Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Anyone... Noni
Posted by: Buddha ()
Date: July 06, 2009 01:04AM

Anyone has some personal exprience with Noni? Bought some tea bags and was wondering what are the benefits?

Could really use some personal exprience... I checked out all the websites already (mostly promotional).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone... Noni
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 06, 2009 01:42AM

Took it avidly for a while as a bottled juice. Could've been that it was slightly pasteurized, but I found it too astrigent and a waste of money. I think if you are in the South Pacific and can tolerate noni juice straight or cut with something sweet, have at it. Here's an interesting article:

[www.consumerhealth.org]

Date: July 06, 2009 02:21AM

Very infomative link... Thank Tamukha! Peace and Love!

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: July 06, 2009 07:46AM

First, I want to ask why you chose the name. I call myself a Buddhist. But I sure don't see Buddha or buddha in myself. Someday perhaps.

Second, (I'll get to the noni next), do you know of any Zen temples anywhere in the world where raw foodism is understood / accepted / practiced? Either among lay people or by ordained people. I seriously consider ordaining but balk at the idea of giving up raw foods. For sure, I believe, that up to the present, nearly every enlightened person has woken up on a cooked food regime. Not long ago I said I'd give up raw foods for ordination if it were a requisite to ordination. But, these days I find myself more hesitant.

Third, yeah, the noni. I lived in Thailand for several years. There's a group there called Santi Asoke. A rather small group of about two thousand (core) pepole doing tons of really fabulous things.

One of those is / was growing and drinking noni. So, you can find trees at some of the temples. They also ferment and bottle the stuff, to sell and to drink themselves.

I met one guy who said that after just a month of drinking the stuff all his digestive troubles cleared up. I met other people who said other things. I don't remember their stories now. But, you know, like so many other things, proponents say that it's a god send, and cures this and that and every thing else.

Myself, I drank my share of the stuff. 100% noni juice is hard to stomach. So, they dilute it with various amounts of sugar, I think it was sugar. Organic brown sugar. Not white sugar coated with molasses.

I didn't notice that it did me any good for anything. But, I can say that for most of the thousands of things I've done for my health over the years. Maybe it's just that I haven't stuck with any one thing long enough. Don't know. I drank the stuff for more than a month. I believe I followed the instructions. It tastes quite good diluted with sugar.

And the fruit itself is also pretty harsh to eat straight. But, you know, eating just one or two, very ripe ones, wasn't that hard. By Natural Hygiene principles though, it's not food because it's not something you can pleasantly eat a handful of.

Myself, I mostly lean toward such Natural Hygiene thought / practice even though I don't stick very strictly to even the principles that I know of.

So, there you have it. I'd really like to see what you have to say about my #1 and #2.

Don't forget your practice.
Troy.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Date: July 06, 2009 07:20PM

1. I try to see the Buddha in everyone and in everything I do... And from what I have understood from Lord Buddha is that one should give up denominations. I quote you -->"Discriminating minds want to know." Non-discriminating minds DO know!<--

2. What does it matter... specially once you know who you are! Everyone has a unique individual path; stick to it!

Peace and Love!!!
Thanks for the info on the Noni! smiling smiley

Date: July 06, 2009 07:41PM

Oh one last thing I forgot to say... All things are transient, so why worry about it!

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: July 10, 2009 08:21PM

Hi Buddha
I tried Noni for 2-3 months and it helped with my PMS. I did notice vitality significant although people said my eyeballs got really clean.
Here we call it 'dog dumplings', because when it is ripe it stinks like, well, dog dumplings! winking smiley
How I was taught to prepare it is, when ripe, slice it cover with clean water and let it ferment. I did a huge jar and drank 1 -2 oz daily, adding water when it got low. It doesn't taste nice, (what medicine does).
A brother I know makes like a wine from it, adding a sweetener, I didn't, I just held my nose and swallowed. He had a book on it which said it has similar properties to pineapple, bromelain I think is the main.
I only stopped when I could get any fresh ones. Then I stopped looking.
Thanks for the reminder.

Date: July 11, 2009 06:13PM

Hi there OkunDeji

"I did notice vitality significant although people said my eyeballs got really clean." <---- I have noticed the same. Can't say it has helped my PMS though grinning smiley <--LOL!!!

"Here we call it 'dog dumplings', because when it is ripe it stinks like, well, dog dumplings!" winking smiley <---LOL!

Where are you from, OkunDeji? Thanks so much for the info!smiling smiley
Hope your having an awesome day and life! Peace and Love!
Drinking my Noni tea as I type this.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables