Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw food = Orthorexia nervosa ?
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 05, 2015 09:51AM

This isn't a new topic. It is still relevant nevertheless.

Some apparently think that eating raw foods falls under the category of orthorexia nervosa:
[www.iflscience.com]

What do you think?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw food = Orthorexia nervosa ?
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: April 05, 2015 01:09PM

I think some people will slap a negative label on anything they feel diverges from how they opt to eat, especially if it makes them insecure in their own decisions regarding food. Choosing a healthy diet is not a disease. Opting to only put foods found in nature (in their still-natural forms) in your body is not a disease. Making the decision NOT to consume man-made food additives/chemicals and GMO frankenfoods is not a disease.

People who would call making INFORMED, healthy eating choices a "disease" need to perhaps examine their own diet a little more carefully.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: April 05, 2015 02:12PM

Kiwi said:
"Opting to only put foods found in nature..."

Most of the raw food staples that people eat are NOT found in nature. I've been hunting the WILD romaine lettuce across continents and I still haven't found it, it's an elusive beast...

NuNativs on YouTube...

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 05, 2015 02:16PM

The artcile is junk. Some people make a living from creating controversial articles without creating valuable content.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 05, 2015 10:43PM

Perhaps such labeling is associated with being in minority? Are those in majority orthorexic perhaps? Everyone thinks about food, don't they? If thinking too much about food is orthorexic, how would we classify being mindless about it?

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 23, 2015 01:12AM

Its fortunetelling

Stuff humans do when they got too much time on their hands.

I have met some raw vegans who take things to the limit. Like I ONLY EAT BLENDED SALADS or OBSESSED WITH PARASITES NOT THERE

A quote from the article

Raw food followers might meet regularly to “align their bodies, minds and souls” by feasting on “cleansing and immune-boosting” raw foods.

That sounds like me. Sounds like normal daily life. I did not know it was a bad thing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2015 01:13AM by suvine.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: May 23, 2015 01:29AM

There is a blurry line separating “normal” healthy eating and orthorexia nervosa, but one way to define the condition is when eating “healthily” causes significant distress or negative consequences in a person’s life.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables