Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

juice fasting
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: August 16, 2009 01:30PM

Im trying to do a juice fast so that my bowl gets a rest from overeating and eating mixed things, i find it soo hard its 2.30 and I am starving- can people really do this for 30days im struggling on a 1/2 day.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: juice fasting
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 16, 2009 02:17PM

Yeah, people do it, but you're supposed to FEAST, meaning have a lot of juice. smiling smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 16, 2009 03:22PM

It gets easy after 2 or 3 days-- hunger goes away. Till then, just persevere. (Easier said than done, I know.)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: August 16, 2009 05:26PM

Utopian Life is right. It is supposed to be a Juice FEAST, not FAST. The general rule is to drink 1-2 GALLONS of fresh juice daily during the "feast," but this obviously varies with each individual as their needs and quantity needs are different. I'm pretty stuffed just getting ONE gallon down during a whole work day, so that works fine for me. Do what works best for you, but make sure to get ENOUGH quantity to help with the "hungries" and to keep you satisfied.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: August 16, 2009 09:46PM

Thanks,

Im only doing it to help with pain. It now seems to be working. but i weighed my self this morrning and weighed 107 now tonight im 106 lb. i guess it is so important not to stress when doing this.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: August 17, 2009 02:05AM

Most people, even not fasting or feasting, have a 5-lb. difference in weight throughout the day. This is normal. What can be problematic is weighing oneself too much and evaluation of where this pound or that pound went.....RELAX!!!! smiling smiley

Date: August 17, 2009 09:11AM

Eveyone tells me the same. Relax!!!, my husband said i was stressing last night. I don't even know if im stressing or not. its weird. any way the juice fast has worked no pain at all today. I will now start mono eating

breakfast just melon

lunch just bananas

dinner just zuccinine ( i do need some greens i get really hyperactive if I eat fruit all day)

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: August 17, 2009 03:02PM

Hellokitty
I know that it would be possible for you to do this by yourself or with help from the people here on this board.

However, have you considered finding yourself a raw food coach?

You could work together to set some realistic and achievable targets or goals. It may help you just now to focus on advice from a decent coach in order to enable you to find your way.
ffx

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 17, 2009 03:08PM

I've only been on the boards for 2 weeks now, but I have noticed your struggles with your health and figuring out what to eat that will work for you. My only suggestion is to find something that works and eat that way for several days. Let your body settle in to what is working for it, instead of changing it up so frequently. Then add one new raw food item for a day or two and see how that affects you. I think that trying this and that too frequently may not be helping. I'd also suggest that you weigh yourself once a week and no more then that. If you are hungry eat. I have noticed in just the 2 weeks that I have been eating raw that my weight can fluctuate by about 3 pounds during different times of the day.

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: August 19, 2009 02:55PM

Hello Kitty,

What is your height? I am 5'2 and down to 122 (from a high of 155), but I still look like I need to lose more weight, I just wonder how much. You look good in your picture, so I was wondering how tall you were; then I might know if I should aim for 105. I know everyone is different, but it would still be helpful for me to know.

I am also thinking of juice feasting. Maybe it will help shed the excess pounds on me.

Date: August 19, 2009 03:28PM

musicbebe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Kitty,
>
> What is your height? I am 5'2 and down to 122
> (from a high of 155), but I still look like I need
> to lose more weight, I just wonder how much. You
> look good in your picture, so I was wondering how
> tall you were; then I might know if I should aim
> for 105. I know everyone is different, but it
> would still be helpful for me to know.
>
> I am also thinking of juice feasting. Maybe it
> will help shed the excess pounds on me.

Musicbebe,

Do you have an accurate way near where you live to have your BMI checked? That reading will let you know whether you are within a healthy weight range. Just looking at BMI charts isn't at all accurate -- depends on how much muscle you have, etc. I am 5'8" and my ideal weight is 150 (I am slim, but I have muscle). If I didn't have much muscle I would probably be too heavy at that weight.

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: August 19, 2009 06:42PM

I don't know of an accurate way to check my BMI, though the general guidlines for my height say anywhere between 105 and 135. 135 looks unhealthy on me, and at 122 I still have a good deal of fat in the wrong places. I always thought 105 would be way too little for me, but now I am thinking it may look good. Guess I'll just hope to keep losing and stop whenever I look proportionate, whatever the weight is. I had just been wondering what 105(ish) actually looks like on someone my height.

Date: August 19, 2009 07:33PM

musicbebe Wrote:
> I don't know of an accurate way to check my BMI,
> though the general guidlines for my height say
> anywhere between 105 and 135. 135 looks unhealthy
> on me, and at 122 I still have a good deal of fat
> in the wrong places. I always thought 105 would be
> way too little for me, but now I am thinking it
> may look good. Guess I'll just hope to keep losing
> and stop whenever I look proportionate, whatever
> the weight is. I had just been wondering what
> 105(ish) actually looks like on someone my height.

The dunk test is the most accurate way to measure body fat. Sometimes some hospital fitness centers and universities offer to do that for a pretty reasonable price. They do dunk you completely underwater, so if that is a problem for you it might not be a test you would like to undergo. The BMI charts are completely inaccurate if you have more or less than "average" amounts of muscle or if you are small boned or large boned or if your body is not sufficiently hydrated.

Date: August 19, 2009 08:22PM

The Fruit Faery - that is a good idea- it is possible for me to do this with you guys I just need to get my act togerther stop winging about ibd and just eat simple. I know what i need to do really, I think i find it hard to break my american and british ways of eating. I also do worry about weight too much.

I just put away the scale (for just a week) and am now just going to consintrate on healing my bowl in stead of oh no im 105

I am 5 foot 1. so it is boader line. if i go under i am too thin. It is comon for people with ibd, and ibs to be skinny. I was 114 on the cooked foods but could not maintain that because of the flare. this happens with people with ibd. it takes time to put on healthy weight. for me ive always been a skinny one. 114 was my top weight and that was eating pasta and garlic bread at the same portions as my husband who is 6 foot 1. and having a desset which was soya ice cream and dairy free cake.

Thanks for your adivce everyone.

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: August 19, 2009 10:23PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
> The Fruit Faery - that is a good idea- it is
> possible for me to do this with you guys I just
> need to get my act togerther stop winging about
> ibd and just eat simple. I know what i need to do
> really, I think i find it hard to break my
> american and british ways of eating. I also do
> worry about weight too much.
>
>Hellokitty
Yes you do know what you need to do!
We all know what we need to do!
Its just doing it!
Often the hardest part of any task is starting it!
hugs
x

Posted by: boysenberry ()
Date: August 20, 2009 12:05AM

If it makes you feel any better, I used to be 110 lbs at 5'5", and I thought I was fat.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 20, 2009 05:08AM

boysenberry

i just hope you feel better at whatever weight u are

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables