Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Camping Food?
Posted by: fluteye ()
Date: June 23, 2009 12:59PM

Hi all--

Going camping over the 4th and I was wondering if anyone had any good camping food ideas. We will have a small frig with us (I know, not exactly roughing it) along with a cooler. I don't own a decent dehydrator (not to bring, but for beforehand prep)--just the kind that can only dehydrate something larger than a silver dollar or bigger.

Thanks!

Linda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Camping Food?
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 23, 2009 01:47PM

banana's, avo, dried fruit

done!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 23, 2009 02:35PM

I second what rawdanceruk says. Also, if you're going where it's really rural and foresty, you could try foraging for greens and berries--just make sure you recognize them! Have fun!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 24, 2009 12:22AM

Right. The above suggestions are great. If you are camping for less than 2-3 days, you can simply bring what you would normally eat, and store it carefully in a cool area. Your best bets (with little fuss) will be apples, oranges, almonds, grapes, etc. Durable staple veggies like carrots, radishes, etc., should also do fine.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: June 24, 2009 12:46AM

oh wee! can i come? j/k...what a perfect time to eat simply...

Posted by: dhsredhead ()
Date: June 24, 2009 04:29AM

I went camping in April with only a two insulated bags that I use for grocery shopping. I brought lots of apples, oranges, bananas, tomatoes, avocados, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, flax seeds, cucumbers, hummus and dressing. Everything stayed pretty well, except for the carrots that got a little brown because I precut them. I actually way over packed for my family we ended up giving lots of our food away to our friends who were camping with us and still came home with lots of food that was still ok to eat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables