Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sun is a Great Healer!!!
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: March 22, 2015 07:01PM

I read a really interesting article and interview today between Dr. Joseph Mercola and Dr. Alexander Wunsch and here are some of the highlights.

The first section is out of sequence, but I placed it first because it has to do with Biophotons!

DM: There’s another question I forgot, which as we were talking initially popped into my mind. That’s if your familiar with the work of Dr. Fritz-Albert Popp. I’m not sure if he’s still alive, but he’s a really major pioneer. He’s German, of course.

AW: Yeah.

DM: He popularized the concept of biophotons, which I think is widely disregarded in our country. I don’t know that any scientist would agree with that. But I think he’s provided us some really compelling scientific evidence that these exist. Do you have a moment to comment on that?

AW: Yeah. The fact is you can measure those biophotons. When you think about chemistry, just simple chemistry, every chemical reaction goes along with an exchange of photonic energy. You have to charge up one atom, and the other atom has to take the charge over if this atom wants to go into a chemical reaction with another atom.

When we imagine that in a single cell in our body, we have I think 10 up to 14 or 10 up to 15 cells our body is composed of. In each of these single cells, in every second, we have around 100,000 chemical reactions going on in order to maintain the processes of life, the biological functions. There are some methods to measure if there is light coming from a living cell. In fact it is light coming from it. These biophotons, which are produced by biological reactions, biochemical reactions, I think you cannot say they are not existing because you can measure them.

But most of the scientists, they will not be willing to believe that these biophotons have anything to do with the regulation of the chemical processes. This is kind of strange because, as a scientist, you should not go into “believe” or “not believing” things. We are coming back in a way to the start of our interview that I, at a certain point, got to the conclusion, came to the conclusion that if you only look at biochemistry, you only look at 50 percent of the truth. The process of life is only understandable when you take biophysical and biochemical processes into account at a portion of 50 percent each. The biophysical part is fairly covered by this biophotons theory. When you go deeper into these topics…

I was lucky to meet Dr. Fritz Popp several times when he was still in good shape. I think to my actual knowledge, he is still alive, but he is not well. [He’s] very sick. Anyway, he did a very important work.

He was not the first to discover these biophotons as you might know. The first traces of awareness that biophotons are existing or that there are luminous emission processes from living tissue date back into the 1920s to a researcher in Russia. I’m pretty convinced that we will understand better and better in the near future how important light on the cellular level in fact is to keep us alive and to keep us healthy. As soon as we are able to influence these processes in a better way than we can do it today…

DM: So…

AW: Yup.

DM: In the past, I had suggested that these biophotons might be one of the reasons why eating food in its raw state is possible, one that makes sense. It might be one of the reasons to explain this additional benefits, because the biophotons could actually be an additional source of nutrients that we aren’t getting from cooked food or food that’s wilted or picked long after its ripeness. I’m wondering if you that seems to make sense, or if it violates your understanding of biophotons.

AW: I would agree that biophotons are surrogate marker for the liveliness of food. If you have dead food – and if you have processed food, it’s biologically dead – you will not be able to measure biophotons from it. I’m not sure about the different mechanisms in which the photons from the food really interact with us.

DM: But it may be a marker for other things that do.

AW: If you have just a dead matter, and this you can tell, for example, with food. Big food companies, as far as I know, use the biophotonic measurement in order to monitor the quality of their product.

DM: So, these large food companies are using this equipment to determine that?

AW: Yup.

DM: That’s not widely known. I wasn’t aware of that.

AW: The problem is that if you make this official that you are using the biophotons to monitor the quality of your products, for example, you will have a problem, because in the scientific world, it’s not fancy to admit that you are working with light in a way that you look at the more subtle aspects of light. In Germany, it was always a good recipe to end a conversation with a scientist to talk about the more subtle effects of light, because then they always thought you are a religious or esoteric person. This is on one hand.

On the other hand, we have this year, the International Year of Light issued by the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The purpose of this International Year of Light seems to be to bring the effects of light more into the consciousness of the public. We all should be aware of the fact that when the sun would stop shining, nothing would live in two or three days anymore on this planet. When we are eating, we are eating transformed light. We can prove this scientifically, as you know.

I think even if we are not able to overestimate the influence light has on our biological system as a whole, it starts on the single cells and it ends in our consciousness, in our mental functions. Light is a symbol in our culture, which will always be our companion.

Here is the beginning of the interview and introduction by Dr. Mercola…

DM: By now you’re probably aware of the importance of vitamin D. Ideally, it’s best to get it from the sun, not only for the benefit of vitamin D but for a whole variety of other reasons. Hi, this is Dr. Mercola, helping you take control of your health. Today we are joined by Dr. Alexander Wunsch, who is coming to us from Germany. He’s a physician there in holistic medicine and photobiology. He’s also the CEO of Medical Light Consulting in Heidelberg, Germany. He believes, like I do, that the sun is a great healer. We’re really excited to have him here today to enlighten us on this important topic. Welcome and thank you for joining us, Dr. Wunsch.

I thought that this section was especially interesting because our sun tan is also a “reflection of the light from your bloodstream” which explains why those who turn to a Raw Food Diet no longer burn as they used to on Dead Food.

2:00 MM
AW: We have to discriminate between the tanning (which comes from natural light sources like what comes from the sun, as the only natural light source) and the tan (which comes from artificial light sources). There in fact are significant differences if you expose your skin to natural sunlight in a diligent way. The tan has, for example, a very specific color, because it’s not only the gray tone of your skin, which comes from the melanin bodies, it’s also the reflection of the light from your bloodstream.

This is one very important part: if your skin is exposed to sunlight, you will experience some invisible changes in your circulatory system. The capillaries, for example, they will be modified under the influence of sunlight. The skin is closely linked to the autonomic nervous system (ANS). It’s a kind of an external organ of the vegetative system in your body.

For example, when you live under summer conditions, we need much more water in our system in order to produce enough sweat, in order to cool down our body. This means that sunlight not only influences the skin, but it influences all the inner organs as well. It’s a kind of concert, which is started by the stimulus of sunlight.

This section was interesting because it explains that “We have to expose our skin in a diligent way in order to cope with the sun not only today but tomorrow as well” and that “In order to cope with these side effects, so to say, our skin needs other parts in the spectrum.”

DM: Perfect. But what are some of the other major benefits? I mean, we talked about obviously vitamin D and all the benefits, but that’s just probably one of the primary ones. Are there other major improvements in human physiology other than the improvement in the immune system function?

AW: Well, for me, vitamin D is a kind of seasonal stress hormone. We have circadian stress hormones, hormones in our system, for example, the adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) adrenaline-cortisol blend of certain hormones, which enable us to get up in the morning, to regulate the blood sugar concentration, to be active, and so on. These are the circadian stress hormones.

When you think about the different tasks between summer and winter, that’s like reprogramming your heating system in the house, because in summer, the main topic is cooling down the system. You have an intake of 1.5 kilowatts on the square meter, which means if you stay naked out in the sun, your body has to digest a lot of energy, which in the end, is transformed into thermal energy. Cooling is the main task during the summertime and heating is the main task during winter time. This is linked to, for example, the circulatory system. It’s linked to our digestive system and so on.

Talking about vitamin D in a way is a kind of self-given restriction regarding the different processes, which are going on. This is a typical approach we can find in photobiology in the 20th century, which means you are looking for the kind of action spectrum. In the end, you find out only ultraviolet B radiation is able to photosynthesize vitamin D in your skin. As a consequence, when you think vitamin D is the only benefit you can get from sunlight, you automatically will focus on the ultraviolet B radiation.

But when I studied the textbook from Dr. Auguste Rollier, for example, he emphasized quite often in his textbook that he found that the composition of the different parts of the spectrum are of crucial importance in order to achieve all the benefits you can get from the sun and you can get from staying outdoors. For example, when you look at the cellular effects of ultraviolet B and ultraviolet A, it really depends on the dose if the radiation is beneficial to your system, or if the radiation unfolds odd reactions or effects as well.

What we can say is that ultraviolet radiation photosynthesizes vitamin D on one hand, but on the other hand, it’s able to damage, seriously damage cells. Ultraviolet B can alter the DNA structure. Ultraviolet A can produce and photosynthesize the reactive oxygen species in the tissue. In order to cope with these side effects, so to say, our skin needs other parts in the spectrum. For example, the near-infrared and the red light, which we find in sunlight in a pretty large amount, these longer wavelengths, they provide metabolic power to the cells.

Ultraviolet light primarily is a kind of stress, which acts upon our body, and our body makes the best out of it. If we cannot get rid of the ultraviolet light, our body thinks in a way I’m convinced, “We have to make the best out of it. Let’s produce vitamin D,” for example. Vitamin D is a kind of biochemical-signaling molecule, which enables a lot of reactions in our body in order to get by and to cope with the typical tasks that go along with summer, with daylight, or with sunlight. When we have on one hand a kind of stress reaction, we can easily imagine that our cells as well need energy in order to answer this stress stimulus.

In sunlight, we have not only the ultraviolet, but we have the kind of balance on the longer wavelength part of spectrum. I’m convinced that the full blend of specific wavelengths we have under the sun enables our body to react in the best way. This is what we need and this is what we have to train.

I think that sunlight in a way is like… When we think about sports, in order to keep our muscles in good function, we have to move to be able to move as well or even better tomorrow. We have to expose our skin in a diligent way in order to cope with the sun not only today but tomorrow as well. For me, sunlight is a kind of training for the skin as long as we take into account that there are some very specific rules, which should be followed in order to benefit from this solar exposure. 11::17 MM

This section was interesting because it explains that picture of the Truck Driver that arugula always posted about the dangers of the sun, but I’m sure that Truck Driver had his windows rolled up.

AW: Yeah. First aspect, you mentioned the windows. I measured the transmission of a good number of different window types and found out that you can turn the best sunlight into a kind of bad artificial light when you have some windows in between you and the sun. The windows in a modern house have to filter out those parts of the spectrum which would lead to heating up, for example, in summer. In order to be energy efficient, modern window types filter near-infrared light. Because the physicists, they claim that this is not necessary, and they in fact have no idea and no clue how important the near-infrared light for our biological functions in fact is.

We face a kind of common problem in the artificial light area and in the use of window glass in the other area. Both are factors which eliminate important parts of the spectrum. For that reason, we have to be careful with windows and artificial light. Let’s say, you sit in your office and your eyes signal, “There is enough light around me.” Your hunger, your intrinsic hunger for light may be satisfied by the light you perceive through your eyes. But there is an expression, it’s called biological darkness. This is what most of us might experience when we are indoors, sitting behind windows under artificial light sources. 16:46 MM

This section was interesting because it explains that “if you get a lens replacement after cataract [surgery] and the lens does not filter out the blue parts at least partly, you have an increased risk to develop ARMD or age-related macular degeneration” and how it can be avoided by getting your ophthalmologist to implant a yellowish lens.

DM: Okay. Thank you for that explanation. [16:46 MM] You’ve been studying artificial lighting and its impact on human health for quite some time, and I’m wondering if you could summarize some of your most important understandings or findings.

AW: Yeah. In a way we talked already a lot about these aspects. For example, these artificial light sources with cold light spectrum, with the synthetic spectrum, I’m convinced that in the long-term pathway, we are damaging, for example, our eyes. I’m quite convinced that age-related macular degeneration, for example, has a lot to do with the excessive use of non-thermal light sources.

DM: Interesting.

AW: Because when you look at the retinal structures…

DM: And just an important insertion: for those who aren’t familiar with it, age-related macular degeneration or ARMD is the most common cause of blindness in the US at least and probably in Europe I would imagine.

DM: Many people may not be aware of that. It’s an important issue that we need to be concerned with.

AW: What history tells us is if you get a lens replacement after cataract and the lens does not filter out the blue parts at least partly, you have an increased risk to develop ARMD or age-related macular degeneration, because the light which reaches the retina is able to interact with the retinal structures. The blue light, the violet light, the short wavelengths, they are able to produce or induce the production of…

DM: Antioxidants?

AW: Free radicals, reactive oxygen species in the retina. We have on one hand the kind of cellular stress from the short wavelength part of the spectrum. We need for optimal regeneration and repair on the cellular level the longer wavelengths, which are able to balance the stress in a certain way. Again it’s a similar problem.

DM: That’s pretty fascinating. Is it technically or optically possible to design or construct a lens, an artificial lens, that would allow the penetration of this light, so that they could provide an implant that’s going to not contribute to blindness?

AW: Yeah. What you can do with the lens is you can add some filter properties, so you can reduce the stress by using yellowish-tinted replacement lenses, which already exist. But on the other hand, the replacement lens should be transparent for the near-infrared light, the longer wavelengths, and the red end of the rainbow spectrum, because these wavelengths, they increase the repair activities in the tissue.

DM: So, it’s technically possible to construct a lens with those specifications you just mentioned?

DM: Okay. This is an important point because I believe that lens implants are one of the most common surgeries in the United States. Gosh, it’s well over… It’s the majority. Maybe it’s 75, 80, to 90 percent of the people who get these implants as they progressively age. If someone was a candidate for that, do you have any recommendations how to find this type of lens with these specifications, so they don’t increase their risk for age-related macular degeneration?

AW: I think you have to talk to your ophthalmologist and ask him to implant a yellowish lens.

DM: Okay.

AW: Just for clarification: the lens is a filter. A filter cannot add missing parts in the spectrum. It’s also a good idea to have some thermal light sources in the surrounding, because this is the only way we can get the near-infrared and the long wavelength red part of the spectrum. This is for repair.

DM: Does the ophthalmologist have to also request specifications for transparency to their red and infrared spectrum? Or is that just automatic in most lenses?

AW: I think this is automatic in these lenses.

DM: Okay. And the most cost-effective way to increase your exposure to these wavelengths is going out into the sun. [22:10 MM] Yeah, it’s free. You can’t get more cost-effective than that. That’s one of the best.

This section was interesting because it explains that we have skin tides that cleanse the tissue and that our skin “becomes thinner during the winter, and it becomes thicker during the summer as long as you expose your skin in a diligent way to natural sunlight.”

AW: I think it’s radically reduced. But staying outside, being under the influence of other climate factors is always a good idea, because the heat and cold on your skin brings your skin into a kind of reaction flow. The skin is an organ which needs these tides in a way that it becomes thinner during the winter, and it becomes thicker during the summer as long as you expose your skin in a diligent way to natural sunlight. These skin tides are important to cleanse the tissue. The connective tissues of your skin are important to keep it in a [inaudible 51:10] situation. It’s always good to stay outside and to expose yourself to the climate conditions you are surrounded by.

The sections above came from this article, video and interview:

[articles.mercola.com]
The Healing Power of Light
March 22, 2015 | 62,895 views
By Dr. Mercola

Dr. Mercola Interviews Alexander Wunsch About Sunlight and Vitamin D (condensed version)
24:05 Minute Video
[www.youtube.com]

[mercola.fileburst.com]
The Healing Power of Light: A Special Interview with Dr. Alexander Wunsch

Peace and Love.......John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sun is a Great Healer!!!
Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: March 22, 2015 08:11PM

"He was not the first to discover these biophotons as you might know. The first traces of awareness that biophotons are existing or that there are luminous emission processes from living tissue date back into the 1920s to a researcher in Russia."

The Russian discoverer was Electrobiologist Alexander Gurwitsch and he called these ultraviolet mitogenic emmisions "mitogenic radiation" which later became known as "Gurwitsch rays" before they were renamed "biophotons".

This ultraviolet radiation is in the 180-200 nanometer range. Gurwitsch found them only in onions and garlic. They are associated with their allinin's sulfur bonds.

" Gurwitsch named the phenomenon mitogenetic radiation since he believed that this light radiation allowed the morphogenetic field to control embryonic development. His published observations, which related that cell-proliferation of an onion was accelerated by directing these rays down a tube, brought him great attention. Some five hundred attempts at replication, however, produced overwhelmingly negative results, so that the idea was neglected for decades until it commanded some renewed interest in the later 20th century.[3] However the furore, which may have sparked Wilhelm Reich's similar Orgone experiments, brought Gurwitsch an international reputation that led to several European lecture-tours. His work influenced that of Paul Alfred Weiss in particular.

"Gurwitsch was Professor of Histology and Embryology at Moscow University from 1924 to 1929 but fell foul of the communist party and was forced to relinquish the chair. He then directed a laboratory at the Institute of Experimental Medicine in Leningrad from 1930 until 1945, though he was forced to evacuate during World War 2. In 1941 he was awarded a Stalin Prize for his mitogenetic radiation work since it had apparently led to a cheap and simple way of diagnosing cancer. He was director of the Institute of Experimental Biology in Leningrad from 1945 to 1948. He sought to redefine his "heretical" concept of the morphogenetic field in general essays, pointing to molecular interactions unexplained by chemistry.

Gurwitsch retired in 1948 after Trofim Lysenko came to power but continued working at home.[4] Sadly his wife Lydia died in 1951. In 1953 Irving Langmuir dubbed Gurwitsch's ideas pathological science. However his daughter, Anna, continued his work and, shortly after his death, contributed papers that supported some aspects of her father's work on "mitogenetic" rays.[5]

Field theories of morphogenesis had a heyday in the 1920s but the success of genetics confined such ideas to the background of biology. Gurwitsch had been ahead of his time in his interest in the emergent properties of the embryo but more modern self-organization theories (see, for example, Ilya Prigogine) and treatments of non-equilibrium thermodynamics in living systems would show the extent to which the vectors he described can be generated without the assumption of an overall field, so that the search for a physical field was abandoned in favour of more neutral concepts like the paradigm of Systems Biology. The early interest in physics which inspired Gurwitsch in the end tended to render his ideas untenable.[6] The "mitogenetic ray" was one of the scientific topics qualified by Irving Langmuir as pathological science.[7]

However, the tenacity of Anna Gurwitsch, together with the development of the photon counter multiplier, resulted in the confirmation of the phenomenon of biophotons in 1962. The observation was duplicated in a western laboratory by Quickenden and Que Hee in 1974.[8] In the same year Dr. V.P.Kazmacheyev announced that his research team in Novosibirsk had detected intercellular communication by means of these rays.[9] Fritz-Albert Popp claims they exhibit coherent patterns. These studies have drawn only fringe interest.

There has been a recent revival in field theories of life, albeit again at the fringes of science, particularly among those who seek to include an account of developmental psychobiology. The influence of Gurvitch's theory is particularly evident upon the work of the plant physiologist Dr. Rupert Sheldrake.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 08:12PM by SueZ.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: March 22, 2015 09:41PM

so gabriel cousens has a biophoton meter?

where is this info coming from?

" Cousens cites the biophoton readings of people on sharply varying diets. While a person eating a diet of junk food only had a reading of roughly 1,000 units of biophotonic radiation, the average reading from a person eating live, or raw wild, foods was about 83,000 units."

and i would LOVE to see a video of gabriel supposedly doing 601 consecutive pushups at age 60

[books.google.com]

Date: March 22, 2015 10:00PM

fresh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> so gabriel cousens has a biophoton meter?
>
> where is this info coming from?
>
> " Cousens cites the biophoton readings of people
> on sharply varying diets. While a person eating a
> diet of junk food only had a reading of roughly
> 1,000 units of biophotonic radiation, the average
> reading from a person eating live, or raw wild,
> foods was about 83,000 units."

Oh Good Lord, has Dr. Cousens fallen for this scam machine as easily as he fell for the "Live Blood" darkfield microscopy scam?! I'm losing all respect for him. How can he buy into these things and be a serious researcher? I don't think it's possible, quite frankly. DISAPPOINTED!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 10:01PM by SueZ.

Date: March 22, 2015 10:09PM

[www.lifebylori.com]

[www.raw-wisdom.com]

i want to see a demonstration confirming those numbers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 10:14PM by fresh.

Date: March 22, 2015 10:21PM

fresh Wrote:
> [www.lifebylori.com]
> an
>
>
> [www.raw-wisdom.com]
>
> i want to see a demonstration confirming those
> numbers.

It's obviously pure unadulterated quackery. Marks like numbers and pretty pictures.

Date: March 22, 2015 10:22PM

you gotta see this!

[www.youtube.com]

there may be something to biophotons as far as measuring the life force, but trying to use it as a therapy, as you can see when you search online, or as in the above video, is nutty.

Date: March 22, 2015 10:27PM

dr OZ!

measures the carotenoids? now they're mixing biophotons with antioxidants?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 22, 2015 10:29PM

fresh Wrote:
> you gotta see this!
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Unadulterated quackery!
>
>
> there may be something to biophotons as far as
> measuring the life force, but trying to use it as
> a therapy, as you can see when you search online,
> or as in the above video, is nutty.

Biophotons are very real but even Popp himself warned of these farcical quackery machines.

Date: March 22, 2015 10:31PM

critical review of method

[www.nature.com]

conclusion: Without calibration data showing the actual relation between Raman signals and actual carotenoid concentrations, it is difficult to speculate how the Raman method might be modified such that it could be used to obtain valid quantitative measurements. As it is currently conceived, the Raman method is confounded by a large number of factors that vary both between and within individuals (interference by chromophores, variability in the epidermis, etc.); these changes are undoubtedly exacerbated in diseased skin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2015 10:32PM by fresh.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 22, 2015 10:35PM

fresh Wrote:
> you gotta see this!
>
> [www.youtube.com]

the person who posted that vid is this one (qnetvideoarchive)

[www.youtube.com]

Date: March 23, 2015 01:30AM

Panchito Wrote:

>
> the person who posted that vid is this one
> (qnetvideoarchive)
>
> [www.youtube.com]

Almost too horrible to observe. His style reminds me of a David Wolf production in this thing ...

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables