Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

B-12 injections
Posted by: jan ()
Date: June 30, 2009 03:30PM

I'm considering starting B-12 injections. Has anyone ever done it and where do you purchase it? What mcg would you recommend I use?
Thanks
Jan

www.myspace.com/greeneyedvegangirl
GO VEGAN!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: B-12 injections
Posted by: rrraw ()
Date: June 30, 2009 04:12PM

I took regular 250 mg B12 pills from the health store and got cured from my deficiency. They work.

Posted by: dhsredhead ()
Date: July 01, 2009 06:47AM

Can I ask why? Our bodies make vitamin B12 unless there is a certain genetic blood disorder.

Date: July 01, 2009 08:47AM

No but being Vegan we only have so much B-12 so we supplement B-12.B-12 comes from animal products

GO VEGAN!

Posted by: rrraw ()
Date: July 01, 2009 09:23AM

Dr. Graham says B12 deficiency is caused by the chemicals sprayed on the soil that kills the micro organisms. But that the far most common cause is lack of intrinsic factor. It appears that intrinsic factor goes down as dietary fat goes up.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 01, 2009 01:59PM

rrraw,

That's very interesting, as I have, coincidentally, noticed this myself but didn't make the connection to high fat!

jan,

The best way to take B12 is as injections in a clinical setting. Not a big fan of conventional medicine, me, but syringes can be very efficient means.

Date: July 01, 2009 03:49PM

Thanks rraw,

You can do B-12 injections at home and the body receives B-12 easier through injections. We all should be taking B-12 anyway. I just thought it would be received
more readily through injections. I remember as a kid our Dr gave them to us on occasion and I remember feeling so energetic from it.
Does no one here use B-12? I don't take other supplement but I thought we were suppose to be doing the B-12....

GO VEGAN!

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: July 01, 2009 05:14PM

Play it safe and take a supplement if you are concerned.
As far as injections, I would test yourself first.
In fact, why don't you just get properly tested and be done with it.

Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: July 01, 2009 05:27PM

I take b-12 injections once a month I used to get anemia from such heavy blood loss from my monthly cycle I still get boarderline anemic. I asked my dr. several months back and told him I was not squemish with giving myself shots. I take 2ml once a month after my cycle it does seem to help but I hope someday it will not be a brob. and I can stop.Suz

Date: July 01, 2009 08:37PM

Thanks Everyone for your opinions I'm just concered about the best way to keep B-12 in my body! :~)

GO VEGAN!

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 02, 2009 08:03AM

I'm raw vegan, and don't take B12.

Without arguing it here, I'll simply say that I'm not sure there's any 'should' about it.

It's a hotly-debated subject and there are some compelling views for saying we should, but some equally compelling views for saying we don't need to.

Date: July 02, 2009 09:07AM

Thanks Debbietook,

Im guessing it's a matter of opinion. I guess I'll keep researching what the "experts" say....

GO VEGAN!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 02, 2009 10:01AM

I had about 8 shots of it when I was very unwell with crohns, loosing blood, pumping steroids every 2 hours. Not nice...

I would never bother again, eat your fruit.. dont worry about b12..

if your a person that "likes" to take pills, use a sublingual once a month

Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: July 02, 2009 11:43PM

i was going to suggest sublingual myself.
i believe it will be absorbed quite well that way.

Posted by: CJJ ()
Date: July 03, 2009 02:48AM

1.) Get tested first to see if you NEED B-12.

2.) The body can store reserves of B-12 for up to 5 years, so don't worry about deficiency unless you have other health factors at play.

3.) B-12 used to be in our soil, right? Well, that's because it is naturally occuring in @#$%&...and other excretions. (Looking for the data on this) I've read B-12 is 10-12 times more prevelent in ejeculatory and vaginal secretions than it is in blood plasma.

I tell people that being in love gives me all the B-12 I need winking smiley Maybe that will work for you, too?

Posted by: catnaxis ()
Date: July 15, 2009 05:30PM

I am brand new at this so I am probably doing this wrong and if I am someone please jump my _ _ _ _ and tell me....lol, but I was told that B-12 5000 MCG zipmelts were better than injected B-12 so I take one Zip melt a day.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 15, 2009 07:26PM

Injections are stupid.

Take it orally.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 15, 2009 07:49PM

Injections are not stupid, they're sensible--they bypass digestion. As for non-injected forms, some do well with sublingual supplements and others with oral. It's a matter of what works for you.

Posted by: C. Dove ()
Date: July 16, 2009 12:47PM

Injections are totally unnecssary. Studies have proven that sub-lingual tablets are just as effective. Injections are offered because of medical bias.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 16, 2009 03:26PM

C. Dove Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Injections are totally unnecssary. Studies have
> proven that sub-lingual tablets are just as
> effective. Injections are offered because of
> medical bias.

Yes, and think about it... nature doesn't inject you with vitamin B!!! Without trying to sound patronising I think it may be a bit of a fad for some people...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables