Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Organic Yogurt?
Posted by: Buddha ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:23PM

Hey everyone, what's the deal with organic yogurt and what is your personal opinion on it?

By the way, anyone from the Los Angeles area?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Organic Yogurt?
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:36PM

this is a vegan forum, so we dont eat dairy products

No reason why you cant make your own coconut kefir or yoghurt from nut milks

Date: July 05, 2009 08:46PM

I really don't care for yogurt... Just wanted other people's opinion on it... I mean, we can talk about it - right?
Is it healthy or not?
By the way, I'm a raw vegan.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:46PM

#1 its a dairy product so its not Vegan smiling smiley (but im sure you are aware of this lol)

#2 its processed and probably most commercial kinds are paturized so its not raw smiling smiley

theres really nothing to talk about as it doesnt pertain to raw and living foods smiling smiley

healthy? id say no smiling smiley

if you dont care for it, why talk about it tongue sticking out smiley ?? isnt it better to focus your attention on things you DO care for? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 08:49PM by Jgunn.

Date: July 05, 2009 08:52PM

so probably not good for you... smiling smiley thanks Jodi, just making conversation!

do you think it can be done raw?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:53PM

yea check out www.goneraw.com they have tons of recipies over there for raw vegan yogurts, sauces, mayo's , kefirs, creams etc etc smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 05, 2009 08:54PM

Well Buddha, welcome to our raw vegan forum. And because this is a raw vegan forum, we've all agreed to keep the discussion concerning raw vegan foods.

There are plenty of places on the internet to get information about organic yogurt. But this isn't one of them.

We would be happy to support you with any problems or issues you might be having on the raw diet.

We recently had an incident where a brand new member told us what we ought to be discussing, that it wasn't OK for us to keep our discussions limited to raw vegan topics. In fact, they wanted to discuss the merits of cooking. Given that their agenda didn't match that of this forum, I closed their user account.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2009 08:55PM by Bryan.

Date: July 05, 2009 08:54PM

cool thanks! Peace and Love!

Date: July 05, 2009 09:30PM

Thanks Bryan! I'll make sure you're the first to know if I have any problems or issues... Peace and Love!!!

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: July 05, 2009 11:07PM

QUINOA KEFIR ~ Produces an exceptional calming, soothing smoothness to the digestive system with no bloating or gas.
Soak 1.5 cups of quinoa in water for two hours to remove the saponins, then change the water and resoaking for two more hours. Then grow the quinoa sprouts for about 2 days till the root is just over 1⁄4”, and then “rinse well several times.” Grind them up in a blender with 3 cups of quality water for 5 minutes. Then put a large piece of silk or cheesecloth over a colander and squeeze out all the liquid from the solids.

The kefir starter I use is Yogourment, Freeze-dried Kefir Starter www.lyosan.ca Put the quinoa milk in a glass jar and add 1⁄2 sachet of Kefir starter grains. Cover the jar with a cloth and left on the countertop for around 12 hrs depending on how hot it is. It separates out to clear liquid on top, with thick creamy liquid down the bottom. So if you wanted a richer mix you could siphon off the top liquid and use it for juices, smoothies, facial-beauty preparations or on the garden. You can also add ground chia seeds to the mix if you want a thicker consistency.

You can use this Quinoa Kefir as a dairy replacement (or in addition to yogurt) as a rich source of probiotics. It would be great in raw deserts, salads, with raw-sprouted cereals, superfood smoothies, pilaf and in salad dressings, raw sauces and soups etc...Clay powder/quinoa juice facepack makes your face red, but the redness goes away in 1/2 an hour. Clay/quinoa juice is also good for washing your teeth with as it preserves mouth ecology, whereas salt and baking soda formulas irritate the mucus membranes.

Date: July 06, 2009 12:05AM

Oh yes! Quinoa and chia... that is brilliant! Thankyou so much Janabanana! Peace and Love to you and your family!!!

I'm going to paste and copy your recipe if that OK with you. Thanks again!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables