Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: feeling up and down
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 17, 2009 03:09PM

I did grow up in America. I was born in Chicago and then we moved to Colorado when I was 6 months old. Thats how I know all about the American diet. I grew up on fast foods. Hambugers and Frys. I moved to england when I was 18. And now Im married to an English man. My father is English so I have 2 passports. he was a child during WW2. The only way they survied was through an elotment my grandfather had. They were evacuated from their house at one point and lived in Sommerset. There again they were fed mostly on vegetables and a few meats like rabbits that were caught. The Nazies bomed alot of the costal area. There is sunken planes in the waters and boats. This adds to the pollution and adds the mercery.

My Aunts next door neigbour is 98. He had a realy horrible job in the war. he had to collect the bodies. Poor guy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: June 17, 2009 05:10PM

As a twenty year old student (back in the 70's) I spent three weeks in London and had a great time. Pub fare - warm beer.. beer and onion pie.... curdled milk served at the British Museum! Ha! Compliant - "This milk is curdled!!!" Reply - "Yes it is."

The English all had gardens in front.

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 17, 2009 07:29PM

The English now have horrible diets. All I see is people eating crisps and chips, (French fries and potato chips)Organic vegetables cost astronomical prices. They have so many takeaways. Young people drink a lot over hear. Ive seen 9 year olds running down the street with booz. I think IBD is increasing. I phoned the IBD clinic to bring my appointment forward. They said they couldn’t as there were too many patients to see.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 17, 2009 08:06PM

after ww2 alot of places like canada, usa, australia, etc adopted the fast food , tv dinner , instant make your life easy lifestyle , housewives were encouraged to work AND raise a family with the help of lifestyle easing foods and appliances , reaching superwoman status was the goal , its no conicidence that homes are even harder to buy nowadays without *2* incomes (this was a well orchastrated plan initiated by banking instititutions once they saw the potential of 2 income families being able to pay more therefore houses should cost more !)

anyhoo i will stop now before i run off on a conspiracy tangent winking smiley

again in my opinion its not a coincidence we have been eating like *crap* since the 40's and its been steadily going downhill since then

i feel fortunate to be a part of this group and forum of people who are thinking outside of the fastfood box smiling smiley

fresh whole fruit is my fastfood .. aint nothing quicker than grabbing a peice and eating smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 18, 2009 12:30AM

Jodi, and anyone else who wants a hearty but nervous laugh over post-war "phood":

[www.lileks.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 18, 2009 03:28AM

lol Tam i swear my mom has some of those books tongue sticking out smiley uggg!

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables