Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw & Arthritis
Posted by: jan ()
Date: August 01, 2006 01:04AM

Does anyone have a testimony of going raw and curing arthritis?
I'm trying to convince a friend of mine to "give it a try" and a testimony
just might convince her!
Thanks Jan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw & Arthritis
Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 01, 2006 02:16AM

Yes, I remember reading such story before, but have no link to it (sorry, maybe someone else can provide). Also, see the reference below (one could asks what would happen in the longer term, rather than in such a short study). I used to suffer from joint pains before raw, but not anymore.

Fibryomalgia and rheumatoid patients helped with living foods diet:
Acta Physiol Hung 1999;86(3-4):171-80
Vegan diet in physiological health promotion.
Hanninen O, Rauma AL, Kaartinen K, Nenonen M. Department of Physiology, University of Kuopio, Finland.
We have performed a number of studies including dietary interventions and cross-sectional studies on subjects consuming uncooked vegan food called living food (LF) and clarified the changes in several parameters related to health risk factors. LF consists of germinated seeds, cereals, sprouts, vegetables, fruits, berries and nuts. Some items are fermented and contain a lot of lactobacilli. The diet is rich in fiber. It has very little sodium, and it contains no cholesterol. Food items like berries and wheat grass juice are rich in antioxidants such as carotenoids and flavonoids. The subjects eating living food show increased levels of carotenoids and vitamins C and E and lowered cholesterol concentration in their sera. Urinary excretion of sodium is only a fraction of the omnivorous controls. Also urinary output of phenol and p-cresol is lowered as are several fecal enzyme levels which are considered harmful. The rheumatoid arthritis patients eating the LF diet reported amelioration of their pain, swelling of joints and morning stiffness which all got worse after finishing LF diet. The composite indices of objective measures showed also improvement of the rheumatoid arthritis patients during the intervention. The fibromyalgic subjects eating LF lost weight compared to their omnivorous controls. The results on their joint stiffness and pain (visual analogue scale), on their quality of sleep, on health assessment questionnaire and on general health questionnaire all improved. It appears that the adoption of vegan diet exemplified by the living food leads to a lessening of several health risk factors to cardiovascular diseases and cancer. Rheumatoid patients subjectively benefited from the vegan diet which was also seen in serum parameters and fecal analyses.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: August 01, 2006 08:52AM

Here are a few testimonies:

Brenda Cobb - early stages of breast and cervical cancer, allergies, acid reflux, indigestion, arthritis, obesity, age spots, gray hair, improved eyesight
[www.livingfoodsinstitute.com]

Igor Boutenko – arthritis, hyperthyroid
[www.consumerhealth.org]

Rhonda Maulkmas’ testimony on Arthritis
[www.hacres.com]

<>< Helen of Tennessee
[www.shazzie.com]

Date: August 01, 2006 09:37AM

WOW!

You all are such an inspiation! I can't wait to print these and bring them to her!
I read Brenda Cobbs story and of corse V boutenko's but forgot about them.
I'm excited myself! Your like minister's who help others see the light!
Thanks and BLESSINGS to you.....

Peace Jan

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 01, 2006 04:41PM

Also, one of the best things that your friend can do besides going raw is to incorporate the watercure in to her diet. Go to [www.watercure.com] and [www.watercure2.com].

A fellow raw fooder, Tony Robbins, was a big fan of Dr. Batmanghelidj's while he was alive and with us. There is a 3-part interview with Dr. Batman on the watercure website. Also, I always recommend to folks to invest in a bottle from [www.kleankanteen.com]. No sense in incorporating water into your body if you're drinking it in poisonous plastic.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 02, 2006 06:43PM

I don't have any personal experience but logic would dictate that a raw diet would help with arthritis, since it's an inflammatory condition.

Remove anything from the diet that causes inflammation - sugar and carbs in general (except those carbs which come from raw food) are the main culprits in inflammatory conditions (and possibly dairy, too).

But you're not going to convince most people of this, imo. People will say "Well that's what they have anti-inflammatory drugs for."

I had a neighbor who had adult-onset diabetes, who had an insulin pump installed in his abdomen, and he'd jack up the insulin before trips to the Cheesecake Factory, so he could stuff himself with all that delicious food.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: August 03, 2006 05:10AM

I have been diagnosed with tendonitis, rheumatoid arthritis, and carpal tunnel at different times... I am not yet 100% raw but so long as I am about 75%+ and follow an active lifestyle including stretching and cardio exercising I feel little to no pain or tingling/numbness of any kind in my hands (Did I mention I was a guitarist and guitar teacher?)

Date: August 03, 2006 11:55AM

Thanks again! Isn't it sad with so much information out there that people still close their eyes to reality!
Blessings to all
& Thanks so much, I'll be passing this info on!
Jan

Date: August 03, 2006 03:39PM

That's so neat, A living example! I love guitar! Sometimes we go out in the everglades at night and a friend of mine plays, It's so beautiful, You can see millions of stars out there! Are you on your way to 100%?

Jan

Date: August 05, 2006 06:39PM

Yes I am on my way smiling smiley

Posted by: rawcountry ()
Date: August 07, 2006 03:55PM

I have (had) arthritis and Fibromyalgia - so bad that I was on low dose morphine for several months last year. I went raw 3 months ago and the pain is GONE. As long as I stay with it (raw), I'm fine. My energy is slowly coming back too. I was in the wasting phase (yes, FMS is degenerative too, inspite of medical "experts"winking smiley and I've put on a little weight (muscle). Yeah! rawcountry (Peggy)

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 07, 2006 05:24PM

Hey check it out, I random came across this - it's an article actually entitled "Raw Food Has Cured My Arthritis" - here's the link:

www.mirror.co.uk/sexandhealth/slimmingandhealth/tm_objectid=17024367&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=exclusive--raw-food-diet-has-cured-my-arthritis-name_page.html

Raw Food Diet Has Cured My Arthritis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2006 05:26PM by sunshine79.

Posted by: sweterson ()
Date: August 07, 2006 09:15PM

I have had rheumatoid for 22 years. Unfortunately, but fortunately at the same time, I did not discover the raw food diet until about 10 years ago. It was the first real relief I found. The more raw the better. Eliminating animal and processed foods was huge.

Date: August 07, 2006 09:26PM

Wow It's incredible, So many testimonies! Thanks again guys,, If this dosen't do the trick, nothing will!
Blessings
Jan

Date: August 08, 2006 02:45AM

Anytime smiling smiley

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: August 10, 2006 04:46AM

"I had a neighbor who had adult-onset diabetes, who had an insulin pump installed in his abdomen, and he'd jack up the insulin before trips to the Cheesecake Factory, so he could stuff himself with all that delicious food."

That's so sad that some people are such slaves to their taste buds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables