Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Swine flu Vaccine
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: July 13, 2009 05:58PM

Im just wondering what to do. The Government here in the uk wants to vaccinate the entire population for swine flu. Yes if I got swine flu I may die as I have IBD but Im afraid the Vaccine may cause me harm as well. What should I do.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2009 05:59PM by Hellokitty.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Swine flu Vaccine
Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: July 13, 2009 06:02PM

I wont be having it, same as I have declined flu vacine for the past 2 years.

They will be offering it from Autumn time.

Posted by: Buddha ()
Date: July 13, 2009 06:26PM

I'm no doctor but personally I would do it if I were you. It's my opinion based on your health situation... But if you been raw for a long time, you don't really get sick and your immune system is strong well then I personally would not do the vaccine... I would rather turn to alternative medicine.

We gamble with the choices we make... but good luck with that. Best wishes and good health! Peace and Love!

Date: July 13, 2009 06:28PM

Ive always decliend the flu one. I did get a meningitis one 10 years ago one but I fainted because of it so im really not keen on this one. I only thought that maybe I should as I live in London.

Date: July 13, 2009 06:47PM

its up to you entirely, research and make an educated decision

eitherway it wont be available for around 3-4 months!

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: July 13, 2009 06:50PM

Don't worry about it until its actually offered!
A lot could change between now and then!
The government here in the UK does not know what is doing from one day to the next!

Also consider the level of healing you will have experienced on raw food.

I live in the UK.
I don't have your medical condition.
None of my family will be having that jab.
That's for sure!
Love and healing
ffx

Posted by: Buddha ()
Date: July 13, 2009 06:50PM

Well, I live next door to where it started and it hasn't been that big of an issue here... I haven't heard of people dropping dead or anything...except for Michael Jackson (but I believe that was a different situation)!

But I don't know how things are in London.

Date: July 13, 2009 07:04PM

People at my work are being treated, I am NOT worried, I wont be getting vacinated

Lot of scaremongering in south and south easte.. people wrenching their kids out of school etc. Media hyping everything up as usual.

I will be offered it as priority if/when its offered due to having crohns on my medical file.

Flu is flu is flu. far as I am concearned!

Date: July 13, 2009 07:06PM

1 person died in London. in south London. I do live in South London. He only died because he had a health condition, it doesnt seem to kill heathy people. I only considered it as I live in London. If I was out of London I wouldent have it done.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 13, 2009 08:04PM

Hellokitty,

Look, thousands of people die from viral pneumonia every year(I almost did when I was ten), but no one panics about it 'cos it's just part of the world we live in. If your immune system is working properly, you should be fine. The problem with vaccines is that they typically contain a large array of weird proteins and chemicals, and even other infectious pathogens, like fungal organisms. That's why so many people get ill after a flu shot--it puts the body into a hysterical immune crisis instead of one focused on a single pathogen like a virus. Hopefully, your immune system will have healed sufficiently by the time the vaccine push comes around that you can opt out.

Date: July 13, 2009 08:09PM

Yea I think I will opt out. The meningites jab was usless. It made me ill and I would have never got it in any case. In fact maybe it helped cause my IBD in any case. It certainly made me ill for about a week.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 13, 2009 08:22PM

Hellokitty,

God, that's terrible. I do wish you continued, speedy healing. I have faith that when one's body is running well, one can withstand the onslaught of practically anything!

Posted by: jericho sunfire ()
Date: July 13, 2009 09:00PM

I think the questionshould be...will you have a choice to refuse the vaccine.

JS

JERICHO SUNFIRE-BASIC TRAINING
www.jerichosunfire.com

Date: July 13, 2009 09:05PM

no one can pin you down and vaccinate you

meningitis and TB etc...was meant to be manadtory. I did not have any jabs after the age of 10

I am scheduled in every year for flujab as a crohns sufferer, now 100% healed.

your choice.

Date: July 13, 2009 09:13PM

Yea I think they will schedule me in but they cant do anything if you don't go. Thats the way it was for the menigitis one

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 13, 2009 11:03PM

I don't want any vaccinations and that includes Swine flu. I'll pass on the jab.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 14, 2009 01:44AM

Hellokitty,

I can't tell you what to do with the vaccine, but for myself, never.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: July 14, 2009 05:53AM

A link to a petition against mandatory vaccination:

[www.thepetitionsite.com]

Date: July 14, 2009 08:21AM

Well these posts answer my question. Im not getting it. Thanks guys. I think it will only prevent my healing. These durgs often effect the immunity system as well and the vaccine porbaly will effect my colitis

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 14, 2009 10:27AM

Thanks for that petition link Debbie. I'm gonna put it on Facebook now smiling smiley

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 14, 2009 11:16AM

by the way, just saw there's already a facebook group about this - here's the link for anybody who's interested:
[www.facebook.com]

smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 14, 2009 11:46PM

HelloKitty I've sent you a private message about it...

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 15, 2009 03:46AM

I had the flu last weekend! I'm pretty sure it was probably the swine flu, because it's going around a lot here in Cambridge and Boston. Well, it lasted 12 hours, and it was... delightful! (Really!) I felt kind of pleasantly delirious, and didn't get nauseous at all (as I have in the past when I had the flu-- I was really afraid of that). I had a fever for a couple of hours, with muscle aches, and I had the runs for a little while, but throughout the whole thing I was in a kind of altered state and felt really happy. I came down with it on a Saturday night after working 2 long, hard monitor shifts Friday and Saturday, but by Sunday at 1pm I was back out in the Square doing my next shift, and I was fine. On Friday and Saturday I had noticed that I didn't feel real 'spunky'-- a little fatigued and under the weather; didn't realize I was coming down with the flu at all.

Anyway.... I've never had a flu shot as an adult, and hope I never have one forced on me.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 15, 2009 04:35AM

go to healthdoctor.org Dr. Richard DeAndrea creator of 21 day detox
Under the heading Third Opinion listen to the first recording of the radio talk show and you will learn what the heck is going on.

Date: July 18, 2009 04:36AM

I blew it Dr. De Andrea is Natural Doctor.org Then go to Third Opinion and listen to his previous radio spots regarding this topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables