Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Planning your food for the day
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 05, 2009 09:53PM

Do most of you plan ahead of time what you are going to eat for the day to make sure you are getting the nutrients you want, the right amount of carbs, fat, protein, calories, etc., or do you reach a point with raw foods that if you listen to your body it lets you know what it is hungry for and you eat that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Planning your food for the day
Posted by: jwebs16 ()
Date: August 05, 2009 09:56PM

I'm new...about 3-4 weeks in and I learn a new lesson every week. This week I learned that if I don't plan my meals I end up slipping by night time. So for me...I have to plan them for now. I'm sure my body will start telling me what i need sooner or later.

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 05, 2009 10:01PM

There is so much to learn! I can't believe all the info out there that I need to read to learn about eating raw. I'm excited about this journey though.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 05, 2009 10:10PM

Molli, I don't plan meals and you don't have to. Many find it easier and better not to, just eat when hungry. It's the natural way to eat.

People who plan meals and have rigid rules cave in and break all the rules eventually. The simpler it is, the more likely you are to stick with it. Just avoid the non-raw foods, and make an attempt to avoid the slightly processed/made-up raw foods as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2009 10:11PM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 05, 2009 10:26PM

I keep it as simple as possible. I don't count or weigh anything, instead I rely on my body to coach me about when to eat/drink, how much to consume, and what to consume. At first there is a lot of "static" in the signals due to SAD habits and addictions but that clears with time and as you get cleaner inside. At first I found it helpful to filter the signal by asking myself if the signal is for something fresh, raw, and vegan and if the answer was no then just let that message go as static.
I always plan ahead enough so that I have something fresh, raw, and vegan on hand for breakfast. Today's breakfast was watermelon.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2009 10:34PM by EZ rider.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 05, 2009 10:31PM

I find it best to always have fresh greens and sweet fruits on hand and supplement with whatever non-sweet fruits you want, and limit nuts, seeds, oils, and other processed and high-fat foods.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 06, 2009 02:02AM

yes i am almost militant about my food smiling smiley i carry around in my car several 6 pack size cooler bags hard and soft ones with various whole fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds, small paring knives, i even have a magic bullet blender in the car which i have used on many many occaisions smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: August 08, 2009 02:58PM

It may depend on your background with food. I come from one of food addiction and it is very important for me to plan my meals on a daily basis so i know what i am getting and not setting myself up for night time binges because i haven't eaten enough calories!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables