Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Food Fight?!?
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 11, 2015 04:17PM

It's a new day, let's argue about food, who's first ;?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Food Fight?!?
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: February 11, 2015 04:44PM

Wouldn't it be great if we all shared ideas on how we could help others instead of bad mouthing others and their version of Raw Food?

Date: February 11, 2015 05:20PM

Would be nice John, the incessant fighting gets old...

Posted by: Living Food ()
Date: February 11, 2015 05:30PM

Life is far too good to argue. If people are going around arguing all the time it just shows they don't have the divine contentment that comes from within.

Life is amazing!!! smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Date: February 11, 2015 05:53PM

What kind of person gets upset by the opinion of someone else???
A=someone who doesn't know his/her true self.

Why get so upset about food? The very spiritual monks in ancient times would live on bread and water alone and their way of life would put any of us to shame. We focus so much on diet and health yet act like 2-year-olds, whereas these people eating a highly deficient cooked diet were the epitome of virtue. What we feed our body is only one kind of food, and it is the least important kind. What we we feed our mind is even more important, and what we feed our soul is of supreme importance.

Even if you eat the cleanest, purest raw vegan foods, many on this forum are poisoning their minds and souls with their thoughts and actions. A healthy body is worth nothing because it will wither away and decay, but a healthy soul is paramount because it's all you have when you leave this world.

Yes, it is very important to feed the body the best foods possible, but it is also very important to feed the mind and soul healthy, nourishing food. It's easy to tell by observing the actions of various posters here that they are feeding their minds and souls with toxic junk instead of healthy fare.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 14, 2015 03:13PM

The spiritual monks were most of the times in fasting mode. They ate very little.
They were not sick not because of the food they ate but because of the food they did not eat.
They were very skinny and did not live long.

It is true that our state of mind is the major key to our happiness and health but the quality of the food we eat is very important too. For me when I am in pain from the wrong eating, I cannot meditate.

Bad and processed food change our mood, make us angry, unhappy, ready to fight, that is the real food fight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 03:16PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: Anon 102 ()
Date: February 14, 2015 03:22PM

Are you s-hitting me? This forum would be dead without the diet wars. Why do you think there's so few people banned? John Kohler rubs his hands in glee everytime there's a war going on smiling smiley.

Not to mention the hordes of lurkers who act holier than thou by keeping out of the wars but devouring every single word of every post as if their lives depended on it, which it probably does. smiling smiley

Date: February 14, 2015 03:53PM

At least we are fighting about ideas, life style, not land, no one dies from this.

Date: February 14, 2015 04:19PM

RawPracticalist wrote:
"At least we are fighting about ideas, life style, not land, no one dies from this."

Me thinks WE need to take these ideas out into the landscape or they'll never make sense. That's the missing piece...

Date: February 14, 2015 04:41PM

You are right, the german philopher Hegel said the same thing, Plato or Jesus ideas could not be made real without human institutions

We need new institutions

Hegel took a very positive view of institutions and of the power they can wield. The insight of an individual might be profound. But it will be ineffective and transient unless it gets embodied in an institution. Jesus’s ideas about suffering and compassion needed the Catholic Church to take them to the world. Freud’s ideas about the complexity of childhood didn’t become a properly constructive force until they got organised, extended and institutionalised at the Tavistock Clinic in London.

The point is for ideas to be active and effective in the world a lot more is needed than that they are correct. This was a point Hegel made again and again in different ways. In order for an idea to be important in a society it needs employees and buildings, training programmes and legal advisors, Institutions allow for the scale of time that big projects need – much longer than the maturity of one individual.

The essential function of an institution is to make the major truths powerful in society. (And an institution loses its way when it stops having a profound mission). So, as new needs of a society get recognised they should, ideally, lead to the formation of new institutions.

Nowadays, we might say we need major new institutions to focus on relationships, consumer education, career choice, mood management and how to bring up less damaged children.
[thephilosophersmail.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 04:42PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: February 14, 2015 04:50PM

They were not sick not because of the food they ate but because of the food they did not eat.

There may be more to the story than that.

They were very skinny and did not live long.

I do not believe this is true. Many of the monks did spend nearly all day in prayer/meditation and so may have been quite skinny, but especially in old times when most monasteries were built in very harsh environments many monks worked hard all day doing manual labor and still thrived despite eating very little.

As to them not living long, it has been said by some that the monks lived to advanced ages far surpassing that of the ordinary people of the time. But even if they did live short lives, so what? It is not quantity but quality that counts in this life. A man may live to 200 but leave this planet a worse and more tarnished soul than when he arrived, and a man may live to be only 20 but leave as a much purer soul because of his way of life. It is far better to live a short pious life than a long deluded one.

Bad and processed food change our mood, make us angry, unhappy, ready to fight, that is the real food fight.

Agreed.

Date: February 14, 2015 04:58PM

Me thinks WE need to take these ideas out into the landscape or they'll never make sense. That's the missing piece...

NuNativs, I am sincerely curious about this. If you believe that global food forests are the way to save this planet, what are you doing to make it happen? From what I remember I believe you said you live in an RV and follow the sun across the country. That sounds awesome, but I imagine it would make it difficult to settle down and grow a food forest since you are always on the move. Have you thought about going on a lecture circuit as you cross the country and inspiring others to fulfill this dream wherever you go? Youtube is one thing, but being in front of a dynamic speaker in person is far more convincing and has a much greater impact on people (has to do with vibrations).

NuNativs, maybe this is your purpose for being here. Living the free unfettered life is one thing, but if you have a dream you should spread it far and wide because maybe it is your gift to this planet.

Date: February 14, 2015 05:23PM

I personally disagree with the idea that in the name of spirituality, the body has to starve, be depraved of the essential earthly elements.

These monks accomplished great things for living on bread alone but they could have even accomplished greater things had they nourished their body properly.

Most of these monks have learned the art of mastering the pain from illness in their body. That is the wrong approach.

We need a new breed of spirituality where the body is fed raw living food and the mind is fed with love and peaceful thoughts.

The Mother Teresa of the world are gone, they were most of the time sick. we need more of the Gabriel Cousens, the healhty and spiritual

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2015 05:30PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: February 15, 2015 12:54AM

Some of them (spiritual wannabes) did starve their bodies. They had great intentions and wanted to mimic the great monks of the time, but they didn't have the connection so they suffered physically. But some tapped into a non-physical source of food and their bodies thrived and did far better than you could on raw food alone, raw food being a cheap knockoff of the life-sustaining vibrations of the Creator.

That's enough woo woo talk lol. Back to our regularly scheduled programming winking smiley

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 15, 2015 01:31AM

When I was 7 I visited a monastery in the Peloponnese with my family.

[www.peloponnese.eu]

It was first built in 342 AD.

The monks were really nice to us. One thing I still remember is that they did not use deodorant. I still remember that smell!

They fed us, too. We had lentil soup with their homemade bread. It was divine! I still remember that taste!

They also drank their own wine, which they sell. They were not deprived in any way. They looked so happy.

Date: February 15, 2015 02:14AM

Well there are many ways to go from point A to point B, from the bottom to the top.
You can starve your body and live only on spiritual vibrations or you correctly feed your body and make it a temple of the divine. I prefer the later, it is a shorter path.
Food is not the enemy, especially when it is raw and fresh.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 02:15AM by RawPracticalist.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables