Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

not sure what to do
Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: June 22, 2009 10:41AM

Ok, i seem to do great all day til 4-4:30 then the cravings.I am at day 15 and still staying within the vegan boundries(eating only a few small redskin potatoes when I am jonesing) no prob. and about 85-90 raw. Now we went to the beach Sat. I was very prepared and ate 1/2 banana, a bag of grapes, a cup of blueberries, and a cantaloupe, for dinner a really big salad. I ate so much I felt over full, but I had no cravings.Yesterday I did not eat quite so much but then had cravings.So do I have to eat so much I feel stuffed to avoid the cravings? Suz/all4greens

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: not sure what to do
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 22, 2009 11:54AM

all4greens

(eating only a few small redskin potatoes when I am jonesing)

jonesing ?

The word you've entered isn't in the dictionary. [www.merriam-webster.com]

Is this another way to say cooking ?

Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: June 22, 2009 01:17PM

Sorry EZ for giving a slang youd didn't understand(jonesing)what I was saying was that when I am really craving something and can't seem to satisfy I will have a few small boiled redskin potatoes. I just don't know what else to do, I hate to eat a whole lot of fruit too late in the day after dinner salad and I am still hungry.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 22, 2009 01:24PM

At the beginning of being raw through the first few months for some, you may require more food. Eventually that should taper off. The main reason for you having this issue is you're eating very light meals to begin with. Heavier meals usually help cut down on the need for food-such as smoothies, soups, wraps with avocado or pate, etc. Then later you can eat lighter foods.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: chrisbeau ()
Date: June 22, 2009 03:34PM

Sounds like too much fruit to me.. Eat more vegs.. most especially greens.. less fruit.. too much sugar (even good fruit sugar) in your system will cause other problems over time.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 22, 2009 05:03PM

-You CAN'T avoid cravings, you can only have a higher priority. Write down the 3 major reasons you want to eat raw...and really think about them. Eating raw (or doing anything positive) is about pulling all your emotional sand into a big enough pile to see into bravery.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: dhsredhead ()
Date: June 22, 2009 10:03PM

Well what are you craving? Chances are with a good recipe you can make an awesome raw replacement. Also I agree it sounds like you are eating way to much fruit. Instead try salads and other recipes with vegetables maybe add more seeds and nuts. You could even do some cooked whole grains.

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: June 24, 2009 12:57AM

I think it is ok to stuff yourself of greens to feel full if that helps your cravings. They have VERY few calories. Actually I would eat as much fruit and veggies as I wanted to. That is the beauty of the raw food diet. Go easy on oil, nuts, dried fruits, dates etc. however. Check in with yourself periodically to see how you are feeling, adjust as needed. Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables