Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pondering on diet and mood...
Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: July 30, 2009 03:26AM

Well, to start off Im not raw, about 75%ish?? But I am vegan and have been for a while now. Since eating more and more raw I've noticed that when I eat like I used to Im not able too. I get full super quick, way stuffed to the point that I cant eat a bite more or ill get sick, It also affects my mood for the next couple days, im down and moody and such. Once I made the mistake of eating oreos and I woke up in the middle of the night and actually got sick and puked them up. My point is that Im happy that my body is getting more sensitive but my mind is still wanting/craving food that is bad. I know that its bad, my body knows so why do I give into the cravings?? Just a few thoughts to say the least. Does anyone else have or gone through this? Okay, night everyone~

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pondering on diet and mood...
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: July 30, 2009 03:54AM

morgenjune

Well, to start off Im not raw, about 75%ish??
A person who is 75% to 80% or more is usually considered "high raw".

or ill get sick
I feel bad and even sick if I eat heavy processed cooked food too.

It also affects my mood
I've also noticed a food/mood connection since eating raw.

why do I give into the cravings?
I think its because cooked foods are addictive. Most everyone "slips" back into the old cooked food addiction but that goes away with time and experience.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 30, 2009 05:05AM

It can screw with your mind a bit, but just remember what foods made you feel good and what made you feel bad. This is all learning you have to do. This is a brand new world!!! It's not something you do overnight, nor over weeks or even months. Think of how long it took you to learn to eat the first time round, how to eat cookies, what soda you like and how much, when pasta was good and when it was a bit much etc. You need to do the same with raw food, you need to learn it all and how it affects your body.

I remember back to my teenage years when I could routinely eat a whole pack of cookies along with loads of milk and I just laugh. I wouldn't be able for that now... back then I wouldn't be able for the raw food I take now!!!!

If you're raw for a while and thin, it could be dangerous to binge on the quantaties of processed food you may have had before, so try to keep fruit around at ALL times and eat it even if you don't feel you need it around your binge. Trust me, it'll lessen your binge.

Screwing with your mind... well I suppose it can get a bit obsessive sometimes. But so can anything, better to be obsessive with your health than some crazy stupid thing. tongue sticking out smiley And it can make your body so much better permanently!!! It can screw with your mind when you consider eating processed food, it's still far better than the alternative!!!!

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: July 30, 2009 11:10AM

Thanks you guys! I feel a bit more normal now smiling smiley I also feel inspired to go at rawism with a new vengeance today!! Im packing my bag with a whole cantaloupe, an orange, kiwi, nectarine, grapes and a bunch of cherries! Yum! Im also inspired to do an online journal on my musings. Is there a good site to do that on? I kinda like pondering out loud and seeing what others have to say, its good positive re-enforcement. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: July 30, 2009 12:47PM

our bodies are generally much smarter than our minds :-D

to get your mind to 'catch up' you could try techniques such as hypnotherapy or EFT. or of course meditation is wonderful.

or you could 'kid' your mind by using transitional type foods such as fancy raw recipes, dehydrated stuff, etc.

good luck smiling smiley

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 30, 2009 05:24PM

Some of us journal on the diary section of this site.

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: July 31, 2009 02:41AM

It's funny, I don't really feel like raw food makes a huge difference in my mood, but my kids tell me completely otherwise.

They tell me they can always tell when I have been eating cooked foods, because I get cranky (well, I think they might have used a slightly stronger word, haha!!)

Interesting.....

They might make fun of me sometimes, but they really want me to stick to it!

(like I would ever be "cranky" - how absurd!)

LOL

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables