Covenant vs New Covenant is
> like fruitarian and sproutarian. They're both..
> somewhat opposed to each other it seems? or can
> they work in unison. You can't eat fruits if
> everythnig is so denatured though, there is no
> garden of eden. Sprouts is the "new covenant".

In this toxic world we can use some fruits in combination with sprouts, but imo the sprouts should be a prominant part of the diet in the current world we live in for many people with average health and family history.

The safest diet we can be eating today is a diet based on sprouts, and l have come to that conclusion after decades of research. Now...structuring the diet is the key, for it is an artform that can years to appreciate. The beauty of the sprout diet is that it is so flexible, e, we can adjust carb - fat - protein ratios very easily, alter micronutrient ratios, exceed rda's and get a level of enzymes/phytochemicals and nutrition that no other diet can match, + it is fresh and FULL of light.

Now...why is fresh food important? One major reason that a high level spiritual master says is because they are full of light energy, and if you are not enlightened the light going into your body is very limited, so high raw FRESH food is essential for non enlightened people to partly make up for the lack of light in one's body. You see many raw fooders who still have ego, hatred, agression etc...that is because they don't have enough light imo, so best to eat the raw sprouts to get that light. Before enlightenment and the sprout diet l was agressive, but all the light from a 100% raw sprout diet made me a sweet loving man...it tames the savage beast within, BUT you don't see that with many raw vegans living on non fresh shop bought produce because many still have issues. I say to them all, eat FRESH non store bought food and get more light into your body and you should see a big difference. Look at John Kohler, a decent part of his diet is fresh and he has a beautiful personality....he is happy and lives on good levels of light. How many raw vegans are truely happy and thriving???

The master is right imo, it is all about the light. Non enlightened people need to eat FRESH to be at their best, but enlightened people can afford to do more cooked food if they desire because they have abundant light already coming into their body.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 09:32PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: January 04, 2015 10:35PM

SueZ
Tai, I strongly disagree with you about most of these people you have mentioned.

Tai:
Let me clarify. I already was a licensed acupuncturist and herbalist when I learned from Dr. Christopher, Dr. Morse, Lou Corona, etc. Chinese medicine is thousands of years old, but a lot was lost with the book burning by the CCP and the coveting of secrets, so there is holes in it. I have done well to fill in a lot of holes by taking tools I have learned from those people. Each has some brilliant protocols for certain conditions. Like TSM said, short-term cleansing diets are safe. I think I made it clear that I don't agree with Morse on his long term diet plan. It's like going to a thrift store and looking for the great deals. I have the capacity to read for hours on end, wading through material very patiently, until I find some gems (and then testing it on myself and friends first) and I personally never fell for dangerous advice, but I empathize with those that did.

I am basically saying don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

In regards to fullyraw Kristina...her eyes changing color was really just toxins getting cleared out of her. In iridology, if you truly have brown eyes, they will never turn blue/green. But if you naturally have blue/green/hazel eyes, they can be obscured by toxins, which can be cleared out. Many people have called iridology bogus, but few have ever done the work required to cleanse tissue deeply. Whether or not Kristina's diet is good for the rest of her life is irrelevant: it was good for some years for HER specifically, especially because money was no obstacle, and she could get the best of the best, also because of her past diet (the pendulum swings both ways).

And SueZ, I am not saying high fruit is good for everyone. I don't recommend a one-size fits all diet or herbal program. I believe in constitutional eating, which can be vastly different for each person. I am just saying Kristina is like a poster child for his diet; that there is someone out there that was able to detox, clear up their eyes and not lose their teeth from this diet. I do not understand how she tolerates so much sweet fruit, like so many dates (I seriously doubt if dried fruit or dates helped in anyway to clear her eyes up, and think that she could have found an alternative energy source).

Date: January 04, 2015 11:43PM

Tai Wrote:
> For me, since I already have a foundation in
> understanding the five elements, when I learn from
> someone like Dr. MOrse, Lou COrona, Brian Clement,
> Ann Wigmore, DR. CHristopher etc, I already see
> where the imbalances lie and I just zero in on the
> brilliant stuff. Each of those teachers has
> priceless gems to share.

You know I really have to address this because it's been bugging me more and more all day. Your personal position made it easy for you to cherry pick gems. I understand that. I do it all the time in areas that I am familiar with but when we are dealing with people's health I think the bar must be higher because people are turning to raw veganism mostly without knowing anything about it and are getting hurt by following the advise they are getting from people who are self proclaimed experts that have earned graduate school level degrees who have done no such thing.

It's one thing to follow the advise of someone who has no vetted training and admits it. Most people understand that and have accepted it as an inherent risk should they choose to follow their advise. It's a whole different story for most of us who take the advise of a person who claims to have earned legitimate degrees when, in reality, they have not. That is a deception calculated to gain the position of unearned authority and to win trust.

N.D. is a legitimate degree. As I, and hopefully others have learned from KFCA's research, there are very few accredited N.D. providing schools in the world. Most of the people claiming N.D. degrees have not been through the rigorous 7 years of higher education people are trusting them to really have earned when they plaster it next to their name.

As N.D. is a real bona fide VETTED degree. I, and many others, have put trust in those who claim those degrees that at least they have been competently vetted. That trust has been betrayed.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: January 04, 2015 11:48PM

Arugula, so you are saying that greens should be the "backup plan". I think so too optimally.

Tai, so you just coughed up phlegm on a melon diet? Ew thats detox.

jtprindl, it is possible to grow every kind of tropical fruit tree, ever been to FRUIT AND SPICE PARK in Miami? I snuck out so many seeds and grew them all. But I moved and my mom threw out all my baby trees in buckets out.

At the same time, I wish Mike Arnstein would put warnings on his videos about how he got 26 cavities eating a lot of dates. It's not good that he and Victoria have so many videos praising dates and then a later video of him explaining how he doesn't eat dates anymore. Dried fruit seems to be very bad for the teeth if chewed. That is Mike's conclusion. I toss in dried fruit sometimes into my salad dressing when I blend it. It seems okay that way.

26 cavities? Dates? Michael Ornstein said this? What was everyone's response?

I bet you that is why they all drink date-o-rade.

I heard cavities always start on the inside. But not sure if its true in all circumstances..

People can convince themselves of anything so testimonials are not 100% truth sometimes.

Fullyraw Kristina tells people to see their doctor?? WHAT? The death centers?

She has also put on more weight recently.
Can you link to the fat Kristina photo or video? Little kids watch her youtube. My three year old follows her.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2015 11:56PM by coconutcream.

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 05, 2015 12:26AM

ZueS Wrote:

<<<Insulin resistance from too much sugar can, and does, cause many formally thin people to get fat. She seems to be heading in that direction to me. I wish her well but I am certainly not a fan of her teachings.>>>

All the best selling anti-carbohydrate diet books cite the work of Gerald Reaven, professor of medicine at Stanford University. And they all misinterpet that work says Reaven.

[www.living-foods.com]
Jeff N

>>>>>yet 1000s of people who don't change their activity level, but only change their diet to a high protein/low carb one rapidly lose weight. Although it’s not a healthy diet....it does make people lose weight.>>>>

This is not exactly what the research and literature shows. Actually it shows the opposite...

Follow along....

Gerald Reaven, MD, has served as director of the Division of Endocrinology & Metabolism & the Division of the Gerontology at Stanford University School of Medicine. He is now professor of medicine at Stanford and VP of clinical development at Shaman Pharmaceuticals of South San Francisco, CA. Reaven is the author of more then 500 scientific papers. His new book, Syndrome X: Overcoming The Silent Killer That Can Give You A Heart Attack, was published this month by Simon & Schuster.

SYNDROME X: The Risks Of High Insulin

All the best selling anti-carbohydrate diet books cite the work of Gerald Reaven, professor of medicine at Stanford University. And they all misinterpet that work says Reaven.

Reaven's research first recognized that people with high blood insulin levels have an elevated risk of heart disease. He coined the term "Syndrome X" to describe the cluster of heart-threatening abnormalities in those people. And he showed that a high carbohydrate diet could raise their insulin - and presumably their risk of heart disease even further.

Now Reaven has written his own book, Syndrome X: Overcoming the Silent Killer That Can Give You A Heart Attack. "I Worte the book beacuse I got so upset about the MISINFORMATION in the other books, " he explains.

Q. What causes insulin resistance?

A. We know that the ability of insulin to do its job varies about 10-fold in healthy populations - not counting diabetics. Probably half of that is genetic. The other half- the other 2 major players - are how heavy you are and how fit you are.

Obesity has been overplayed because most studies haven't taken into consideration that obese individuals are often sedentary. If you take objective measures of fitness versus obesity, you
end up getting roughly equal impact. So maybe 20 -25 % of your risk of insulin resistance depends on how heavy you are and maybe another 20-25% depends on how fit you are.

Q. Nothing else effects insulin resistance?

A. Smoking makes it somewhat worse, moderate drinking, one or two servings of alcohol a day - makes it somewhat better, but these are trivial compared to being fat or unfit.

Q. Does insulin resistance cause obesity, as many diet books claim?

A. Absolutely not. Years ago, we put people with different degrees of insulin resistance on dramatically different diets - in one study carbohydrates were either 85 or 17 % of calories. The only thing that affected their wt was how many calories they ate. More recently, we have published long- term studies showing that wt gain is unrelated to how insulin resistant people were when the studies began. And wt loss with the low calories diets is also unrelated to the degree of insulin resistance.

So there is not one shred of evidence that insulin resistance cause obesity.

Q. Would you expect it to?

A. No. If you think about it, the notion that insulin resistance causes obesity is unreasonable. Insulin resistance means that the insulin isn't acting correctly. So, if you don't have enough insulin or if your cells aren’t responding to the insulin, you can’t deposit glucose into cells. If anything, you would lose weight.

Q. Theory aside, is it possible that low-CHO, diets help people lose weight by curbing appetite.

A. There isn't a great deal of evidence that any given diet will make you eat more or less. There are such enormous psychosocial effects on appetite that is hard to separate out changes caused by what's in the diet.

Q. Which lifestyle changes are most important?

A. The most powerful are how much you weigh & how fit you are. If your insulin resistant and overweight and you lose wt, you become less insulin resistant. And you stay that way as long as you keep the weight off. The average overweight person would benefit by losing only 10 to 15 pounds.

Whether or not you lose wt, exercise also makes you less insulin resistant. But if you stop exercising, you lose the benefit. So its relatively transitory compared to the benefits of wt loss.

Q. What do you think about The Zone diet?

A. Carbs don't make you fat, and insulin doesn't make you fat as the book claims. Calories make you fat. It’s like a bankbook. It’s a matter of how much you put in and how much you take out. The more you eat and the fewer calories you burn up, the heavier you will get. The law of thermodynamics, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't been repealed recently. What's more, the
physiology behind the Zones good and bad eicosanoids has NO scientific basis.

1. J Clin Endocruin. MEtab 83: 2773, 1998
2. Metabolism 48:989,1999
3. New Eng J Med 334:953, 1996
4. J Clin Invest. 45:1648, 1966
5. J clin Endocrin Metab. 83:3498, 1998
6. J Clin Endocrin Metab. 84:578, 1999
[www.living-foods.com]

Date: January 05, 2015 12:32AM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:

<<<The LDL - Trig ratio is one main concern where she reaches a ratio of 1:5, which speaks very poorly for her tests, but there are other issues. …Yes, l have done hours of research on her blood work and it is NOT good on many levels.>>>

Hey TSM,

WHY DO YOU DO THIS???

IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR MEMORY???

[www.vegsource.com]
Subject: Re: Fully Raw Kristina - CHANGED HER EYE COLOR
Date: October 1, 2014 at 7:00 pm PST

In Reply to: Re: Fully Raw Kristina - CHANGED HER EYE COLOR posted by temp on October 1, 2014 at 1:27 pm:

At least Sproutarian didn't keep harping on about this once it was pointed out to him it was a NON-FASTING blood test result but you do. Are you really that thick?

If I see the same results with a fasting sample then I would re-valuate.
[www.vegsource.com]

Once again, there are so many things that you do that really make me suspect!!!

ARE YOU REALLY THAT MYOPIC OR WHAT???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 12:42AM by John Rose.

Date: January 05, 2015 12:49AM

Oh brother. All of the air just got sucked out of the room and then was blown back in at us like a giant stinking fart.

Date: January 05, 2015 01:06AM

SueZ wrote:
As N.D. is a real bona fide VETTED degree. I, and many others, have put trust in those who claim those degrees that at least they have been competently vetted. That trust has been betrayed.

Tai:
I hear you.

Coconutcream wrote
Tai, so you just coughed up phlegm on a melon diet? Ew thats detox.

Tai:
It was more complicated than that. After eating many melons over some weeks (plus other fruit and food and herbs), I developed an asthma-like condition (for maybe a week or two), especially when I would eat organic heirloom honeydew or similar green melon. I have treated wheezing and asthma so much in people and I never had asthma before, so I could identify that it was detox and not real asthma. It also was very mild. The more melon I ate, the faster the detox occured until finally, yes phlegm came, but I could tell it was being pulled out very deep. Voila, when it all came out, it was gone. And I could tell that those melons were priceless in my detox, but it takes understanding to tell what is detox versus what is food sensitivity. One key thing is that the food must be organic, because pesticides can cause all kinds of problems.

Coconutcream:
26 cavities? Dates? Michael Ornstein said this? What was everyone's response?

Tai:
You should really study this. You owe it to you and your kids. Look at Swayze Foster and Tim Van Orden. Do not succumb to tooth decay via inadequate minerals and greens and excess sugar. You ask about responses? THe fruit group is in denial and blaming everything from not drinking enough water to not brushing properly, to everything but the sugar. I think the one thing that most people can agree on is that chewing massive quantities of dates and not brushing your teeth impeccably will spell trouble.

Date: January 05, 2015 01:08AM

Tai Wrote:

> In regards to fullyraw Kristina...her eyes
> changing color was really just toxins getting
> cleared out of her. In iridology, if you truly
> have brown eyes, they will never turn blue/green.
> But if you naturally have blue/green/hazel eyes,
> they can be obscured by toxins, which can be
> cleared out. Many people have called iridology
> bogus, but few have ever done the work required to
> cleanse tissue deeply. Whether or not Kristina's
> diet is good for the rest of her life is
> irrelevant: it was good for some years for HER
> specifically, especially because money was no
> obstacle, and she could get the best of the best,
> also because of her past diet (the pendulum swings
> both ways).

Bespoke diets are the future, + reasons why most raw vegans will never succeed under current teachings by raw food leaders

Now this is something l really want to address, long term v’s short term diet requirements and tailoring a diet to the seasons. The raw movement has been taught a robotic approach in that one diet ratio fits all, ie, low fat high carb is always best, and this rigid highly questionable science is why most will fail imo. Instead of Christina altering her macronutrient ratios to improve blood lipid work, she is has very limited tools available because she adheres to rigid thinking as taught by raw food leaders, and when you have limited options to change the diet according to one’s needs, problems can raise their head. Let me explain better in the next paragraph.

We know that some people do better on higher fat and lower carbs, and others do better on higher fat and medium carbs etc, and seasons can affect the macronutrient ratio requirements for an individual, so we need to avoid working with such rigid eating models currently taught in the raw movement if we are going to have any hope of helping lots of people succeed on a raw diet long term. For eg, during the cooler months l will eat high fat and low carb, but during the warmer months my body tells me to go medium fat and medium carb, so l eat more legumes and fruit in the hot weather and less fat. In Christina’s case she may be advised to alter her diet to the current time in her life to get the blood results more optimal. But the problem is that nobody is really teaching bespoke diets properly, so people don’t know how to eat according to seasons and certain periods in their life because we basically get taught a one diet fits all approach when it comes to macronutrient consumption, and this outdated robotic approach traditionally taught by raw food leaders will mean that a raw food diet may not stay relevant to one’s needs because it is virtually impossible to tailor to an individual, so high failure rates will occur.

A big problem we have in the raw movement is profound ignorance because most people lack strategy because they lack knowledge because they have only been taught raw food 101. We get high fruit vegans say that when they have higher fat they feel less good, BUT...l say this…have you tried higher fat for 2 months?...have you tried changing the diet to add a lot more greens in to compensate for higher fat?...have you considered adding in algaes and seaweeds to further compensate for high fat? But people have phobias of various foods pumped into their heads, and people have phobias of low carb higher fat, so people never try different things long enough through experimentation because their dietary ideas are locked in a small box.

People talk about eating to individual needs, but that is all `fluff-talk’ because there is no strategy behind those empty words.

We need flexibility in the diet, but we need to get rid of the rigid thinking before we have any chance of helping lots of people succeed on raw vegan diets. Bespoke diet teaching is the future = eating to one’s age, eating to the seasonal requirements (this idea far surpassed any season food ideas), developing micronutrient and anti nutrient strategy, developing macronutrient strategy, eating fresh etc etc. Even my beloved Dr Clement still teaches inside a box with limited tools, N.H is even more boxed in, but Gabriel Coisens gets it, but people need to understand bespoke diets by developing knowledge and consciousness so they can use his brilliance to benefit. This stuff can be partially taught, but one must develop a wisdom whereby they can make their diet an artform, and that can take years to learn.

I haven’t even said a fraction of what l am going to say on this, and l will provide extensive writing on bespoke diets, because this IS the future if we wish to help people stay raw vegan. I am not the hero or guru here, l am only giving the world the info that the higher beings have given me…they told me 20 years ago what my role was, and by gee, l am going to do it, and we are going to think about diet in a way we never have before. We have abundant tools in the raw vegan diet, but we don’t use them much and we consequently have limited success.

I am so pumped up for the future of raw veganism, but we need to drop the old robotic thinking and move forward with bespoke diets. I am not against natural hygiene or high fruit diets if it works for people, but l am against adhering to rigid dietary ideas because it doesn’t work. I am all for bespoke diets because that IS the future!!!

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: January 05, 2015 01:16AM

John Rose Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
>
> <<>>
>
> Hey TSM,
>
> WHY DO YOU DO THIS???
>
> IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOUR MEMORY???
>
> [www.vegsource.com]
> 66.html
> From: Paul (49.182.21.122)
> Subject: Re: Fully Raw Kristina - CHANGED HER EYE
> COLOR
> Date: October 1, 2014 at 7:00 pm PST
>
> In Reply to: Re: Fully Raw Kristina - CHANGED HER
> EYE COLOR posted by temp on October 1, 2014 at
> 1:27 pm:
>
> At least Sproutarian didn't keep harping on about
> this once it was pointed out to him it was a
> NON-FASTING blood test result but you do. Are you
> really that thick?
>
> If I see the same results with a fasting sample
> then I would re-valuate.
> [www.vegsource.com]
> 66.html
>
> Once again, there are so many things that you do
> that really make me suspect!!!
>
> ARE YOU REALLY THAT MYOPIC OR WHAT???

John, l also posted science to show that this non fasting result is highly questionable. The point is, non fasting results can still keep the trigs high and LDL low for a long period of time, and this means the high trigs etc will be a reality for much of the person's day when not fasting.The recent science over-rides the old thinking on fasting blood levels. If there wasn't the new science to put question over the old fasting blood work ideas l would agree, but we now suspect this is old idea is not as accurate as once thought. I want to get to the truth John, and l am NOT going to lock myself into long loved ideas if there is now science to put question on the old science.

John, lets try and get to the truth and use information available. We need to look at these issues with open eyes.

btw John,l did harp on about the non fasting blood work a few week later.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 01:24AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: January 05, 2015 01:41AM

THeSt0rm Wrote:

> Yeah so anyone who isnt freemasonic will bespoken
> for
> they will not be freemason, they will be masons.
> masons under freemasons

Bespoke means nothing to do with speaking for another person etc, it means something that is a fully customised to the individual's needs.

Eg = a bespoke car is hand built with all the features you desire.
Eg = a bespoke suit is made in the colour,fabric, design you want and a size made specifically for it's owner etc.

Bespoke = something which is completely unique for the person, and no-one on Earth has the same thing. It is as individual as you will ever get.

Date: January 05, 2015 01:56AM

Why are Triglyceride Levels Higher on a Low Fat Diet?

If we consume and expend 2,500 Calories a day and 45% of those Calories that we consume and expend are Fat, 45% are Carbohydrates and 10% are Protein, then it will take just over 12 hours to digest those Fats at a rate of 93 Calories an hour.

However, if we consume and expend 2,500 Calories a day and 45% of those Calories that we expend are Fat, but 90% of our Calories that we consume are Carbohydrates eaten in 2 meals, then it will only take about 4 hours to digest those 2250 Carbohydrates, 1125 of which are excess Carbohydrates.

So it takes ~12 hours to assimilate 1125 Calories of Fat (2,500 X .45) and it only takes ~4 hours to assimilate those 2250 Carbohydrates, 1125 of which are excess Carbohydrates that are converted to Fat and they are DONE so much quicker and easier than had we consumed Fat.

So why are Triglyceride Levels Higher on a Low Fat Diet?

It’s because Carbohydrates, ESPECIALLY FRUIT, are easier and quicker to assimilate. Excess Carbohydrates are STORED as FAT FASTER than FAT is STORED as FAT and it is healthier to have Higher Triglyceride Levels than it is Lower Triglyceride Levels, unless these Levels are associated with Metabolic Syndrome, which is impossible on a relatively Low Fat Raw Vegan Diet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 01:57AM by John Rose.

Date: January 05, 2015 02:13AM

John Rose Wrote:

>
> It’s because Carbohydrates, ESPECIALLY FRUIT,
> are easier and quicker to assimilate. Excess
> Carbohydrates are STORED as FAT FASTER than FAT is
> STORED as FAT and it is healthier to have Higher
> Triglyceride Levels than it is Lower Triglyceride
> Levels, unless these Levels are associated with
> Metabolic Syndrome, which is impossible on a
> relatively Low Fat Raw Vegan Diet.

I can see what you are saying John, but is it really an ideal position to be in under those circumstances? Do the same rules of the problems of high trigs - low LDL apply to fruit diets?...there is nothing to say the high fruit diet will be an exception and offer protection in these circumstances. I really think we need to create for more certainty and implement safety measures until the science sheds more light on high fruit diets, because we don't want to put ourselves in a possible risk category. No-one can really be sure if the LDL/trigs ratios on the high fruit diet is safe for people, so l suggest people take precautions when faced with this situation.

I know Christina is one of your star pupils, but lets keep an open mind to all of this. While the jury is out, lets play it safe and get those ratios better just in case. And it not only about the trigs - LDL ratio, various other things are questionable, but then again, those other questionable blood results may be fine for Christina's situation, but best to keep a close eye on things.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2015 02:14AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: January 05, 2015 04:13AM

I don't think the long term high fruit raw vegans I know of eat a lot of dates. Just a few times a year or once a month in a pie or something. They recommend and eat a high water content diet.

Date: January 14, 2015 11:34AM

Tai Wrote:
> SueZ wrote:
> As N.D. is a real bona fide VETTED degree. I, and
> many others, have put trust in those who claim
> those degrees that at least they have been
> competently vetted. That trust has been betrayed.
>
> Tai:
> I hear you.

Tai, and now, as a truth seeker, you must hear this. I have looked into "Dr." Morse's degrees and they are anything but real.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables