Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

which one woud you choose?
Posted by: irena ()
Date: August 09, 2009 06:56PM

At this stage of my raw journey I have found out that the only way I can stay high raw is by having "raw binge days". I struggle with emotional eating and I realize that the issue should tackled from a different side, but for the moment I am dealing with it by allowing myself to eat anything as long as it is raw. Generally on these days I have 3-4 avocados, dates, and fruits without paying much attention to food combining (example watermelon followed by avocados, etc.). I don't do nuts or any gourmet raw meals so my food choices are still fresh, raw, ripe, whole fruits and vegetables and I guess the only thing that I deem wrong about them is too much fat from avocados, too much dates (not completely fresh and less optimal due to lack of water content), and quantity intake which is greater as a result to my futile attempt to satiate an emotional issue rather than physical hunger. My other alternative that seems to work is eating steamed veggies, rice and potatoes on those days ,again large quantities but less fat %age. Which one do you think is better? I know both are not optimal but I am just trying to figure out the less of the 2 evils?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: which one woud you choose?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: August 09, 2009 07:27PM

irena Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Which one do you think is better?
First, look in the mirror and tell yourself how
Wonderful you are.
I'd vote for binging on Fruit, and other 'good' foods, rather
than eating even small amounts of 'cooked'. Eventually you will
solve the problem....you're the Boss.....WY

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 09, 2009 08:22PM

Irena,

I second WY's advice to give yourself an affirmation in the mirror--daily. And to opt for fruit. But if that doesn't satisfy, and the worst that you are doing is overeating avo and dates, for Pete's sake, cut yourself some slack! You're not committing murder! No, not even against yourself. That you recognize that you are eating this way instead of dealing with the core psychological issue is healthy. Keep that in mind and keep trying to tackle it--imagine how proud of yourself you will be ! Keep us posted : )

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 09, 2009 08:33PM

I also would vote for staying raw but I would try to tweak the binge day by eating simple raw. Try to eat mono meals of just one food to keep the digestion simpler. The simple meals should result in better signals of satiation.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 09, 2009 10:21PM

I can relate to your eating struggles. I would definitely say go with the raw food. It's easy to slide back into cooked food once you give yourself that opening.

Good luck and feel free to drop a line if you need to talk! :]

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: August 09, 2009 10:44PM

I also vote for staying raw even if you're not going to be eating optimal meals.

Also, the fact that you're even asking this question means that you're doing incredibly well!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 10:55PM by Omega.

Date: August 09, 2009 10:50PM

irena,

"binging" on "fruit" makes no sense. Eat as much fruit as you want, whatever way you want. It doesn't have anything to do with emotional issues even though you might feel as though it does.

Food combining is a load of hooey, EXCEPT when you don't eat the foods as they are in nature. I don't know why people can't understand the way we're evolved to eat.

Okay that's it, I can't repeat it anymore. I'm done.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: August 09, 2009 10:54PM

SuperInfinity Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Food combining is a load of hooey, EXCEPT when you
> don't eat the foods as they are in nature.

In your opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2009 10:56PM by Omega.

Date: August 09, 2009 10:58PM

food combining is very helpful for many people but if it's not important to you and you don't benefit from it don't worry about doing it "just because".

for me there are simple cooked foods that i believe are more healthy than some gourmet raw dishes or very bad cominations that set my stomach a-rolling. it's a personal choice. if you feel that having any cooked food will cause you to want more and more of it then you can avoid it altogether. but if it works for you during transition and helps while you get settled into a routine with more and more raw then go for it! see what works and don't stress out about it. if you want to eat raw foods, you will. nothing is going to stop you from doing that if it's what you really want, no matter how much time it might take to get there. it's a journey, might as well enjoy all the steps along the way.

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:15AM

I'd go with the fruit and don't keep many avocados around to eat.

Posted by: irena ()
Date: August 10, 2009 04:17AM

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate everybody's thoughts and opinions.
Tamukha, you are right, I am not committing a cardinal sin, thanks for giving me that perspective.
I really think I should choose raw instead of cooked just because I tend to be able to get back to my normal raw easier and don't feel as "guilty" as with cooked.
Superinfinity, yes you are right fruit binge sounds little bit like an oxymoron but believe me it is possible; but it's mostly the avos and the dates I think...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables