Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

powsimian explains tavis
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: February 02, 2015 07:24AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: powsimian explains tavis
Date: February 02, 2015 09:03AM

The man's mouth is moving but nothing is coming out except babble, and very smug too.

This 15 second video describes his content perfecty:
[www.youtube.com]

He also seems a good regurgitator who can't think for himself when he tells people what to eat based on what John Mc Dougal and Dr Campbell tells people to eat, and seems to think high carb is the only way.

Can't believe l wasted 15 minutes of my life on this video, one of the most pointless inane rambles l have ever heard. He also recommends drinking 1 liter of water before bed, hmmm.

This man has now peaked my curiousity. Who is this man?

Wow, over 3,000 people have subscribed to his youtube channel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 09:05AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 02, 2015 10:07AM

I never heard of him but I think he is making good points on Tavis
Why spent 8 hours drinking some kind of tonic with salt and cayenne peppers?

Date: February 02, 2015 10:37AM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never heard of him but I think he is making good
> points on Tavis
> Why spent 8 hours drinking some kind of tonic with
> salt and cayenne peppers?

People claim it is working well for them, so something good is coming out of it. If l understand this right, the contracting and expanding idea seems to work the body in order to bring forth conductivity (more energy utilisation).

I am certainly not going to run down his idea until l understand it better because he seems to know something we don't.

Many of his ideas and foods seem wierd, but maybe that because he is very advanced and the ideas are above my head. I am opening my mind to his foods and want to know more about what these foods do.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 02, 2015 11:39AM

It is very good to have an open mind, there is always something to learn.

And that is the beauty of this forum, we share experiences and learn.

Those tonics may make sense for some who are on a diet heavy on oils, they may need some expansion and contractions to release all those oils from their system.

But when sprouts and indoor micro greens are the basis of your diet, you may not need cayenne pepper, and all those tonics. You are already on a self cleansing diet.

Tavis' tonics are trying to solve a problem that his own diet is creating.

He is providing solutions to a problem that does not exist in my universe.

So the solutions are not the problems, the problem is the original premise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2015 11:40AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: February 02, 2015 12:22PM

RawPracticalist Wrote:
> It is very good to have an open mind, there is
> always something to learn.
>
> And that is the beauty of this forum, we share
> experiences and learn.
>
> Those tonics may make sense for some who are on a
> diet heavy on oils, they may need some expansion
> and contractions to release all those oils from
> their system.
>
> But when sprouts and indoor micro greens are the
> basis of your diet, you may not need cayenne
> pepper, and all those tonics. You are already on a
> self cleansing diet.
>
> Tavis' tonics are trying to solve a problem that
> his own diet is creating.

Yes, l am convinced that Tavis' diet is not the only way, it is one of many possible ways imo. There is never just one way with diet or creating good energy flow.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 02, 2015 11:21PM

What is his diet, anyway? It seems to be based on mystical mumbo jumbo. His website is empty on my browser.

Date: February 02, 2015 11:48PM

arugula Wrote:
> What is his diet, anyway? It seems to be based on
> mystical mumbo jumbo. His website is empty on my
> browser.

Yes, that is the problem he will face. If he starts talking mystical mumbo jumbo (so easy and tempting to do) he will alienate many people and be called a man of pseudoscience. I feel he is right on many things, but if he keeps on talking the funny talk he will do himself no favours.

I wish l could talk mystical mumbo jumbo all day long, but l need to stick with the science and only bring up occasional mystical mumbo jumbo as a theory put forth.

Vegans love talking mumbo jumbo, but they are getting their faces rubbed in the dirt for doing so.

Date: February 03, 2015 01:10AM

seems like he eats fruit and things like cayenne, salt, peppercorns, oils, not sure on veggies

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: February 03, 2015 01:30AM

I don't mind the mystical mumbo jumbo as long as its spoken from direct experience.

If science and mds and doctors had it all figured out, united States wouldn't be the location of the largest population of obese people as I just read today. I don't work healing people like tai, so my stories aren't as great, but I have met a great deal of rich, intelligent people who have good doctors while working at a juice bar in whole foods. So, so many of them are severely overweight, unhappy, and appear to be headed for an early grave. One lady attempted to use juices and smoothie to help lose weight. her older fat husband makes millions in the oil industry. She got some sort of infection in the colon and her doctor told her it was the extra veggies she had been consuming. So now she absolutely won't consume either smoothies or juices, discourages othrers to do so, and had all sorts of cosmetic surguries to the point that she hardly looks recognizable.

I'm sure this doctor also read a lot of studies in his day. Has a degree. Although I would still trust someone like Travis, or even some phony doctor like clement, over her doctor.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 03, 2015 02:05AM

A side note:

The man recommends to sleep 10 hours. I used to watch durianrider and I can understand that after a long marathon bike ride sleeping 10 hours. But this seems a strange number for the average sedentary person. Isn't one of Ann Wigmore's claim to fame that she had a reduced need for sleep on her diet, according to eyewitnesses? I can say truthfully that when I take the time to do high raw fresh greens and more raw salads, I wake up earlier and more refreshed compared to when I don't.

If someone is sedentary to moderately active, I would think sleeping 10 hours reveals a health problem.

Also, recommending that amount of water drinking cannot be applied to everyone. Look at the Gerson program, which Freelee and DR often refer to, which recommends 3.5 quarts of juice daily, plus herbal tea and soup, and cautions against filling the stomach with too much water, lest one not have the space for the juice. I am not saying Durianrider's/Doug's/811's water approach is wrong or bad or inferior in the proper context, but one cannot make a sweeping generalization.

To mention in passing...Max Gerson found that most oils were not good for cancer. He found that flax oil was tolerated without repercussion in his cancer patients. Since his passing more exotic oils have been introduced. Wonder what he would think now...

Date: February 03, 2015 02:09AM

good points Tai.

recommending amounts of sleep is absurd .
sometimes i need 5 sometimes i need 10

Date: February 03, 2015 09:58AM

Yes, this idea of recommending certain amounts of sleep comes across as quite silly. The key is to get enough sleep to feel rested. As Fresh said, sometimes your body will need longer sleep and sometimes it needs shorter sleeping times. When one does powerful meditation they can cut their sleep in half and sustain over long periods without any problems.

Brian Clement always brought up studies done by `so called' worldclass sleep experts and always said that a person needs between 6.5 - 8.5 hours. Sleeping less or longer than these hours was contributed to diseased states.

Ann Wigmore would sleep between 1.5 - 3 hours per night apparently, and her friend Joyce Oliveto never saw her in bed and she claims no-one ever did see Ann sleep. Then again, she was a sproutarian and sproutarians never get time to sleep because they are too busy growing the sprouts LOL. Kulvinskas never had enough sleep either because he was always busy growing the sprouts, and Sproutman also says he never had any time in the past because he always grew the sprouts. And l never have any time either, because l am always growing the sprouts too. And it sounds like the member Living Foods has little time because he is always growing the sprouts too. Sproutarians are slaves to their garden so they have no option but to get up in the middle of the night and sleep when they are dead.

I do find that going to bed before 2 hours before midnight is very important if one wishes to feel well rested on little sleep and to feel properly balanced. But just as important is getting up early with loads of enthusiasm to start the day with the motivation to help others....you don't just roll out of bed, you jump out of bed excited to start the day. And soon as you get upyou should be as bright as a light, if you aren'tlike that you may need to work on it because it takes discipline and time to make it work....this is coming from someone who always needed lots of sleep and woke up extremely tired for decades and wouldn't really come alive until 4 pm...basically l was dead on my feet all day until late noon. Never felt really rested, just tired....even felt like that as a kid, getting out of bed was like torture.

People who want to visit or phone sproutarians need to make an appointment. Friends and family always must plan in advance because sproutarians have NO time. Sproutarians don't just come to the phone and talk for hours or go out for hours, everything is planned carefully to a schedule.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 10:09AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: February 03, 2015 03:08PM

tezcal Wrote:

> If science and mds and doctors had it all figured
> out, united States wouldn't be the location of the
> largest population of obese people as I just read
> today.

Doctors know that if they tell people to eat only
fresh whole fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds, that
99% of the people will not do it.

I do not blame the doctors. I blame the patients.

I have a very good friend who was an exquisite beauty
in youth. She is now over 200 lbs and complains of
aches, pains, nausea, acid reflux, etc. all the time.

But we reached an impetus about diet. She does not
want me to bug her about hers.

Most people don't want to have to put any thought into
what they eat. They don't care where it comes from, they
don't care what had to happen for it to get on their plate,
and though they may say they care about how badly they
feel and look, most don't care enough to make a significant
lifestyle change.

Gabriel Cousens said something like less than 1% of the
people can do this. It would be nice if that were 99%;
most doctors would be out of business, but I do not see
that happening any time soon.

Take away the government subsidies on bad foods, the fast
food, the junk food, the profit motives, and we would see
more people eating well.

I think the government has more to do with our current
disaster than doctors.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: February 03, 2015 03:38PM

Maybe its just a Texas thing, but I have only been to one fit doctor in my life, and he looked as though he was using some sort of performance enhancing drug. So I disagree and can't blame it all on the patients.

Date: February 03, 2015 09:19PM

arugula Wrote:
> tezcal Wrote:
>
> > If science and mds and doctors had it all
> figured
> > out, united States wouldn't be the location of
> the
> > largest population of obese people as I just
> read
> > today.
>
> Doctors know that if they tell people to eat only
> fresh whole fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds,
> that
> 99% of the people will not do it.
>
> I do not blame the doctors. I blame the patients.
>
> I have a very good friend who was an exquisite
> beauty
> in youth. She is now over 200 lbs and complains of
>
> aches, pains, nausea, acid reflux, etc. all the
> time.
>
> But we reached an impetus about diet. She does not
>
> want me to bug her about hers.
>
> Most people don't want to have to put any thought
> into
> what they eat. They don't care where it comes
> from, they
> don't care what had to happen for it to get on
> their plate,
> and though they may say they care about how badly
> they
> feel and look, most don't care enough to make a
> significant
> lifestyle change.
>
> Gabriel Cousens said something like less than 1%
> of the
> people can do this. It would be nice if that were
> 99%;
> most doctors would be out of business, but I do
> not see
> that happening any time soon.
>
> Take away the government subsidies on bad foods,
> the fast
> food, the junk food, the profit motives, and we
> would see
> more people eating well.
>
> I think the government has more to do with our
> current
> disaster than doctors.

My original doctor did not think diet had much to do with health, nor did they know what vitamin B5 and B6 was, so l sacked them. I found new doctor, currently back to 100% raw vegan for the past 4 years, teaches meditation, exercise, juice feasting, diet etc. Has written various raw food books and studied with David Wolfe and Juliano. It is nice to have a raw vegan M.D with this experience. He introduced me to Mr Kearns.

[www.wellsphere.com]

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 09:19PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: February 03, 2015 10:24PM

I do find that going to bed before 2 hours before midnight is very important if one wishes to feel well rested on little sleep and to feel properly balanced.

It's interesting you say that. I once read in a book a few years ago that the ideal time for sleep is between 10pm-2am and that if you are awake much past 10pm you are losing out on the majority of the benefits gained by sleeping.

Other people say that an hour of sleep before midnight is worth two hours of sleep after midnight.

I stay up too late most nights doing research and other things, but I need to change that habit and start going to bed at 10pm every night.

Date: February 03, 2015 10:48PM

Living Food Wrote:
> I do find that going to bed before 2 hours before
> midnight is very important if one wishes to feel
> well rested on little sleep and to feel properly
> balanced.
>
> It's interesting you say that. I once read in a
> book a few years ago that the ideal time for sleep
> is between 10pm-2am and that if you are awake much
> past 10pm you are losing out on the majority of
> the benefits gained by sleeping.
>
> Other people say that an hour of sleep before
> midnight is worth two hours of sleep after
> midnight.
>
> I stay up too late most nights doing research and
> other things, but I need to change that habit and
> start going to bed at 10pm every night.

Yes, l was a late nighter all my life, often going to bed 2am. Once l got to bed at 9 or 10 pm l found l could sleep less and wake up refreshed. I now do much of my sprouting and research in the middle of the night after a deep and short sleep. The various spiritual raw vegans people l know go to bed before midnight and wake up about 1 or 2am. If l go to bed late l fall apart these days and feel tired. Once you develop a good cycle things improve.

One spiritual 100% fruitarian l know goes to bed at 11 pm each night and wakes up at 1am and then meditates until 7 am each morning and the gets ready for a 12+ hour work day.

I know lots of meditators who will get togeather at 1am or 2am to meditate all night on Friday and Saturdays. Mr Kearns often leaves his house in the middle of the night to meditate with like minded souls.

Who comes out late at night? A = the bad people and the people who wish to become divine high level beings. smiling smiley

The sproutarians and people aspiring to be divine high level beings live very different lives from most people, and it is a good life.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 10:51PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 03, 2015 11:07PM

arugula
But we reached an impetus about diet. She does not
want me to bug her about hers.

Perhaps you mean impasse rather than impetus.

Date: February 03, 2015 11:39PM

Full moon tonight winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2015 11:41PM by Living Food.

Date: February 03, 2015 11:55PM

Living Food Wrote:
> Full moon tonight winking smiley

Oh yes, the full moons and new moons are the time when the real power develops. I always get excited at those times.

Meditating in a fly wire tent under the full moon all night is also good. Got to talk communicate with the moon also, she won't have the power of the sun because she is not as high level, but she can impart some power to help impart frequencies to us.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: February 04, 2015 04:06AM

Prana Wrote:
> > But we reached an impetus about diet. She does
> not
> want me to bug her about hers.
>
>
> Perhaps you mean impasse rather than impetus.

tongue sticking out smiley

Yes, sorry!

Date: February 08, 2015 11:28PM

One spiritual 100% fruitarian l know goes to bed at 11 pm each night and wakes up at 1am and then meditates until 7 am each morning and the gets ready for a 12+ hour work day.

I know lots of meditators who will get togeather at 1am or 2am to meditate all night on Friday and Saturdays. Mr Kearns often leaves his house in the middle of the night to meditate with like minded souls.

Who comes out late at night? A = the bad people and the people who wish to become divine high level beings.

Sounds awesome, but the drawback I see is that you would be missing the best time to meditate by far (when the Sun is at its peak). But I understand that with the way most jobs work it is very hard to have that time free to meditate so I guess compromises must be made.

I feel a special feeling/energy very early in the morning before dawn, so perhaps there are good benefits to meditating at that time too.

The sproutarians and people aspiring to be divine high level beings live very different lives from most people, and it is a good life.

I couldn't agree more!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables