Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

modern science on longevity
Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: January 15, 2015 04:54PM

[www.theguardian.com]

This was like reading something from a different planet than one in which conscious eaters inhabit. Millions upon millions of dollars being spent to combat 'age related diseases' with some wonder drug. Its crazy. I wonder what it would be like if that kind of money was being spent on nutritional studies, herbs , super foods, etc. Instead of killing these poor rats with the promise of 120 year life span for humans on the premise that along with age one automatically accumulates disesases

What are your thoughts? I see how one person like Gabriel Cousens can make so much progress reversing diabetes and other ailments approaching it with sound nutrition, can't help but think what it would be like if there were more like him with this kind of financial support

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2015 04:56PM by tezcal.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: modern science on longevity
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 15, 2015 05:11PM

Thast was posted here:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Dumb people are asking pharmaceuticals how to stay alive longer. It looks like rich people trying to throw money at the age problem and the expected mechanism is through drugs. The problem is that research is institutionalized and biased towards new products and profits. Nobody makes money from recommending cheap vegetables and avoiding expensive and luxurious dinners that catter the life style of rich people. Society has been brain washed to believe in that model as life succees. Thus, the whole motivation to succeed is stained by the story of the perpeuating the current damaging lifestyle and using drugs to keep living while expending money. There are new insights that derail the unsustainable story of the pharmacuticals. To start, pharmacutical drugs are damaging to health and hasn't been enought time to prove it as dissease causing because the cycle of new products is short. There is a new lurking antiaging product every month. Sicence institutions has been bought but society accepts it. Nobody wants to imitate the lifestyle of the Okinawans for example because it is boring and cheap. Doesn't burnt rubber or smoke the tires like the American consumers believe it should. Ok, enough talking smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2015 05:19PM by Panchito.

Date: January 15, 2015 05:28PM

Very well said panchito. Seems as though the only thing that will encite change is an economic collapse. And even then people would rather likely suicide than 'starve' from not having their steaks and ribs.

And my bad, didn't see that thread.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: January 15, 2015 05:33PM

Everyone is always looking for a magic pill or silver bullet for health issues instead of taking responsibility for their actions. They want to continue their health damaging habits and addictions without any consequences. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. There is no magic pill, it doesn't exist. And if it does exist, it's somewhere out in nature yet to be discovered, not in a pharmaceutical laboratory. If I had millions of dollars to put towards personal longevity, I would stock up on super foods and super herbs and plant a fruit jungle in my backyard instead of wasting money paying other people to try and conjure up a drug.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: January 15, 2015 08:29PM

I will always have a fondness for Aubrey de Grey. I remember him from the early usenet days when he used to post to the longevity group, before he was famous. When his mother died, he inherited $11 million and put most of it towards SENS.

Those google people: what do you do when you have more money than what you could possibly spend in a lifetime? Conquer death, of course.

They are in it to make a lot of money.

Ideal lifespan gives you maybe a max 20% edge. They think this is kid stuff. Plus it's free and they are all about money.

They are not just looking at pills and gene therapy. They also want nanobots to clean all the advanced glycation end products from your body, repair your damaged DNA, genetically modified bacteria to eat damaged proteins, stuff like that.

What interests me the most is how badly many of these people have aged. Craig Ventor, obese. Cynthia Kenyon, wow did she get old fast. She used to be cute, but she is one of those Atkins paleo-type bacon lovers who thinks sugar is a poison. Etc.

Another thing that interests me is whatever star-trek tools they come up with, they will be available only to the ultra rich. And you can bet they will be super hyped up way beyond their actual efficacy.

Keep on doing what you are doing. You will have the last laugh.

There is much money to be made by psychopaths when you get sick. So don't get sick.

Date: January 16, 2015 03:26AM

ja ja love pics. Lets take a look at the experts that will save the millioners

Craig Ventor 1946

"John Craig Venter is an American biochemist, geneticist, and entrepreneur."

Cynthia Jane Kenyon 1955

"Cynthia Jane Kenyon is an American molecular biologist and biogerontologist known for her genetic dissection of aging in a widely used model organism"

Loren Cordain 1950

"Loren Cordain (born October 24, 1950) is an American scientist who specializes in fields of nutrition and exercise physiology. He is notable as an advocate of the Paleolithic diet[1] and a researcher into paleolithic nutrition"

Sally Fallon (the best for last)

"Sally Fallon Morell is the co-founder and president of The Weston A. Price Foundation. According to the WAPF, she received a B.A. in English from Stanford University and an M.A. in English from UCLA.[4]"

Date: January 16, 2015 10:29AM

Love those pics! They really do say a million words, don't they!

Date: January 16, 2015 08:00PM

you can SEE how much wrong they were with their theories. Though they made (and they still got victims) a good living selling their theory. Nowhere to hide that.

Date: January 16, 2015 08:57PM

But sugar kills! Eat more bacon!

I see how that bacon is working out for Dr. Kenyon. And Ms. Fallon. And Prof. Cordain.

LOL.

Let them kill themselves with their silly diets. I only wish they didn't have to kill so many animals in the process.

Date: January 17, 2015 12:37AM

man, those people look rough and nasty. it's too bad raw veganism looks like a joke from the outside. such a small amount of people in the population are raw vegan, and even in that small faction there is a large percentage of public 'failures', not many people seem to get along in a civilized manner on these boards, the whole douglas graham being an out of license chiropractor giving out quack advice, the immaturity and vanity of the 80/10/10 people trolling any youtube vegan video with their teeth rotting out of their heads, and now all these gurus trying to present themselves with fake degrees like brian clement. if i hadn't read the very balanced, well written, and well researched 'conscious eating' before seeing all this mess i would have thought the movement was a joke.

Date: January 17, 2015 01:17AM

Dr. Cousens is also a shyster with a shady history.

But yes, he has done some amazing things with type 2 diabetics, although he has not published his results in any respectable journal. Fuhrman tried to gain respectability by publishing with Dr. Campbell's help but he cheated and Dr. Campbell dissociated himself from any involvement.

Unfortunately very few people can stick with his plan, or any raw vegan plan for that matter. It is very extreme to the general public.

So it will always remain an elusive ideal for the masses.

I think the problem with this movement is that it promotes magical thinking and feeds on the very vulnerable who are desperate for a cure.

It attracts sick people (physically) and sick people (mentally). Such people are easy prey for charlatans.

Don't worry about it.

Take the good, drop the bad, do the best you can and don't worry about the rest. But please do not develop any deficiencies along the way.

If you want to be a good example, don't be crazy and don't get sick!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables