Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help me!
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 03, 2009 10:48AM

My hausband says all I talk about is UC. but I jsut don't know what else to do. Its effected my work and everything, its really taket a lot out of me. this diet is going to take along time and I don't know wheather I will be able or not to make it im my job for 6 months. Its a high energy job and I still get tired from the travel. I know Im on the internet all the time, but it is the only way I can get started. Its the only way I can get info daily of what I need. I dont know. i know I have a high paying management job that really brings in good money. I said I dont know if I will make it 6 months from now. With London I dont know, sometimes I feel with all the tavel and the city hype I will fall donwn and that will be it. He said if your death is really that close we sould not get our flat. I feel that sometimes things are too much. That I just need to give myself time and resarch. Today I feel that this web page has been the kindest thing I have read about.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help me!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 03, 2009 11:03AM

well the comment about not getting your flat is a bit unkind, but perhaps he feels you are obsessing about it all too much.

constant worry , stressing and anxiety wont help with your healing process, maybe you need to try and relax a bit . have you thought about talking to someone about the emotional side of your problems? spouses often have a hard time coping because they are scared and sometimes they are not always the best people to talk too. sometimes an outsider can give you an ear and some insight smiling smiley

i know your day has just started but try not to let it be a bad day smiling smiley learn something new, get out and get some fresh air, eat the best you can today, make the experience fun and happy, you can do this !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 03, 2009 11:18AM

I am not sure exactly what you are asking; Should you stay in your present job? Should you buy a new house? Only you can answer those questions.

A few years ago, I heard a very wise individual say;

"Why spend all your health to gain wealth, & then have to spend all your wealth to regain your health"

Think about it carefully; Nothing in this world is as important as ones' health is; Not money, houses, career, anything. I know it is a very difficult thing to try and juggle a career, family, etc., and at the same time try to heal your body.

Is your husband on board with you? Supportive? Maybe he will go for a walk with you down the RAW food path as well?

Sometimes a person has to really look at what they want out of life. For me, it is to have a wonderfully functioning body and to watch my child grow and spend as much time as I possibly can with him.

I have seen disease ravage my father's body, and it is doing the same to my mother now. They both followed the SAD. When my father was passing on his last day, tears were filling his eyes as he tried to speak & couldn't. Watching him lying there in the hospital bed & seeing/hearing the monitors go lower & lower until everything shut down was absolutely heart wrenching.

The worst part of it all is, so much of his suffering could have been prevented, simply, yes, simply by eating correctly.

I don't want to go through that for anything, so I am making sure that I am eating healthy, RAW all the way.

I implore you to stick with it, stay strong with your new healthy way of eating. You will go through several, possibly many detox symptoms as your body adjusts. When I went all raw, it probably took the better part of a year until I really felt some sense of "normal".

But I was very toxic. If I would have been drinking more water/juices to assist in the flushing/cleansing process, I feel that it would have happened much sooner.

I hope my story encourages you a bit. I felt I needed to say it.

Cheers,
juicerkatz winking smiley

Date: July 03, 2009 11:21AM

Thanks.

i guess I have become a bit obsessive in resherarch about IBD. It has been really hard to get used the idea of IBD, but I made the right choices. I guess I will leave london for a couple of days . That should help.

Thanks for your support

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 03, 2009 03:02PM

My situation is, by far, nothing like your's, but I can identify in a small way. I know my hubby is going nuts because my life has been consumed by this "raw thing" lately. He's been patient and supportive, but gets annoyed, I'm sure, that our kitchen has turned into a farmers market and that I keep mentioning that we need to get a bigger and new refridgerator. I think it's a tough thing when you make the big change / adjustment, but it's even harder when your life is consumed by a crippling disease. I'm still learning too, but we'll all be here to help you and be a shoulder for you. Hang in there and wait patiently for the miracles that we all know will happen. {{Hugs}}

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: July 03, 2009 03:12PM

My girlfriend just told me I'm an idiot because I did not feel like discussing heparin with her. She's a nurse. The funny thing is she realizes antidepressants are mainly a scam, and she forces me to stay 100% raw even though she is convinced most of my information is wrong. Her reason may be so she can prove to herself that the raw diet is not working: If I don't show evidence of superpowers within 6 months, she will probably feel justified in her opinion that raw foods don't make a difference.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: July 03, 2009 03:24PM

Hey there again Hellokitty,
Just be careful with the worrying. It can and is common to start to manifest in symptoms that are brought about through your mind and not your condition. There is a long road ahead so just do your best and make comfortable choices, it will work out in time.

Date: July 03, 2009 07:09PM

Thanks everyone.

I am a compulsive worrier. I wish I wasent i have to override it all the time. Starge that i have this, my mother had all this worring over everything. I bet she is really worried over the swine flu. She would worry over ever litter thing. I guess I picked that up. So far to combat it I stopped watching things like the news, and I also really think I should take up yoga even if I have to get a dvd of it for now then take a class later.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 03, 2009 07:51PM

there are tons of instructional yoga vids on you tube cost is ZERO smiling smiley

yoga is great for destressing , id really suggest giving it a try smiling smiley

because we have no kids , i yoga naked sometimes lol .. not a pretty picture im sure at some moments but its nice to be free of clothes once in awhile winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: July 04, 2009 11:03AM

Hellokitty
veggie juice helps chill me out.

You may like to look up the Bach flower remedy 'white chestnut'.

EFT is a very useful self help tool. Very simple, very effective and often overlooked.

ffx

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 04, 2009 11:33AM

kleinphi

u said your girlfriend "forces" you to go raw
ha ha heh heh hee heeesmiling smiley

that is funny
but cute
just wondering how on earth she does that
maybe she is your raw coach angel in disguisesmiling smiley

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: August 20, 2009 09:32AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> kleinphi
>
> u said your girlfriend "forces" you to go raw
> ha ha heh heh hee heeesmiling smiley
>
> that is funny
> but cute
> just wondering how on earth she does that
> maybe she is your raw coach angel in disguisesmiling smiley

It was pretty easy. The only reason I would eat cooked foods in the first place would be to share the experience with her, so when she refused to eat them with me, I really had no reason to eat them myself. It's not like I'm going to cook up some rice or broccoli when I'm sitting home alone and have nothing better to do than denature my food.

Date: August 20, 2009 01:06PM

I still eat cooked foods. for example i steam brocolie. I cant eat this raw for some reason, it is really hard on my gut. steamed lightly is fine.

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 20, 2009 02:57PM

You said you know you are on the internet all the time. Is this taking a lot of time away from your relationship? Have you read enough on the internet (and with experience with eating various things) to establish a diet for yourself that won't bother your disease very much? Are you actually learning valuable new things about your disease all the time on the internet or are you using the internet for something else? I think you should give some serious thought to this. Sounds to me as though your husband is reaching out here, and I think you need to give some thought to whether there is anything you are doing that you could change for your relationship?

Also, perhaps there is a counsellor in your area that you should see to learn how to deal with your daily stresses. You mentioned in the thread that you are a worrier. Were you a worrier before you were diagnosed with this disease?

Date: August 20, 2009 03:23PM

Molli-

Thanks Molli this is an old theard. I was on the interenet too much and I have given up on one of the sites which is for colitis and chrones. this desase can just get on top of you as you can become unemplyable. but i now have real faith in this raw diet. i am also going to a homeopath to get some stress remedies.

You always see these help me emails with chrones and colitis people. they feel they cant stay on top of the world. It takes a wile ill get there.

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 20, 2009 03:27PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Molli-
>
> Thanks Molli this is an old theard. I was on the
> interenet too much and I have given up on one of
> the sites which is for colitis and chrones. this
> desase can just get on top of you as you can
> become unemplyable. but i now have real faith in
> this raw diet. i am also going to a homeopath to
> get some stress remedies.
>
> You always see these help me emails with chrones
> and colitis people. they feel they cant stay on
> top of the world. It takes a wile ill get there.

I used to have a colleague with crohns disease. She also spent a lot of time on the internet. Problem was that her time spent on the internet was purchasing items on e-bay! She ended up loosing her job over it.

Date: August 20, 2009 04:05PM

yea i dont use ebay i only go to chrones and colitis forms. She probalbly got ubsessed to keep her mind off this desease. It is a teraibale one. I speak to people who have had blood transfusions, heart attacts, strokes, j pouches, all from this desease. If you dont have it it is really hard to undrestand what the person with this is going through.Thats why I look up to Paul Nison and always talk about him. Hes strong so I respect that. When i go to the IBD clinc i see people wasting away, I talk to people who are wasting away. Its teriable, My dads boss had chrones. he wasent on a raw diet, he is dead now. so much of his intesents were removed.

thank god for raw.

by the way i only have a couple of minutes to type sorry about the dyslexia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables