Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

day one support
Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: August 08, 2009 02:56AM

I will be fasting tomorrow.
I have not been eating raw for the past 8 months. i feel awful! i am tired all the time and have lost a lot of the benefits i gained from being raw for 13 months. I cant say its been all bad because it really allowed god to show me how prideful i used to be when raw. My family i live with eats and extreme SAD diet. fried food at least 4 times a week. they actually own a fryer. its hard being around them. honestly (their kitchen mostly). i love them to death but i feel really alone in this. i am reaching out here for support because i really need it. i did not just become a raw foodie because it was good for me. i did it because it was the only way out of a downward spiral of food addiction i seem to find my self in. i hate the way it makes me feel yet i can not stop eating it. it causes me to do and act in ways i normally would not. its hard to live in a place with so much SAD food. I need help resisting temptation.
i will be fasting tomorrow to pray about the situation as well as clear my head and my stomach.
thank you
christina

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: day one support
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 08, 2009 03:13AM

byHIShands, you have nothing to be ashamed about. Processed food is truly frightful stuff. The media have it right to bash and be afraid of drugs, cigarettes, alcohol a little. They should treat processed foods in the exact same way.

I don't understand why marajuana always has such a shady image over it in the media (no, I have never tried marajuana or any drug), and yet bread and milk and cookies are treated as though there's nothing wrong with them. Sure there are people who can apparently keep their usage under control, it's the same with marajuana. Even in small amounts they can't do better with those foods only worse.

You ever see those horror pictures of meth or heroin users? And those "before" and "after" pictures? Nasty aren't they? PROCESSED FOOD DO THE SAME THING OR WORSE TO PEOPLE!!! It's not all about being super fat either (even though a whole lot of it is considering how bad and unnatural being even slightly fat is).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 03:16AM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 08, 2009 03:21AM

Christina,

I'm glad you are here posting. Good luck on your fast tomorrow. Stay true to yourself and you will make it.

Molli

Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: August 08, 2009 03:38AM

thanks for the feedback.
i do understand that some people are just made with a little more fluff than others and that some people are bigger boned. But i defiantly agree that it is a drug and it has awful affects. it is so sad that we are so blind to this as a society.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 08, 2009 01:24PM

Christina,

Good luck, and remember that the Creator wishes you to honor the body you were born into and to treat it with love and respect. There is nothing wrong with being aware that eating poorly corrupts this sacred gift. Keep us posted : )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables