Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

loose weight
Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: August 20, 2009 05:05AM

So i was wondering.
How can i drom weight quick. I am good at maintaining once my body is in a good state but what is the quickest way to loose the extra lbs that have made residence on my body since eating SAD

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: loose weight
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: August 20, 2009 05:22AM

The quickest way to loose weight is to stop eating.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 20, 2009 05:50AM

Permanent weight loss comes from permanent lifestyle changes. Any attempt to achieve quick weight loss will probably be short lived.

Posted by: byHIShands ()
Date: August 20, 2009 06:54AM

thank you

Posted by: Molli ()
Date: August 20, 2009 02:59PM

Slow and steady is a better course for loosing weight in my opinion.

Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: August 20, 2009 03:22PM

Since you asked, and I have had great success with weight loss, I shall answer.

Greenfood.

To lose weight healthfully on raw vegan, please emphasize greens!! Eat salads twice a day and drink green smoothies. Juice kale, parsley, collards, etc. Start your own sprout growing operation. Make a tasty batch of raw sauerkraut. Toss some wakame onto your salad. Also, cut back on calorie dense foods like nuts and seeds, avocado, oils, coconuts, bananas, dates, and other dried fruit. Eat fewer starchy foods like peas and corn.

Invent some fat-free recipies. Go nuts with wild and crazy green smoothie combinations. Breathe deeply. Stretch lazily. Walk like you have somewhere to be.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: August 20, 2009 03:59PM

Yes, the way hiddenfang describes it your cells will be bathed in nutrients and you'll burn calories quickly and easily.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 20, 2009 04:43PM

best way to lose weight,

eat more fruits and vegetables in the wholest form possible
exercise more
remove as mush stress

smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: cy ()
Date: August 20, 2009 05:07PM

My problem lately is that I eat a lot. I eat at least 3 full plates of salad and greens at lunch,and breakfast I drink 60 oz of veggies or fruit drinks.Normally I donĀ“t eat at dinner time,but with all my cleanse lately I am feeling that I look like a ballon.It is air,not fat,just weird.I think I have to do a kidney tea cleanse to loose some of this air.

Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: August 20, 2009 07:03PM

The truth is, the best way to lose weight is to stop eating so much. I suggest you start by drinking water instead of calorie rich juice. If you're getting enough vitamins and minerals from your salads you won't need the concentrated nutrition of juice. And then try eating two salads and not three. Overeating is a problem for me, too.

Some stratagies I use to prevent overeating:

Autosuggestion, self-hypnosis, positive propaganda, purposful brainwashing - whatever you wanna call it. Make yourself believe in whatever alternate reality you desire as your final outcome or goal.

Yoga - focus on how good the stretches feel instead of perceived hunger signals.

Distraction - get a fascinating new hobby, something that preoccupies your mind and hands. During the day, some people call this "work." During your free time, this can be anything that actively engages more than one sense. Just be sure to engage all senses.

For example, when buying fruit don't just look at it to check for flaws. Feel how firm a ripe tomato can be, how robust certain greens are, how soft a peach is. Smell it all. Listen to the thump of a ripe melon. See the diversity in nature. Imagine yourself tasting....

And lastly, memory recall is a great trick to use. Try this: think of a food you love, but have chosen to avoid eating. Imagine how it looks, it every detail. Imagine all the ingredients that combine to produce such a unique product. Close your eyes and smell it; you already have the memory, you just have to recall it. Then imagine the first taste. Slowly, slowly roll the food around your mouth. Feel it and taste it. Is it melty, crunchy, juicy, thin and elusive, or thick enough to coat your mouth? Imagine swallowing, and feel it slide down your throat. Taste the aftertaste. Smack your lips. Yum.

Now recognize that what you have just imagined is actually how your body perceived the experience. You can eat anything you want in your mind and your body will think you've eaten it (except for the stomach fullness). Now transfer this technique to foods you know you should eat. Imagine eating One Perfect Apple. Imagine yourself craving whatever is good for you. Enjoy it so much in your mind that in reality you cannot stop yourself from loving it.

Hunger itself is not a bad feeling. It's just different. Feel it thoroughly. Enjoy the discomfort (this means that you are alive).

I hope this helps. I know there are many in the same boat, especially people who are new to raw, or not 100% raw yet. Just remember to take the time you need for it to become comfortable. People learn to crave what they eat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables