Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Re: water and sprouting/soaking
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 25, 2015 05:48PM

Howdy!

I remember discussing this before but cannot recall the answer. When germinating a seed (like for buckwheat sprouts or clover), is reverse osmosis and distilled not good? Will it either prevent or limit germination? I have been buying spring water when I am intent on sprouting. Tap water contains chlorine, which is not good for trying to sprout something but doesn't seem to curtail the sprouting if I use it to rinse the sprouts. However, someone on here may have said never to use distilled and RO water.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: February 25, 2015 06:33PM

Distilled water may leech minerals from your seeds but from my experience doesn't limit germination. I add about 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to distilled water, shake in a mason jar and then use that water for soaking seeds.

Date: February 25, 2015 09:55PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Howdy!
>
> I remember discussing this before but cannot
> recall the answer. When germinating a seed (like
> for buckwheat sprouts or clover), is reverse
> osmosis and distilled not good? Will it either
> prevent or limit germination? I have been buying
> spring water when I am intent on sprouting. Tap
> water contains chlorine, which is not good for
> trying to sprout something but doesn't seem to
> curtail the sprouting if I use it to rinse the
> sprouts. However, someone on here may have said
> never to use distilled and RO water.

Never ever use distilled water for soaking seeds under any circumstances! According to Dr Finney's science thesis it greatly leaches minerals from the seeds. But when seeds are soaked in mineral rich water it greatly mineralises the seeds to significant levels according to at least three science papers I have viewed. For eg, if we soak seeds in mineral rich waters it has been observed that zinc levels can increase 300% in zinc and 200% in calcium etc etc. If you want to halve your mineral levels in the seeds, soak in distilled or RO water.

www.thesproutarian.com

Date: February 25, 2015 09:57PM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Distilled water may leech minerals from your seeds
> but from my experience doesn't limit germination.
> I add about 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to distilled
> water, shake in a mason jar and then use that
> water for soaking seeds.

btw, when l advised to use 1/4 teaspoon,l was wrong. It doesn't need to be near that much salt. Just add a pinch, but also get a filter with rocks in it, that will also help add minerals to the water.

You should see the set up of Mr Kearns, it is incredible, just like a laboritory. He used RO water which is then further filtered to remove any bacteria and then has a system which runs the water over rocks like a river. He used about 5 or six processes and filters. His water set up is something that needs to be seen to be believed. He is a real water freak, and he tests it daily with all this equipment. He also washes in it. No chemicals ever touch his skin from water, even when he does dishes.

Even his walls are set up like a faraday cage, and he has this faraday dome go over his head when he sleeps at night. He also meditates 10 hours or more a day in a faraday cage. He has a radiation monitor going 24/7 which beeps when it detects any radiation. His house is almost completely radiation free (rare for any place to be radiation free). He also has a legal notice posted on the outside of his house warning of prosecution if they try to force a smart meter on him. They have tried and tried to force it on him, but they never win. You've never met anyone like Mr Kearns.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2015 10:09PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: February 25, 2015 11:25PM

"btw, when l advised to use 1/4 teaspoon,l was wrong. It doesn't need to be near that much salt. Just add a pinch, but also get a filter with rocks in it, that will also help add minerals to the water."

I know it doesn't need to be that much but I can get lots of pink Himalayan salt for relatively cheap so it's not too big of an issue. But I do use less for watering than I did before.

"Even his walls are set up like a faraday cage, and he has this faraday dome go over his head when he sleeps at night."

What does he do this for?

Date: February 25, 2015 11:49PM

jtprindl Wrote:

> "Even his walls are set up like a faraday cage,
> and he has this faraday dome go over his head when
> he sleeps at night."
>
> What does he do this for?

Because of the radiation from cell phone towers (yes, they give off some radiation from 1 or 2 kilometers away) and from neighbours who use wifi/cordless phones etc. Radiation is EVERYWHERE. His living area was very close to people who would use wifi computer, and every time they switched it on his radiation detector would buzz like crazy. A single strength faraday cage blocks out 75% of the radiation, but a double strength block it all out. None-the-less, a small amount still gets in his house because of the windows and doors, but it is minimal. When he drives his car or rides his bike he is also getting zapped.

And when he meditates with friends he always brings his radiation detector with him, and if they have their mobile switched on he MAKES THEM switch it off. He would also like them to take the batteries out, but he doesn't go that far. And when the friends say their phone isn't on he says it is because the radiation detector is signalling them out and he won'tleave them alone until they switch it off.

SOLUTIONS
1). First we need to throw out all the modern day light bulbs and put LED’s in.
2). Put a faraday cage around the smart meter like this. But NEVER cover the front of the meter because the energy builds up and will cause a fire. Only around the meter. This is made by putting tin foil between two pieces of wire mesh.

Note: put a lock on your smart meter, and when a man comes along to get a reading you say to him "l need to pop out for a while and look for the key, so if you come back in an hour l will have the meter box open for you". When he is away reading other meters you take the foil faraday cage thingee out and put it back after he has read the smart meter. It is a game of hide and seek. Lots of people are doing this around the world now. It is not lying because popping out can mean going outside in the yard and coming back again, + you throw the key on the top of the cupboard so you need to look for it. No lies. smiling smiley

3). Then we put a piece of foil/wire mesh behind the wall where the smart meter is installed. This will block the radiation from coming into the house. This will stop the smart meter collecting radiation from other meters up the street, so when it can’t get the proper energy reading from the network it will pass the radiation peaks down the street to another house (I forget the proper explanation, but Mr Kearns explained it to me). However,some smart meters have antennas,so things need to be done slightly different.

Put this on the back of the wall where the smart meter is attached to. All you do is hang up a picture to cover the wire.

4). GET RID OF THE CORLDLESS PHONE!!!!!!!!! Buy a phone with a cord. You can still use a mobile sparingly, but the cordless phone emits HIGH levels of radiation 24/7. It MUST go!!! It is worse than the smart meter, and a Ph D insider who tests these things for technology companies was ordered not to make the studies public.

Those are the main EMF wave emitters. If you can get rid of the cordless phone you will be ¾ of the way there.

Those faraday examples are only single strength. Best to do double strength with two layers of foil in between.

Date: February 26, 2015 12:02AM

Do you know of any ways to reduce EMF's from wifi and computer cords?

Date: February 26, 2015 12:18AM

jtprindl Wrote:
> Do you know of any ways to reduce EMF's from wifi
> and computer cords?

Yes, make something like this and put over the router. Notice how the faraday cage goes higher than one's head, it needs to be that way. Make it double strength. Also, put the router on pegs so it is elevated so the radiation doesn't seep under the bottom of the faraday cage. Put little holes in the back of the cage so the cords can go through. Still, much better to get rid of it,therefore show people the science and try to get them to change away from wifi.

So yes, if someone lives with you who has wifi, there is no need to panick, but absolutely insist on doing this as posted in the picture.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2015 12:20AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: February 26, 2015 12:32AM

What is that and how do you make it? What is it covering, the router and cords?

Date: February 26, 2015 01:08AM

I also use a pink Himalayan salt lamp in my room which is where my laptop is which is supposed to improve air quality while reducing EMF's.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 26, 2015 08:50PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> jtprindl Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Distilled water may leech minerals from your
> seeds
> > but from my experience doesn't limit
> germination.
> > I add about 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt to
> distilled
> > water, shake in a mason jar and then use that
> > water for soaking seeds.
>
> I am thoroughly confused because jprindl advised using that amount of sea salt! You merely said to use mineral-rich water which begs the question: is jprindl your
sock and you are having a conversation with yourself? winking smiley

> btw, when l advised to use 1/4 teaspoon,l was
> wrong. It doesn't need to be near that much salt.
> Just add a pinch, but also get a filter with rocks
> in it, that will also help add minerals to the
> water.
>
> You should see the set up of Mr Kearns, it is
> incredible, just like a laboritory. He used RO
> water which is then further filtered to remove any
> bacteria and then has a system which runs the
> water over rocks like a river. He used about 5 or
> six processes and filters. His water set up is
> something that needs to be seen to be believed. He
> is a real water freak, and he tests it daily with
> all this equipment. He also washes in it. No
> chemicals ever touch his skin from water, even
> when he does dishes.
>
> Even his walls are set up like a faraday cage, and
> he has this faraday dome go over his head when he
> sleeps at night. He also meditates 10 hours or
> more a day in a faraday cage. He has a radiation
> monitor going 24/7 which beeps when it detects any
> radiation. His house is almost completely
> radiation free (rare for any place to be radiation
> free). He also has a legal notice posted on the
> outside of his house warning of prosecution if
> they try to force a smart meter on him. They have
> tried and tried to force it on him, but they never
> win. You've never met anyone like Mr Kearns.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables