Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Wheatgrass nutirition - ASTOUNDING!!!
Date: April 04, 2016 11:46PM

I am using a 100 gram measurement, and l am assuming it is wheatgrass powder given the 429 calories per 100.

The amazing nutrition figures come from this website:
[nutritiondata.self.com]

All a person needs to do is add 2 heaping tablespoons of powder to their meals each day (about 14 grams) and that would add a great nutrition boost to their meals. See, these algae and grasses are good little top ups. Look! This is just the tip of the iceberg, much more could be said about grasses than is shown here.

Might do post more figures about E3 live powder and Hydrilla another day and have fun with sums.

This coming winter l shall be juicing heaps of barley grass, oat grass and pea shoot greens. These things are very very good, and l find they are noticeably better on the body than ordinary sprouts or vegetables. Is it the chlorophyll in the grasses that make it best of all and the other microgreens second best? Can't be sure. Is it the `so called' "grass juice factor"? Can't be sure, but the grasses seem to have some sort of X factor that makes it prized above all else. The grasses seem to be surpassed in nutrition (minerals, vitamins and phytochemicals) by sunflower greens, but the grasses are the best of all. Hmmm, l wonder why exactly.

People will run down grass as having no nutrition, but besides this not being correct, there is far more to this plants healing abilities than plain old known nutrition...this plant has the X factor which makes it the most prized green of all.

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2016 11:56PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wheatgrass nutirition - ASTOUNDING!!!
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 05, 2016 02:00AM

more is not better.

high amounts may cause problems with some nutrients

yes, they often claim that there is little danger from food sources, but i suspect that juicing can result in levels of many nutrients that can be dangerous in various ways. hemorrhage is one effect of high amounts of several nutrients. neurological problems caused by high levels of manganese for another example.

manganese 4000mg shown above in your example

"The tolerable upper intake level of manganese is 11 mg a day for all adults. Depending on their specific age, the tolerable upper intake for children ranges from 2 mg to 9 mg a day. As of August 2011, no reported cases of manganese toxicity from dietary sources existed. This means you could probably consume large amounts of manganese through food and not experience any unpleasant side effects. However, getting more than the tolerable upper intake of manganese through supplements does increase your likelihood of experiencing adverse, and potentially serious, side effects. Never exceed this amount through supplementation unless you are under the supervision of a doctor."

Date: April 05, 2016 02:32AM

Is manganese overconsumption a problem with food according to PROPER studies? If it is it is more reason to drink fresh juiced grasses instead of powders, but even juiced grasses and sprouts can cause problems if not carefully done.

In summery, generally a diet should be put together carefully without various nutrients being too excessive. Some things like B12 can be had in high amounts, but things like vitamin K1, iodine and other things need to be more limited. Various nutrient supplementations can also limit absorption of other nutrients, but does this happen with food sources?

There are so many things we don't know, so l think if we are to do some foods excessively high in various nutrients that it would pay to get blood spectra testing to see how these foods changes our nutrient balances.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 05, 2016 02:43AM

The Sproutarian Man

>Is manganese overconsumption a problem with food according to PROPER studies?

just putting it out there for people to consider...

>If it is it is more reason to drink fresh juiced grasses instead of powders, but even juiced grasses and sprouts can cause problems if not carefully done.

fair enough. i like your "if it is it is" phrase above!

>In summery, generally a diet should be put together carefully without various nutrients being too excessive. Some things like B12 can be had in high amounts, but things like vitamin K1, iodine and other things need to be more limited. Various nutrient supplementations can also limit absorption of other nutrients, but does this happen with food sources?

true

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 15, 2016 08:42AM

It is the high consumption of a particular vitamin in the form of a pill that is a more of the problem not high consumption of a food, especially raw food.

The food does not got directly into our blood stream, it is raw material used by the body along with many others like air and water that the body use to build the blood.

One guy lived on just fresh raw tomatoes he was growing all summer without a single health issue.

I have been drinking high quantity of barley grass morning and night for more than a year now, my health is superb. One thing strange I found is that I now need less food from other sources, I even stop eating nuts and seeds.

It is possible that there may be issues in the long term but for now every thing is near perfect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2016 08:48AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: April 15, 2016 09:08PM

Yes, l used to drink two large trays of wheatgrass per day...one in the morning and one during lunch at my old work place, and l felt amazing. I went through huge amounts of grass juice for years. I would use a 40 pound sack of wheat every 6 - 8 weeks.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 17, 2016 02:24PM

After more than a year on high intake of barley grass juice it has become difficult for me to drink wheatgrass juice.

I can keep barley grass juice in my mouth for many minutes but I cannot still do that with wheatgrass juice. Maybe I am missing out on some nutrients in wheatgrass

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2016 02:26PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: April 17, 2016 07:42PM

I find wheatgrass hard to drink too, but l find barley grass, rye grass and oat grass much easier. Other people find wheatgrass easy to drink.

I doubt you would be missing any nutrients in juice,l think it is more about personal taste.

www.thesproutarian.com

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 24, 2016 09:32PM

Raw wheatgrass powder transformed my hair (which is of course a marker for even more important internal transformations).
My hair had a lot of big, ugly white patches interspersed with the dark brown and gray. I started a course of raw wheatgrass powder + macca powder, and 6 months later the 'mess' on my head was so different: the white patches disappeared and my whole head was a dark charcoal gray color. The only place I still had a little bit of soft, fuzzy white hair was just on the very edges around my face.
:-)))))))))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables