Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice fasting questions
Posted by: pacific ()
Date: December 07, 2015 04:59PM

Hi everyone,

I was in a bad car accident nine months ago, and had to have spine surgery. I've been on a lot of meds (narcotics, muscle relaxers, benzos, nerve blockers, NSAID...)

Now, I'm in physical therapy and have finally gotten off all my meds. The side effects were horrible, turned me into awful person and almost ruined my marriage. I'm also afraid I might have damaged my liver, because I was taking so many pills due to severe pain.

I would like to a 10-day juice fast to remove the drug toxins from my body. What are your thoughts on a juice only fast vs a juice and herbal detox?

I did a liver detox from Dr. Schultze in the past, and it was very powerful. It involves detox teas, liver tinctures, and olive oil/garlic flushes.

Can I achieve the same results with a juice only fast?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 05:04PM by pacific.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice fasting questions
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 07, 2015 07:46PM

You are correct, fasting is a good start
If you have access to wheatgrass or barley grass juice that will speed up the cleansing process.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 07, 2015 09:00PM

Hi Pacific,

Milk thistle seed helps to repair the liver. You can take an extract, you can buy the whole seed and powder it and eat it or sprout it. I have experience that the whole powdered seed (freshly powdered by myself) helps soothe liver pain in people with liver pathologies.

Pacific, Dr. Schulze's formula is a good detox, but it's limited. (there are many sophisticated liver formulas in Chinese medicine.)

I think juice fasts are great and even better when you have herbs to strengthen the cleanse.

Pacific:
Can I achieve the same results with a juice only fast?

Tai:
THe answer is no. HOwever, if your body is very toxic, then it's better not to use strong herbs while you are juicing for your first time, because it could be a toxin overload in your body. People have used coffee enemas, enemas and colonics to flush toxins out while doing a detox, so that there are fewer side effects from the detox, especially when you purging drug residues.

So, my tip would be to do a juice fast with milk thistle seed (like 1-2 heaping tablespoons daily), citrus, dandelion green juice included, and do some kind of colon cleansing, like a coffee enema or colonic. Later when you are on a future cleanse, then you can add some more intense herbs. When you do the juice fast, I would focus on high calcium greens to help repair your spine (like organic kale). The way I get down kale juice is to make a fruit smoothie (like a banana, almond milk, orange juice and date smoothie) or fruit salad and stir in like 60% green juice and 40% fruit salad (or smoothie). I think many who read this will think I am a wimp, and I won't argue. But it's the way I drink the green juice, because kale is somewhat bitter and dandelions are even more so. Another way to dilute the high calcium greens is to juice cucumber, lemon, carrot and celery and other juicy vegetables. WHen I have juiced two pounds of kale in one day, I have felt some healing in a weak disc/vertebrae. Other high calcium greens are nopal cactus leaves and collards and any green herbs. Nopal is higher than kale and collards in calcium.

Pacific wrote:
The side effects were horrible, turned me into awful person and almost ruined my marriage. I'm also afraid I might have damaged my liver,

Tai:
Never ever forget that you wrote this and that you know this. Because the imbalance in the liver may last a long time and may make you irritable for some time to come, and as long as you remember it's your liver and not the other person that's making you feel awful, then you won't act out.

P.S., CBD oil can reduce pain med dosage by 50% in some cases. CBD oil will not have the hepatoxic effects of pain meds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2015 09:13PM by Tai.

Posted by: pacific ()
Date: December 07, 2015 09:12PM

Thank you for all of the information, Tai. I appreciate it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables