Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

If you were single
Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 10, 2009 08:08PM

Now that you are raw foodist, would you consider marrying someone who was not a raw food eater? I've only converted to raw for a week now, and I am actually doing quite well. Now I don't even know if I want to date someone who doesn't eat raw! Seems it would be a major hassle if he expected me to cook for him while I'm juicing my food!!! Plus, I am seriously considering becoming a 100% vegan, so I don't think I want animal products in my home! I sure don't want to have to cook them for someone. Although I love to cook, I can't believe the extra time I have eating a raw food diet. Sure, I spend more time shopping for food right now, but that is because I'm very new at this and have to discover where to shop for what, etc. But heck -- once I've stocked the fridge and counter with fresh fruits and veggies, and sprouting my seeds and soaking my nuts, it is SO EASY to eat! I am loving this. I don't think I'd want to go back to preparing cooked meals for someone!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: If you were single
Date: August 10, 2009 08:29PM

My boyfriend and I were not raw food eaters when we met. I soon became one and started shopping for food that was only raw. He did those pouts when there were no eggs for breakfast, or rice, buttery potatoes, bread, etc, you get the idea. Well I woke him up and said "Here's breakfast" and handed him a colorful raw homemade juice from my juicer! THat was the begining of our wonderful relationship that soon became a lover of raw food! He loves my raw creations and always looks forward to the next and I never thought I can make him eat raw but he loves it because I LOVE to make raw food, and soon my son who is 10 years old, always looks forward to my healthy snacks, when he used to be the #1 fan of McDonalds, not anymore.

I believe when you love raw food, you love to make raw food creations, and you will bring happiness to anyone that tries it and soon you'll see that you can take a meat eater and make him love raw food!

Date: August 10, 2009 08:31PM

Good thoughts! Maybe I could do that. haha at the pouts comment, and yeah, I do know what you meant!

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: August 10, 2009 08:35PM

I would prefer to have a "RAW" person from the start; It is much easier to have one that is like-minded, than to try to "convert" someone...

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 10, 2009 09:21PM

hell yes. i have me an omnivore who eats cooked food. best man i know, most compatible person for me, and i love him more than anything. i was already raw and vegan when i met him.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 10, 2009 09:33PM

I am single and my current girlfriend eats anything under the sun,but it in no way affects my eating one bit.
Its up to me what I put in my mouth.
Period.

Vinny

Date: August 10, 2009 09:35PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am single and my current girlfriend eats
> anything under the sun,but it in no way affects my
> eating one bit.
> Its up to me what I put in my mouth.
> Period.
>
> Vinny

How do you go out to dinner with her? I'm wondering how this is going to work with my new found way of eating!

Date: August 10, 2009 09:38PM

I go out with her by getting in the car,driving to a restaurant,then ordering.
Of course in a restrant I am pretty much limited to salad bars.
I am not wanting to sound sarcastic about it,but its up to each and every one of us what we put in our mouths,and if my partner doesnt like it,thats her problem.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 09:39PM by eaglefly.

Date: August 10, 2009 09:41PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I go out with her by getting in the car,driving to
> a restaurant,then ordering.
> I am not wanting to sound sarcastic about it,but
> its up to each and every one of us what we put in
> our mouths,and if my partner doesnt like it,thats
> her problem.

So do you choose a raw food restaurant? Or do you order a salad and fruit at a regular restaurant? I haven't gone out to eat yet since I switched to raw food, mostly because I don't want to eat restaurant fruit that has probably been sitting in their fridge for too many days or a salad that is probably far from organic. You may live in an area with more choice for restaurants then I do though.

You said if your partner doesn't like it, thats her problem. Does that men that you choose a restaurant that suits your raw food diet? I'm wondering what you meant by that comment?

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 10, 2009 10:08PM

I tend to think that most of us in relationships, regardless of diet, agree or decide together on a restaurant before we get there?

I go to restaurants I know will have a spinach or spring mix salad.

Date: August 10, 2009 10:23PM

I let her pick the place,as long as it has a salad barsmiling smiley
I am not too concerned about how long the fruit has sat.
We only eat out about twice a month,so I focus on enjoying it rather than get too concerned about such things.I personally have never had any friction between me and another person regarding what we put in our mouths.
It just doesnt exist for me.

Winny

Date: August 10, 2009 10:31PM

I think that for now I will lay off of dates that involve eating! I'm too new to raw and don't want to be tempted to eat a cheeseburger and fries, or mexican food, or something else that really isn't good for me!

Date: August 11, 2009 12:01AM

That might be hard as most dates revolve around a meal.
Just stand your ground sweety.
You know you are eating the best way possible.

Vinny

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 11, 2009 02:01AM

dinner dates are So Boring anyhow. think up something amazingly interesting and different to do instead. bring your own snacks and have fun. how about planning and painting a labyrinth somewhere and then walking it? i want to do that. that would take up two dates at least, make sure you like the guy!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:15AM

if two people are craaaaazy about each other

that answer will take care of itself in time

you will know what to do

they will know what to do

love has a way of making things work out

yeah

enjoy what you have

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 11, 2009 02:46PM

If I just met Jonathan this week (he eats raw fruit and salad, cooked vegetables, nuts, and a little bit of meat) I'd still take him in a heartbeat. He's a keeper, and so much more interesting, intelligent, thoughtful and health-minded than 99% of the other guys I've met over the years that I'd be a nut to reject him because his diet isn't exactly like mine. Plus he's a wonderful lover! :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables