Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Warm weather as part of raw food lifestyle?
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: August 10, 2009 05:55PM

Hi,

Do any of you feel that living in year-round warm weather is an integral part of a raw food lifestyle? That we belong in warm weather and that living in a cold climate is essentially unnatural?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Warm weather as part of raw food lifestyle?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 10, 2009 06:42PM

You could be onto something there... humans evolved living in a really warm climate in Africa (although there were ice ages). I don't know about "integral part" though... you can live in a cold environment and stick to and receive the same benefits from raw.

I think cold climate can be okay if it comes on slowly and the body adjusts to it, that takes a bit of time. The worst thing would be going in and out of hot environments during the day and heating your house up so much then going into the freezing cold. That's really unnatural.

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: August 10, 2009 06:55PM

I think it is important to live in a place with a year round growing season.
Food loses nutritional value quickly once picked and shipped. In order to succeed on the raw food diet in a healthy way one must have access to fresh organic produce of a high quality.
I was living in Ojai CA a year ago and since moved back to the NY area. My health has significantly deteriorated - not only from lack of fresh high quality produce but also from being surrounded by lots of radiation, pollution, pesticides etc...

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 10, 2009 06:57PM

No, I fell it is very natural to live thru all 4 seasons.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: August 10, 2009 07:12PM

Thanks for the feedback so far.

I guess I could rephrase the question as: do you think it it most natural for humans to live in a warm climate?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 10, 2009 07:52PM

Omega,

I don't think it's necessarily most natural anymore, as we have been living in harsher climates than the savannah for many millenia now. I personally adore autumn and winter, down to my bones, and know this must be instinctive. I think if one feels somehow unsettled in a four season northern climate, that might be a sign that one isn't meant to thrive there : )

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 10, 2009 07:53PM

I don't think so...not for everyone, anyway. I for example, could live in the Antarctic or Alaskan climate with no problem, as I rather enjoy the cold weather. I personally don't do well with heat...

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 11, 2009 12:04AM

I DO love the change in seasons,but a cold salad on a cold winter day is less than heartwarming.Its times like that you have to rely on your intellect and know you are eating the right way.
But boy,do I miss a nice hot cup of chili or stew on a cold winters day.
V

Date: August 11, 2009 01:29AM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I DO love the change in seasons,but a cold salad
> on a cold winter day is less than heartwarming.Its
> times like that you have to rely on your intellect
> and know you are eating the right way.
> But boy,do I miss a nice hot cup of chili or stew
> on a cold winters day.
> V

Well I know it's not natural, but I don't think green tea or coffee that's been left to cool a good bit could be so bad for you.

I had lots of worries about it until I started thinking of it this way: if you regurgitate stuff it's not ice cold like tap water is it? Not at all... it's warmish to hot. I think it could be around 37 degrees celsius or body temperature, but I don't know about that. So your body will be getting it to that temperature anyway. Also what about hot springs in primitive man?

I just wouldn't go drinking hot coffee with my normal foods... I read something about things being denatured or something from drinking very hot liquids somewhere (but they may have been really hot). If your body has to cool it down it's probably bad. But if it's a little warm, I say don't sweat it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 01:31AM by SuperInfinity.

Date: August 11, 2009 01:56AM

well coffee is sure off my list! first the beans are burned and then steeped in boiling hot water and Full of caffeine that makes my heart race and hands shake. every once in a while i NEED to do something with energy on a day when i have little and i think "oh, a coffee..." and suffer and suffer and suffer the whole day through. it sucks.

but, as to the original question, yes of course i think we are meant to live in a warm climate. that's where the food grows, not to mention that we live in these soft squishy bodies that aren't meant to wear clothes and can't take the cold.

I'd move to a warm, clothing optional community in a hot second.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 11, 2009 02:21AM

Clothing optional??
Lets all get nakey.

Vinnie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables