Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

oh so weak!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 30, 2006 03:58AM

i've been raw fow a week and have experienced a great to normal amount of energy in return. however, i've only recently noticed that i suddenly feel quite physically weak. running as far as i normally do seems daunting, lifting heavy loads is more uncomfortable than usual, and i think i'm more winded when biking, even though i am usually in great biking shape. ideas? thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: oh so weak!
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 30, 2006 05:36AM

Hi,

You are probably not getting enough nutrients. Be sure to check your intake at fitday.com Typically, one has to eat more greens vs. fruits to adjust to the diet.

For me, personally, after about 3 months of raw vegan and signs of severe deficiency, I had to add back to a little cooked. My energy returned and the spaciness was gone. I've found that my body tells me when I can eliminate more cooked.

Good luck.
Therese

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 30, 2006 07:42AM

It could also be a detox.
I've certainly had periods like this and eventually emerge stronger. They are not fun though. (OK...to be blunt--I HATEs them smiling smiley

Do check that you are doing OK nutrient-wise. Consider adding a bit of cooked food if you cannot keep your fitness up to your liking and then cut down more slowly. This usually slows the detox symptoms.

Best to you

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 30, 2006 11:15AM

I agre with rawblue. If your detox is too fast - then slow down your transition to raw food to a level that is comfortable for YOU and stretch from there. Just my opinion.

-David Mason

Date: July 30, 2006 04:26PM

Try adding some E3AFA from www.e3live.com lots of athletes take it, it is a blue green algea that builds your brain and blood. I take it everyday and my spaciness is gone.

You also may want to eat some boiled sweet potatoes if you feel weak. They slow the purification process down and give you energy and nutrients. Most likely you are getting enough nutrients, your body is just adjusting.

That's my opinion.

Date: July 30, 2006 06:37PM

thank you all so much for the advice. just out of curiousity, do any of you have ideas/advice/comments about raw foodist being athletes? like any research suggesting that a raw food diet allows one to perform better/worse ... are there any known performance differences between a raw food athlete vs a non-raw food athlete? for example, like better endurance, or short term performance, etc?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables