Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sproutarian man question
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 13, 2015 04:37PM

sproutarian man

what inspired you to go sproutarian.. and grow all of your food?
can you tell us how you got into sprouting?
was it an overnight decision of " hey..i think i'll become a farmer tomorrow and grow all my food"

or...something that you did little by little..like just playing with this or that sprout..experimenting..or

what made you go from a SAD diet to a sprout diet?

also.. what books did you read..or what sites did you look at to help you get on your way?

can you list them?

i'm liking sunflower sprouts a lot lately

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sproutarian man question
Date: August 13, 2015 11:48PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> sproutarian man
>
> what inspired you to go sproutarian.. and grow
> all of your food?

When l read Ann Wigmore and Viktoras Kulvinskas saying that sprouts are the finest most nourishing food you can possibly eat. Indeed, l know that to be true, and no other food on Earth comes close to the greatness of the sprout. Simply said, fruits and vegetables are greatly inferior to carefully chosen sprouts.

> can you tell us how you got into sprouting?
> was it an overnight decision of " hey..i think
> i'll become a farmer tomorrow and grow all my
> food"

Yes, it was an overnight decision after picking up books by Vik and Dr Ann. I wanted to be like those people and find out what it was like to live on the finest food possible. I never had any interest in eating fruit or vegetables, l only wanted to eat sprouts, seaweeds and algaes. I still have no interest in fruits or vegetables because l see those foods as non event foods and low level. I see sprouts as taking it to a much higher level.

>
> or...something that you did little by
> little..like just playing with this or that
> sprout..experimenting..or

Well, l had to learn how to sprout things and find all the seeds. There were no websites in those days so finding seeds and learning was trial and error.

>
> what made you go from a SAD diet to a sprout
> diet?

The sprouts and wanting to be like Ann Wigmore and live the dream. If it wasn't for the sprouts l probably wouldn't have been able to do it. See...the sprout dream kept me going and made me do the impossible.

>
> also.. what books did you read..or what sites did
> you look at to help you get on your way?

I only read books by Dr Ann and Viktoras. No websites and no-one else helped me because no-one else seemed to do what l was doing in Australia. I think l was a pioneer on doing a 100% sprouting lifestyle because of various feedback l had from companies and the lack of sprouting equipment, manual juicers, seed grinders etc. We had nothing in Australia to start a sprouting lifestyle so l had to get custom equipment and start off using old soft drink bottles for sprouting. These days it is different, there is plenty of equipment to start a sprouting lifestyle, but it costs big bucks over here to do it.

> i'm liking sunflower sprouts a lot lately

That is a really important food actually, both the sprouted seed and the green. Always use black oil seeds for the greens because they grow better with a better harvest and all the shells come off. They are more expensive but worth it.

Sprouted chia is another important food. Sprouted sesame is also another top food, and sprouted poppy can also be had once per week with some pumpkin seeds. The greens and the fermented sprouted seeds are the cornerstone of dietary greatness.

www.thesproutarian.com

Re: sproutarian man question
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 14, 2015 07:03AM

sproutman

. <<I wanted to be like those people and find out what it was like to live on the finest food possible>>

i'm glad you found out and i'm glad you are living your dream

i did not know you just jumped right into it overnight

that's pretty wild!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables