Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what to eat
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 06, 2006 12:15AM

Ello. I would love to begin on a raw foods diet soon. I might seem very idiotic with this post, but...I'm still not quite sure what foods are appropriate, or considered "raw". Is ordering a Caesar salad from a restaurant still okay? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

A Raw Foods Virgin.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what to eat
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 06, 2006 02:01AM

A salad from a restaurant is ok. Just tell 'em to hold the dressing and croutons and put as much raw vegetables on there as possible. Bring your own dressing (in your pocket or pocketbook) and discreetly put it on the salad.

Good luck and have fun! Remember, new raw food restaurants are opening all the time. Where do you hail from?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 06, 2006 03:29PM

-Sure. In the beginning....it's all about eating 'better'. You can worry about EXACTLY what is raw and what isn't later....as you refine your diet. In the beginning - just concentrate on eating a higher percetage of the fruits and vegetables that you LOVE. Try to keep it simple - and have a plan with small goals every day / week - and you'll do fine. smiling smiley

-You can ask specific questions about what is raw and what isn't on this great forum....and you'll get lots of support from me...Narz...and the other great folks!

-David Mason

Posted by: summer ()
Date: August 06, 2006 09:53PM

just an idea that worked for me when I ate out a lot,
I would order a salad, no dressing, and guacamole, and put that on the salad, yum.
or, just bring you own. We even bring our own avocadoes sometimes when eating places where there will be no guacamole.
it is surprising though, what things are put in a salad, like cheese, bacon bits, etc...if you don't ask first you take your chances.
also, everyone is different, some people go totally raw right away, some ease into it...do what feels best for you and your circumstances/resources...
there is a lot of information around, all of it right, most of it conflicting, and listening to your own body is the only way to avoid confusion...
what works best for me may not work best for you...
in the end, we are all raw and all rawght...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables