Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

kohler gets around!
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: July 05, 2015 05:04AM

corona says algaes contaminated

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kohler gets around!
Posted by: Lois ()
Date: July 05, 2015 03:04PM

Thanks fresh! Good video.

I also had a bad experience with brown seaweed extract - Laminaria/kelp - so I avoid algaes now. A lot of skin care products contain them. Of course, it could have been that I just got too much iodine - [www.webmd.com]

It's interesting to see so many successful, influential, establishment raw foodists highlighted - many we don't run across anymore because they're not in the radar of the celebrity worshippers/gossips thanks to the cult of personality. As we've seen on the board, the most abrasive/insulting personalities create the most attention/emotional responses - obsessiveness even - although it's negative.

They didn't say a lot that we didn't already know.

Lou Corona is the best. Interesting algae take and his fermentation/probiotic thing. I'm tempted to get a consultation with him even though I've never done that before.

Good info on HealthForce Nutritionals.

Loved this from Tim Van Orden: "You need a super 'tude to become a super dude, not a superfood." smiling smiley

We shouldn't evaluate the RFD's effectiveness on our judgment of a raw foodists looks (there are other factors, like their interpretation of the RFD, their pre-existing health issues, physiology, etc.) but it is interesting to see how they look in relation to how long they've been all raw or not.

Meghan Elizabeth is looking thin - that top isn't the best choice for prominent collarbones - cap sleeves are more flattering.

Don Bennett's hair is amazing - I love the color and curls. I wonder how old he is.

Dan McDonald is cute. His body looks good, so I wonder if he's 100% raw vegan, and if so, for what length of time. It's funny when a raw food guy feels the need to go shirtless in videos - LOL

I wonder hold old Karen Ranzi is.

Nomi Shannon's face looks good for 71. Again wondering if she's been 100% continuously since going all raw in 1987. When you're older if you have extra weight, your face looks better than the thin older person's guant look. Necks are telling.

I love superfoods - have a lot of them hanging around, use them in my smoothies sometimes - they'll be great survival food if the SHTF; hope they don't go bad on me before then.

Edit - Did want to add - I feel like fresh fruits and vegetables are 'live', but superfoods - even though they're raw - are more 'dead', but still have more nutrition than cooked.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2015 03:17PM by Lois.

Posted by: tezcal ()
Date: July 05, 2015 03:24PM

kohler has the most sensible, informative answer of them all. the rest weren't really worth listening to.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: July 05, 2015 05:19PM

tezcal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kohler has the most sensible, informative answer
> of them all. the rest weren't really worth
> listening to.

+1

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: July 05, 2015 06:04PM

Lois:
I'm tempted to get a consultation with him even though I've never done that before.

Tai:
I got a consultation with him, and let me save you some time.
The premise of the consultation is that you agree with his program and you just need help implementing it. His program is 100% vegan, except some seaweed (some argue that is not vegan).

He gave me a protocol using his products and his raw vegan recipes and also some raw vegan plants. He chose a few recipes (gorilla milk and juice) that he thought I should focus on. Plus we talked a lot about emotional and spiritual stuff (at my request). We also went over a live cell analysis performed by his associate, using Dr. Robert Young's approach.

It was a fabulous consultation. I cherish it.

Yet...I would recommend that you watch all his videos and take his food class before a consultation, because some of your concerns could be addressed in a food class, such as the deficiency symptoms of rapid heart beat, etc. He doesn't teach or incorporate dairy foods into his program. If something goes wrong on the program, but the person is still using dairy, then how can he help?

My Chinese pulse teachers recommend the classic "eat red meat" when faced with vegans with a rapid pulse (and other deficiency signs that you mentioned). It's not necessary to eat animal foods when someone has protein, vitamin and mineral deficiencies. One just needs very rich, dense plants food with all the vitamins, minerals and protein. IT just takes more work and more planning.

Some people badmouth people like Lou Corona and Brian Clement for selling so many products, but they don't consider that these two produce many successful and healthy vegans, including themselves. Sometimes vegans need supplements. If you pay retail, then yes, they are expensive. IT's possible to form a co-op and get these items wholesale

One thing that Lou likes is tocotrienols, which is rice bran. It is pleasant enough that you don't quite taste it in berry smoothies. He also mentioned things like alfalfa juice and other grass juice powders.

Another thing Brian likes is silica. He uses Biosil, but he says you can use horsetail. Is Brian pushing his company and his profits, when he is telling you what you can use in nature? No, he is trying to teach how to be successful as a vegan. The list of supplements goes on and on. Sometimes a supplement is simply a dried powdered food, with some parts removed, like low fiber hemp protein.

Lou pushes enzymes, but there a ton of companies that sell enzymes and probiotics and some quite cheaply. So is Lou trying to get rich from everyone? No, because the knowledge and product is rather generic, although he tries to offer the best product that he knows of.

On a side note, I myself have not used algaes, like Lou. Algaes are a very personal choice. Brian Clement considers them essential. Both Lou and Brian seem very healthy and yet have that major difference between the two of them.

Date: July 05, 2015 06:38PM

Sorry to read that Lou Corona has an associate who has bought into the bogus "live blood analysis" as being anything but tin. I hope Lou Corona hasn't joined the cast of thousands who are ignorant enough to advise people waste their money on that garbage can of nonsense.

Date: July 05, 2015 06:52PM

Wow, Tai, thanks! Great information/explanation! You're so helpful to me and others, generously sharing. And I know you and TSM gave me a lot of the fermenting/probiotic info in the past, but I was busy traveling so didn't do it at the time, so I hope now because of seeing the video and you're input, I get motivated to make some seed sprouts and then the seed cheeses, etc.

So because you told me he's into the algae and I'm avoiding it now, and the fact that I do eat raw goat's milk right now, I would wait on the consultation. Not that I would have run to the phone today to book it, because I'm a lazy raw foodist - LOL. Procrastination.

I've done tocotrienols at various times and I have loads of the juice powders, so I feel like putting a juice powder in my smoothie today smiling smiley

I love this that you wrote:

Tai
Another thing Brian likes is silica. He uses Biosil, but he says you can use horsetail. Is Brian pushing his company and his profits, when he is telling you what you can use in nature? No, he is trying to teach how to be successful as a vegan. The list of supplements goes on and on. Sometimes a supplement is simply a dried powdered food, with some parts removed, like low fiber hemp protein.

Lou pushes enzymes, but there a ton of companies that sell enzymes and probiotics and some quite cheaply. So is Lou trying to get rich from everyone? No, because the knowledge and product is rather generic, although he tries to offer the best product that he knows of.

Date: July 05, 2015 06:59PM

SueZ Wrote:
> tezcal Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > kohler has the most sensible, informative
> answer
> > of them all. the rest weren't really worth
> > listening to.
>

> +1

Question was simplistic - do you need superfoods on a raw food diet. It was an opinion; a lecture on the nutritional components of various superfoods was not required, so I wouldn't call it a fail on anyone's part.

Because we've all heard much of it before/already know it (mineral rich soil, homegrown is best, etc.), doesn't mean it's not interesting and helpful to the new raw foodist.

Dr. Dina and Dan MacDonald had a couple good points - what is a superfood explanation, what if you're traveling. Lou Corina gave info on algae I didn't know.

So in my opinion, the video was worth watching and listening to to see how they all looked, their personalizing/anecdotes.

We could pick them all apart, compare and contrast their performances, their personalities and intellects. We could even dissect their words, looking for tone, get emotional and make a video about the video, and then others could watch our video and write comments, and we could make a video and discuss the comments, so those on a raw foods board could discuss all that - God, my head is spinning - but I'll leave that to others.

I enjoyed it. John Kohler has a lot of cool friends.

Date: July 05, 2015 07:08PM

Lois Wrote:
> We could pick them all apart, compare and contrast
> their performances, their personalities and
> intellects. We could even dissect their words,
> looking for tone, get emotional and make a video
> about the video, and then others could watch our
> video and write comments, and we could make a
> video and discuss the comments, so those on a raw
> foods board could discuss all that - God, my head
> is spinning - but I'll leave that to others.

Case in point spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2015 07:13PM by Lois.

Date: July 05, 2015 09:26PM

Lois:
So because you told me he's into the algae and I'm avoiding it now

Tai:
? Lou does not use them, but Brian does. That part is in harmony with Lou. Typo perhaps?

Date: July 05, 2015 10:24PM

No, not 'typo' - poor reading comprehension on my part - LOL - Plus that was fresh's statement, and I had just discussed it in my first post. So my mistake, confusion, whatever sad smiley

Thanks for bringing me back down to earth after my rant smiling smiley

Date: July 06, 2015 07:35PM

SueZ:
I hope Lou Corona hasn't joined the cast of thousands who are ignorant enough to advise people waste their money on that garbage can of nonsense.

Tai:
Calm down, SueZ. Yes, it's totally true. When someone sees him in person, they see her first for the live cell analysis and then see him. Maybe things have changed now with his new company. He might be too busy for those sessions anymore.

The reading I got from the live cell was very much the same reading that I got from Ellen Jensen, the iridologist whose father-in-law was Bernard Jensen. Coincidence? I think not.

If someone is flat broke who wants to improve their health, then yes, it's a waste of money. But otherwise, it is a peek into someone's health that day when Lou is talking to them. It's not the end all be all. It's not the equivalent of or a substitute for any medical diagnostic testing. IT's just a peek. And a fascinating one at that.

Lou is an inspirational motivator. He is not a doctor and doesn't pretend to be. Yet he has helped a ton of people improve their health. When people are already paying $100/hr to learn from him, it's a blip to do the live cell.

As I once shared, I have seen amazing things looking at people's blood, as performed by a naturopath (including squirming parasites). But I also saw some mistakes in the analysis, which were revealed in regular blood tests. It's still developing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2015 07:37PM by Tai.

Date: July 06, 2015 09:05PM

Tai, as I've said before, live blood analysis is a scam preformed by people untrained in microscopy who sell remedies for what they have been told, and tell you, they are seeing. Many of the things they say they are seeing are artifact or things which are impossible to see with the equipment they use, etc.. The only reason they get away with it is that they say it's "for entertainment purposes only" and because their customers are as equally ignorant as they are.

I have seen a few videos of the procedure but have yet to see anyone even use a suitable oil immersion objective ($$$$) and a difficult to adjust dedicated darkfield oil condenser up to the task of seeing what they claim to see in their dark field microscopes. While I really have no need to calm down about this scam I do think it's my duty to call a spade a spade to warn the gullible about investing in this scam.

Date: July 06, 2015 09:16PM

Well, this one naturopath I know has spent 100k on his microscope setup, including the lenses. It shows an amazing picture and much can be seen, including nasty parasites, but no matter how great the clarity, it still can't replace a regular blood test.
I agree it has the potential to be an expensive scam when supplements are pushed. That's why Lou's associate has nothing for sale during her analysis.

Date: July 06, 2015 09:28PM

Tai Wrote:
> Well, this one naturopath I know has spent 100k on
> his microscope setup, including the lenses. It
> shows an amazing picture and much can be seen,
> including nasty parasites, but no matter how great
> the clarity, it still can't replace a regular
> blood test.
> I agree it has the potential to be an expensive
> scam when supplements are pushed. That's why
> Lou's associate has nothing for sale during her
> analysis.

Does he use a x100 oil immersion lens with an N.A. of 1.25 and an iris or just dry objectives? Does he use a phase contrast or a darkfield condenser? Where did he get his microscopy training? What brand is his microscope? Who is he?

Date: July 06, 2015 10:33PM

I will ask him all those questions next time I see him.

If people would promise not to report him, I would say his name, but only in a PM. He is an ND, not an NMD.

Date: July 06, 2015 10:45PM

Don't do it, Tai. You can't trust anyone on here.

They'll do a Brian/Ann Whigmore/Bella, whoever on him.

Date: July 06, 2015 11:16PM

Tai Wrote:
> I will ask him all those questions next time I see
> him.
>
> If people would promise not to report him, I would
> say his name, but only in a PM. He is an ND, not
> an NMD.

Thanks, Tai. I wouldn't report him. I won't even mention him here. I'm very curious about his 100K of microscopy equipment. That certainly sets him apart from the pack. If he has invested that much it's very possible he falls into the realm of being truly able to see bacteria, for example, in darkfield conditions, accurately.

All my own equipment is vintage (I'm just a hobbyist) but even so it cost me $1300 for a dry objective that has an iris - and it's 50 years old. And 50 years ago one of my microscopes retailed for $47K. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a new 100X oil objective (alone) with an iris, runs well over 5K these days. The videos I've seen on the web are all using phase contrast rather than true dark field condensers - which are pretty expensive, too.

Posted by: suvine ()
Date: July 14, 2015 12:10AM

Live blood analysis can be a form of fortune telling, but thats exactly what all doctors are anyways.

Date: July 14, 2015 04:56PM

suvine Wrote:
"Live blood analysis can be a form of fortune
telling"

Now that you've convinced yourself of that you can buy a ten cent plastic toy magnifying glass and open up your own fortune telling shop.

Date: July 20, 2015 03:17AM

I could if I had time. I would love a dark phase contrast microscope. I wanted to buy it but spent the ten grand on something else.

Very fascinating.

Date: July 20, 2015 10:57AM

suvine Wrote:
> I could if I had time. I would love a dark phase
> contrast microscope. I wanted to buy it but spent
> the ten grand on something else.
>

Count your blessings on those points.

Date: July 21, 2015 06:50AM

I spent it well. yes.

I think I bought every supplement in the Tree of Life Cafe and Tachyon necklaces and anti radiation disks to put all over my house. 200$ intestinal cleanses...200$ bottles of Zinc...

Thats what I spent my money on that summer! I had every necklace! There was a boy living in a teepee .. who had 6 large disks he placed around his pillow at night.. and he was like glowing with energy everyday and I wanted to be like that. He still is a raw chef and I saw him a few raw vegan festivals whipping it on stage his raw food skills. Those disks are about 100$ each back then. I bought a ton. I still have one left, its in my closet facing the breaker box.

If I got a microscope instead, I probably would have been sucked in to the class DR YOUNG was giving back then I really wanted to go. I wound up working for a live blood analysis raw food girl. Its a long story.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2015 06:58AM by suvine.

Date: August 04, 2015 03:28PM

Everytime I see the title of this thread I think its about sex

Posted by: veganreikiangel ()
Date: August 05, 2015 08:28PM

Actually I found my live blood cell analysis from the Hippocrates Health Institute to be quite helpful, and quite accurate on many levels. There will always be naysayers who wont entertain the possibility of the truthfulness and accuracy of such things because it is outside of their realm of belief...however for the rest of us who DO understand such things, we will continue to reap the amazing benefits while the rest are whining about how our success with such modalities isnt valid! lol

Date: August 05, 2015 09:46PM

veganreikiangel Wrote:
There
> will always be naysayers who wont entertain the
> possibility of the truthfulness and accuracy of
> such things because it is outside of their realm
> of belief...

It isn't a matter of "naysayer's beliefs" it's a matter of what is and what is not possible to see with the equipment used. How ever many levels "live blood analysis" is found to be helpful on must always fall one level short of visually perceivable reality.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables